Alchemy in WotLK

WotLK Alchemy = TBC Alchemy + 60%

I wish I could find out about the new exciting potions that aren't just the same old shit. Does anyone know if there are any flasks/elixirs that aren't just slightly better versions of the exact same flasks/elixirs from TBC?

Re: Alchemy in WotLK

Most of the pots/elixirs/flasks I've seen so far are upgraded versions, but the thing I'm most excited about is this new Alchemical Blood malarkey, but need to find out some numbers ! Well I hope it's a significant buff, some reward for those of us who've kept with alchemy all these years for negligible gains

Potion Sickness means alch is going to be a lot less in demand

wouldnt shock me if it takes the place of the alc stone!

also question is will this new alc blood mal stack with the alc stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Shido
    wouldnt shock me if it takes the place of the alc stone!

also question is will this new alc blood mal stack with the alc stone?
    It seems to me that Alc Blood is more akin to the mad alchemist's potion than it is to the alch stone. It doesn't say that potions will have increased effect, it says that when you drink a potion that you know how to make, you will gain an additional effect. That's how I interpretted it, anyway. So if you know how to make a major healing potion, and you drink one, you get, for example, a 30 minute +6 spirit buff, or whatever.

Something along those lines.

As for potion sickness reducing the demand on alchemy, I've always been Elixir spec anyway Did the changes where you could only drink two elixirs at a time reduce the demand? Maybe a little, but alchemy is always going to be essential for raids, and if healers aren't gonna be able to chainpot, they're gonna rely on elixirs and flasks that much more ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy
    It doesn't say that potions will have increased effect
    That's exactly what it says, actually.

I went back and checked it out. I seems like some of the wording can be left up to speculation and interpretation. I'm not entirely convinced.

For example, look at the wording on the Alch stone:
    Increases the effect that healing and mana potions have on the wearer by 40%. This effect does not stack.

The second sentence answers one of our questions in this thread (although it is very possible that it'll change with wotlk)

Now compare it to Alc blood:
    You receive an increased effect when you drink an elixir, potion, or flask that you can make.

I can understand how the wording might be different to more obviously include buffing elixirs rather than just instant, value-restoring potions. I'm just hung up on the syntax.

You know the effect you receive from using a potion, elixir or flasks? It will be increased. How is that hard to understand?

Eh, I'd still rather have the three-elixir alchemy spec buff.

I hate how vague Blizz is... "an increased effect".

Gimme a %, Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    I hate how vague Blizz is... "an increased effect".

Gimme a %, Blizz
    Your Elixirs of Greater Waterbreathing now makes you breathe 30% more water, Elixir of Detect Lesser Invisibility makes you detect things which are 30% more invisible, Elixir of Detect Undead makes the dots on your minimap 30% larger, Elixir of Dream Vision makes your visions 30% dreamier, and Elixir of Camouflage makes you 30% more untrackable? ;D
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat
    Your Elixirs of Greater Waterbreathing now makes you breathe 30% more water, Elixir of Detect Lesser Invisibility makes you detect things which are 30% more invisible, Elixir of Detect Undead makes the dots on your minimap 30% larger, Elixir of Dream Vision makes your visions 30% dreamier, and Elixir of Camouflage makes you 30% more untrackable? ;D
    and flask of petrification gets you 30% more stoned 8)