Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Penance and Dispersion...suck?

keep in mind no one has seen any raid content yet for LK, who knows what thats like in terms of damage taken to the raid.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

id rather have a shadow heal or a shadow AoE for that 51 talent point IMO

dont think blizzard understand that shadow is also a PvP spec and shoul d have thought before they acted so dull mindedly

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    keep in mind no one has seen any raid content yet for LK, who knows what thats like in terms of damage taken to the raid.
    With every man and his dog having aoe heals im not worried about raid dmg tbh

Quote Originally Posted by dominara
    Also anyone who thinks that the Mana Potion nerf is a bad thing is insane. Id rather spend my gold on gear instead of having complusory farming before each raid.
    Come on farming for mana pots with the 2 easiest herbs to get in outland hardly call it hard and on my server these are the 2 cheapest herbs u can get. If you wanna progress then farming for mats is part of that process. This talents fails i hope it gets changed before launch and our dps aint gonna be that much better, we get to see bigger numbers but guess what rogues, locks, mages and everyone else gets to see bigger numbers so we just offer less utility and prob be the new moonkin.

Also anyone who thinks that the Mana Potion nerf is a bad thing is insane. Id rather spend my gold on gear instead of having complusory farming before each raid.
    True i would rather have awesome regen than grind for mana pots every raid day, but if it meant having it as a 51 pointer when i could get something else i would take the mana pots any day. Someone suggested a shadow heal or aoe, we are getting an aoe (mind sear) i'd even rather have an improved version of mind sear as my 51 pointer over dispersion.

My complaints about dispersion are that the rest of our changes alone are simply not good enough for wotlk raiding (afaik). We ARE getting a dps increase yes, but SO ARE OTHER CLASSES. We will STILL be 14th /15th on dps charts only now we have surv hunters competing with us for party utility. They will clearly do more damage than us and their version of VT also gives rage and energy..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    True i would rather have awesome regen than grind for mana pots every raid day, but if it meant having it as a 51 pointer when i could get something else i would take the mana pots any day. Someone suggested a shadow heal or aoe, we are getting an aoe (mind sear) i'd even rather have an improved version of mind sear as my 51 pointer over dispersion.

My complaints about dispersion are that the rest of our changes alone are simply not good enough for wotlk raiding (afaik). We ARE getting a dps increase yes, but SO ARE OTHER CLASSES. We will STILL be 14th /15th on dps charts only now we have surv hunters competing with us. They will clearly do more damage than us and their version of VT also gives rage and energy..
    Dont forget druids also give back mana/rage/energy with crits from healing spells as well. Wave bye to sp's

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    Dont forget druids also give back mana/rage/energy with crits from healing spells as well. Wave bye to sp's
    ah yeh forgot about that; it really is the end of shadowpriest endgame pve.

ah yeh forgot about that; it really is the end of shadowpriest endgame pve.
    OH yeah another thing shamans totems are raid wide so afew resto shamans, im sure mana spring stacks

Mana Spring does not stack. Put two Shamans in the same group and test if you like.

never lucky enough to get 2 shamans in the same group maybe its the healing one that stacks then or im just 2 tried and its late :P

OH yeah another thing shamans totems are raid wide so afew resto shamans, im sure mana spring stacks
    heh that would be imba but i doubt they will let mana spring stack.

THIS DOES HOWEVER still give shamans more utility in terms of giving the raid mana. Vague but indirect shadowpriest nerf again.

Umm, I'm a SWP raiding Shadow Priest and I could care less about the potion chaining nerf. If anything its gonna suck because I cannot chain destruction potions. I never have a single problem with mana on any fight.

As for dispersion whoever says you don't need an O'shit button while raiding is a complete moron. This game is based on RNG, sometimes shit fucks up and there's nothing you can do about it. Dispersion will be a nice talent to have for raiding and for pvp.

Example: Encapsulate on Felmyst, pop dispersion only 350 dmg per tick rather than 3500; Yeah I think I'll absolutely take that talent plz.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Umm, I'm a SWP raiding Shadow Priest and I could care less about the potion chaining nerf. If anything its gonna suck because I cannot chain destruction potions. I never have a single problem with mana on any fight.

As for dispersion whoever says you don't need an O'shit button while raiding is a complete moron. This game is based on RNG, sometimes shit fucks up and there's nothing you can do about it. Dispersion will be a nice talent to have for raiding and for pvp.

Example: Encapsulate on Felmyst, pop dispersion only 350 dmg per tick rather than 3500; Yeah I think I'll absolutely take that talent plz.
    If your telling me u never chain potted ever then sorry im about to call you a liar

If your telling me u never chain potted ever then sorry im about to call you a liar
    nope, its true.
    1300+damage unbuffed and you chain destro pots

So all through ssc/tk never chain potted once? only when u get to mh/bt gear and set bonuses that it becomes less of a problem.

Nah, not really, I use my Shadow Fiend but, I've never used more than 2 mana pots per fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl

Nah, not really, I use my Shadow Fiend but, I've never used more than 2 mana pots per fight.
    I do really find this hard to belive tbh. You 2 must be the only 2 sp's i know that have never chain potted at least one must have had a very nice group setup.

What numbers do you have to back this up?
    Okay there are a few things which spell the end for shadowpriests:

- (HUNTER) Hunting Party 5/5: Your critical hits have a 100%(now 60%) chance of restoring 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) 10 energy, 4 rage, or 10 runic power to all members of your party; 8 second cooldown

- (DRUID) Replenish 3/3: Your rejuvenation spell has a 15% chance to restore 10 energy, 5 rage, 10 runic power, 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) per tick. (No cooldown afaik)

Not to mention hunters will out dps us given the current talent trees; and we havent recieved ANY OTHER RAID UTILITY IN THE SHADOW TREE.

So tell me; do you take the hunter, who can push more dps and give mana/energy/rage/runic power to the party (not to mention aspects), or a shadowpriest who can give slightly more mana?

I do really find this hard to belive tbh. You 2 must be the only 2 sp's i know that have never chain potted at least one must have had a very nice group setup.
    some people realize that coming out of a fight with almost full mana is pointless. Only fights i chain on are Council and Mother
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Okay there are a few things which spell the end for shadowpriests:

- (HUNTER) Hunting Party 5/5: Your critical hits have a 100%(now 60%) chance of restoring 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) 10 energy, 4 rage, or 10 runic power to all members of your party; 8 second cooldown

- (DRUID) Replenish 3/3: Your rejuvenation spell has a 15% chance to restore 10 energy, 5 rage, 10 runic power, 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) per tick. (No cooldown afaik)

Not to mention hunters will out dps us given the current talent trees; and we havent recieved ANY OTHER RAID UTILITY IN THE SHADOW TREE.
    Dont forget early indications suggest locks will be going with a fire build so shadow weaving is only really going to affect our own dmg output and doubt we will be seeing much uptime on isb if at all if locks go fire so thats another nerf to our dps