Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of the White Bear

Glyph of the White Bear - Changes the appearance of your bear and dire bear forms to that of a polar bear.
    I was wondering, does this mean feral druids have to sacrifice a glyph slot that would improve our abilities to look different?

This basically means any feral raiding druids will never get to be a white bear *crys*!

Re: Glyph of the White Bear

I think its using a minor slot, which doesn't really add anything else usefull.

I think its too soon to tell for sure though.

Deleted

Oh, I know, I know, I know!
    Just buy yourself some shitty headpiece and add a Glyph on that, and raid with your real headpiece?

Either that, or I will go cry now, how a good raider will never be able to have the maximum +Fishing skill because his gloves are already enchanted with something raid-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo
    Just buy yourself some shitty headpiece and add a Glyph on that, and raid with your real headpiece?

Either that, or I will go cry now, how a good raider will never be able to have the maximum +Fishing skill because his gloves are already enchanted with something raid-worthy.
    lol

Its not an enchant for items, its an inscription.

ever heard of a seperate pair of gloves for fishing?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=6202

Quote Originally Posted by fjols
    Its not an enchant for items, its an inscription.
    if its an inscription for the bear form spell, and there are no "raid-worthy" inscriptions for shapeshifting available, I'll be one happy polar bear. not the only one i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by fjols
    I think its using a minor slot, which doesn't really add anything else usefull.

I think its too soon to tell for sure though.
    i think minor slots are mainly cosmetic changes

There is no doubt in my mind that it's a Minor Glyph, which means you will not miss any raidviable glyph, as minor glyphs seem to give either cosmetic changes, or such minor bonuses they're hardly worth having in the first place.

example: mages get a minor glyph that makes their sheep into a penguin instead, and druids get a minor glyph that increases the duration of motw and gotw by 30 mins, and another one that reduces the mana cost of thorns. I don't think anybody in their right mind would call either of those essential for raiding, or anything at all, really.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew

Why is this kind of reply in every single post I read here -.-

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew

Ever heard of sarcasm? Or better yet, ever heard of that gray substance in between your ears we nose-breathers call "brain"?

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the replies, well, not to those who did not even bother to read what the post was about before hitting the reply button with "noob" responses.

I'm happy to read that it will be a minor one and not something you have to choose over a nice ability upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie

I'm happy to read that it will be a minor one and not something you have to choose over a nice ability upgrade.
    Remember that its not confirmed and just pure speculations from us, but it seems most likely.

well as a tack on to this message how many inscriptions can you character have? I always thought they would make it you could inscribe as many spells as you want... but this sounds like you inscribe armor again just like enchanting armor? This will suck if we have to upgrade inscribes every time you get new armor also *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by HenRock
    well as a tack on to this message how many inscriptions can you character have? I always thought they would make it you could inscribe as many spells as you want... but this sounds like you inscribe armor again just like enchanting armor? This will suck if we have to upgrade inscribes every time you get new armor also *sigh*
    2 minor, 2 lesser and 2 major. There was a picture in some thread. Trying to find it.

Edit: Found it.

15+ Year Old Account

As far as I know every player will get a new spell book page to which they can add six glyphs — currently, two major, two lesser, and two minor.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Inscription

All the Cosmetic changing glyphs were down as minors (like the mage penguin polymorph). All classes will have similar stuff to this I'm sure, yes I'm talking about green warlock fire.

HenRock: Each Character can have 6 insciptions (2 minor, 2 lesser and 2 major), if your an inscription master i beleive you get an extra one
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

15+ Year Old Account

hmm will the extra one from being a master Inscriber be a extra major, lesser or minor I wonder?

and will they get special glyphs that bind on make which only they can use as an inscriber?

Quote Originally Posted by HenRock
    and will they get special glyphs that bind on make which only they can use as an inscriber?
    Im sure yes.