Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Penance and Dispersion...suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    some people realize that coming out of a fight with almost full mana is pointless. Only fights i chain on are Council and Mother
    Idd it is useless coming out with full mana my point was i find it hard to belive they have never chain potted

Quote Originally Posted by dominara
    Druid one isn't anything to worry about. It's 15% per tick IF you are getting healed.
    I know.

but rank1 rejuv spam on raid-damage fights is invaluable (which most fights are)

The Hunter one... well all this is being done so no class is required in 10 man raiding I guess.
    However thats 2% mana per crit 60% of the time, whereas ours is 2% of our entire damage. They work very differently and only the Shadowpriest version scales well. I can see Hunters being in the Melee group and Shadowpriests in the Caster group. Ours is better for mana, theirs better for everything else.
    Yes but you have to weigh it up; their mana giving powers will be weaker, but giving rage/energy/runic power is something not to be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    Idd it is useless coming out with full mana my point was i find it hard to belive they have never chain potted

lol not that hard to believe, my cousin is an Spriest too, he lives with me and he's saying the same thing. Sounds like your reapplying your dots too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    - (HUNTER) Hunting Party 5/5: Your critical hits have a 100%(now 60%) chance of restoring 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) 10 energy, 4 rage, or 10 runic power to all members of your party; 8 second cooldown
    Did anybody else read that there is an 8 second cool down on how often the hunter may restore mana? I like to think that I am capable of returning well over 300 mana in 8 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Marticol
    Did anybody else read that there is an 8 second cool down on how often the hunter may restore mana? I like to think that I am capable of returning well over 300 mana in 8 seconds...
    hence us all agreeing shadowpriests will still generate more mana.

it's still 300+ mana every 8 sec

We have a spell called Misery that is a 5% increase in Magic DPS.
    We also have a spell called Shadow Weaving which is a further 10% increase for Shadow DPS users.
    Hence 5-15%.

You said you raid..?
    HA, nice to see you've added in SHADOW DPS USERS to this post, before you were claiming 15% magic damage for all raid members which was plain wrong.

Warlocks will be fire in wotlk so shadow weaving only boosts other shadowpriests.

Nice ninja edit covering up your retardation.

I said 5-15%. That does not mean 15%. It means 5-15%. As in 5% to 15%. I assumed you could figure out what caused the variation (your spell school).
    pah. back on topic please? i saw the 15% and posted without thinking, it still doesn't change that we are losing SOME* of our utility to other classes (hunter and druid) and i honestly think we need more raid utility or we will become even less needed in raids.

I need this magic orb you all get your knowledge from.

We haven't lost anything, Hunters will not be put in caster groups. An extra HEALER will not be brought instead of a DPS class.

I don't feel that the Druid version is good enough to warrant replacing us with a different class. It's a 15% chance every 3 seconds of 300 Mana when you are taking damage. It isn't enough and it isn't on all the time. They may not even heal you with Rejuvination.
    The Hunter version is plainly better for Melee and they give other Melee synergy while benefiting from Melee synergy themselves except mana regen.
    hmmm good points all; i suppose we will be in the same situation we are now in wotlk raids but with better self-mana regen and less threat.

the options for priests now are:

- continue raiding exactly how you did in TBC with the exact same spell rotation (minus SW:P)
    - respec disc or holy for new, useful things

what about that:
    Every new spell will fit into its situation.

And that:
    Because nearly every class has a new regeneration ability of which the raid/group profits, players are able to use spells which costs loads of mana (mind sear for us...2465 mana). So you simply need these classes...and not just one of em.

Aaaaaand:
    Beta just started and you argue like all these skills were live and you already use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazhghal
    what about that:
    Every new spell will fit into its situation.

And that:
    Because nearly every class has a new regeneration ability of which the raid/group profits, players are able to use spells which costs loads of mana (mind sear for us...2465 mana). So you simply need these classes...and not just one of em.

Aaaaaand:
    Beta just started and you argue like all these skills were live and you already use it.
    Very true, but mind sear will just be for nuking down trash, you'd need some pretty heavy mana regen to be able to keep mind sear up.

Hey wait; maybe they gave us an aoe to give us the illusion of a higher dps class on WWS! :-X

Very true, but mind sear will just be for nuking down trash, you'd need some pretty heavy mana regen to be able to keep mind sear up.

