More dmg done, more healing needed in WOTK?

I can't find source, but I remember reading something about Blizzard making the bosses and perhaps overall tash in dungeons/raids hit for more dmg in WOTK, but they're removing crushing blows. Is that right?

Anyway, if thats true it probably means that more healing needs to be done or more dmg mitigation. It seems to me that based on some of the new pally skills/talents that this might be true. For example, Avenging Wrath now gives 20% additional healing for 20 seconds. Pretty bloody useful I might say, every 3 mins. Holy Shock has been buffed by 60% in the latest beta build i think. Sheath of Light brings a lot more healing abilities, and also increases healing from AP. If you go to the Beacon of Light instead, Im sure that will no doubt be used often.

Either way it seems that holy pallies will either get Beacon of Light and 10% spell haste from the Holy Tree, or get Sheath of Light, extra crit and improved blessing of might from the Ret tree. SO either faster heals and an extra healing ability, or more powerful heals. Coupled with the new Avenging Wrath and Holy Shock.

Either way it appears as tho more healing needs to be done. Yes? No? And this has nothing to do with the extra ranks for healing spells that we'll be getting. I'm talking about the EXTRA healing power we'll be getting in WOTK, on top of our spell upgrades. Third option is that holy pallies are just getting buffed for healing, as we've always been kinda low in that regard. Can anyone with knowledge tell me if the other healing classes are getting similarily buffed?

ikillbigppl

Re: More dmg done, more healing needed in WOTK?

yes the dmg is going to be higher in wrath then bc just as it was lower in old wow beffor bc came out

it will probably happen in wrath. and of corse healing will go up to compansate for this change

Nah I don't mean it in terms of the normal progression of damage as we go through levels or between expansions... because our healing spells will just be upgrades alongside armour and stuff. I mean the extra healing power we have ON TOP of this, which we seem to be getting

Pallys have never been weak healers, only weak raid healers. With the addition of instant heals, the prayer of mending like spell, and the 51 point aoe heal, we will be much more effective in group situations. And with the buff that strength to block value is getting i think the overall damage taken by shield users probably won't be quite as bad as you think it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Since aoe heals will affect the entire raid, i suspect there will be a need for it.
    Lots of aoe damage will be an important aspect of wotlk.

ikillbigppl

i agree i do see more raid wide healing required in wrath.. if u look at how they are changing things in wrath. most of the changes are making this afect everyone in your raid not just your single group. meaing raid leaders will have much more room to play with class makup. and in wrath i would expect + healing to get to 3k or so in mid lvl tier gear. i dont think they will keep healing at a bc lvl

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    i agree i do see more raid wide healing required in wrath.. if u look at how they are changing things in wrath. most of the changes are making this afect everyone in your raid not just your single group. meaing raid leaders will have much more room to play with class makup. and in wrath i would expect + healing to get to 3k or so in mid lvl tier gear. i dont think they will keep healing at a bc lvl
    Don't expect to see really big plus healing numbers anymore.

You have to remember that Spell Power is going to be universal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Don't expect to see really big plus healing numbers anymore.

You have to remember that Spell Power is going to be universal now.
    Ahm.

While our +healing might not reach 3k as without the change to spellpower our heals still get a far greater spell coefficient as compared to now (TBC). So overall you should see increased values on your heals.

Which, as has been said before makes sense. Players will gain more health in WOTLK, thus mobs need to deal more damage, thus the healing values need to be increased.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

i never had a chance to raid pre tbc and there were always some things that i wondered about:
    - how long did usually boss fight last pre tbc?
    - did tanks need spam healing and could they died in 1-2 secs from spike damage?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    i never had a chance to raid pre tbc and there were always some things that i wondered about:
    - how long did usually boss fight last pre tbc?
    - did tanks need spam healing and could they died in 1-2 secs from spike damage?
    - Depended on the fight really, but usually around 6-10 minutes. Some bosses took forever, like Onyxia for example especially back when we had T1 gear. Bosses did not have an enrage timer though, but with the mana regeneration back then that really did not matter.

- Depended on the boss, some Blackwing Lair and Naxx bosses had insane damage spikes. Broodlord Lashlayer for example could easily crit the tank for 8-10k damage with a Mortal Strike ability he had.

well what i meant is that:

pre tbc there wasnt that much active mana regen. some people were telling me that very common style of healing was downranking big heals or using hots like renew and rejuv. imo it really lowers hps and heals every 2-3 seconds seem kinda slow. such style of healing is unacceptable in tbc as tank would die pretty fast. in overall pre tbc healing seems to me less dynamic and more like a race - healer's hps vs boss' dps.

now they wanna make it even more dynamic in wotlk by reducing gcds, making haste common stat and so on... i kinda wouldnt like wow raids to become so much dependent on reflex and agility of my fingers :S
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Downranking in Vanilla was actually pretty usefull as all healing spells had the same +healing coefficiency. So you would still gain your total +healing as a bonus, but were less likely to overheal.

It wasn't so much a "Healing vs. boss DPS" race as it was a "Boss Health vs. Raid mana total" race. Healing itself, the actual HPS as we call it these days was usually fine.
    Because active mana regeneration was restricted to Druids and Mages only the raid would just go oom.