Hey wait; maybe they gave us an aoe to give us the illusion of a higher dps class on WWS! :-X
    Hey wait; you didnt get the point. Maybe we will be able to use mindsear even in bosses (have you seen hadronox on Azjol-Nerub?)...but only with the mana supply of the group/raid. Its called team work.

Get away from the "shadow==manasupply==raid qualification" attitude...a shadow is a variable caster dps class, if you like it, roll it.

5man bosses don't count.

I know that shadow is viable dps, but i'm talking about endgame raids pushing new content, the dps difference between warlocks and shadowpriests is obvious as you well know. I also agree with your point of if you enjoy it then spec/raid with it; but i and much of the shadowpriest community are very unimpressed with the wotlk shadow changes.

5man bosses don't count.

I know that shadow is viable dps, but i'm talking about endgame raids pushing new content, the dps difference between warlocks and shadowpriests is obvious as you well know. I also agree with your point of if you enjoy it then spec/raid with it; but i and much of the shadowpriest community are very unimpressed with the wotlk shadow changes.

Umm speak for yourself, I'm extremely excited about the Shadowpriest talents. They are going to be an extreme increase in DPS, I raid SWP and I cannot be more excited to play my Shadowpriest in end game raiding.

EDIT: And you are no one. "I and much of the shadowpriest community", umm you represent no body, I read the wow forums and shadowpriest.com forums, there is equal excitement/dread on both opinions, so please stop acting like you know what your talking about, cause you really don't

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Umm speak for yourself, I'm extremely excited about the Shadowpriest talents. They are going to be an extreme increase in DPS, I raid SWP and I cannot be more excited to play my Shadowpriest in end game raiding.

EDIT: And you are no one? "I and much of the shadowpriest community", umm you represent no body, I read the wow forums and shadowpriest.com forums, they is equal excitement/dread on both opinions, so please stop acting like you know what your talking about, cause you really don't
    Actually if you'll properly scour the shadowpriest.com forums they are MOSTLY disappointed with the changes; i was actually basing my point entirely on what i've seen on the shadowpriest.com forums. And the dps increase is not as extreme as you'd like to believe. WE WILL STILL BE 14th 15th ON DPS METERS.

Actually if you'll properly scour the shadowpriest.com forums they are MOSTLY disappointed with the changes; i was actually basing my point entirely on what i've seen on the shadowpriest.com forums. And the dps increase is not as extreme as you'd like to believe. WE WILL STILL BE 14th 15th ON DPS METERS.

Umm you have no proof of any of this BS you are spouting. Show me where you have seen evidence of 25 man raids in WotLK. I read Spriest.com forums every day. They are not MOSTLY disappointed, Shadowpriests clearly are getting the biggest buffs with their talents. If your too ignorant to noticed that please reroll and stop making our class look moron infested.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Umm you have no proof of any of this BS you are spouting. Show me where you have seen evidence of 25 man raids in WotLK. I read Spriest.com forums every day. They are not MOSTLY disappointed, Shadowpriests clearly are getting the biggest buffs with their talents. If your too ignorant to noticed that please reroll and stop making our class look moron infested.
    Stopped reading here.

From a PVP perspective yes, from a PVE perspective hell fucking no.

I do not understand why so many people continue to QQ about things in the first stages of beta, ok I can maybe understand if we were towards the end of the beta and there were still so many things wrong, but it has JUST STARTED, gd.

Hell even Hunters didn't QQ about some abilities being said to do like 3-5 damage, they waited and you know what? THEY WERE FIXED.

So can I ask, enough QQ?

Stopped reading here.

From a PVP perspective yes, from a PVE perspective hell fucking no.
    You are a really stupid person and you clearly no nothing about this game that you pay monthly for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauridius
    I do not understand why so many people continue to QQ about things in the first stages of beta, ok I can maybe understand if we were towards the end of the beta and there were still so many things wrong, but it has JUST STARTED, gd.

Hell even Hunters didn't QQ about some abilities being said to do like 3-5 damage, they waited and you know what? THEY WERE FIXED.

So can I ask, enough QQ?
    because the hunters didnt QQ when all other classes were getting alpha notes right?

and you must know by now that QQ leads to buffs, i mean look at paladins