Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Has anyone put together a good enhance build.

I was toying around with enhance builds and was curious what some of you have come up with for PVE or PVP builds. This might be the noob of the day comment, but what is the point in putting points in malestorm if you are enhance, i dont find myself casting lightning that much when raiding.

Deleted

Re: Has anyone put together a good enhance build.

We have a Shaman subsection just for these kinds of questions.

I'll move this topic over there.

You'd put points into maelstrom so you can cast Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while raiding.

Or (the even better option) you use it to cast Lava Burst which is 100% crit chance if your flameshock is on the target. This Lava Burst crit will then give you 9% melee crit for 10 seconds with Elemental Devestation.

Edit to include spec:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...13353115201050

I like that for a pve spec with 5 floating points to put into Reverberation or the Ghostwolf/Spirit Wolves talents.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...13353115231051

For pve i would take that one
    Maelstrom for instant lava burst, which will always crit with FS on the mob so elemental devastation will always be up
    For pvp, i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    We have a Shaman subsection just for these kinds of questions.

I'll move this topic over there.
    Thank you very much ;D

so it seems that people are staying away from the resto tree all together. No need to put points in a wider range on totems? It is hard because you have to put points in some not so well used talents, but with totems going raid wide shouldnt a 30 yrd radius be stressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Macfly
    so it seems that people are staying away from the resto tree all together. No need to put points in a wider range on totems? It is hard because you have to put points in some not so well used talents, but with totems going raid wide shouldnt a 30 yrd radius be stressed?
    I saw Nature's Guidance get taken out so I wouldn't put points into that tree in Wrath. Since our totems are gonna be raid wide, every spec will have their totems in their respecive layer of raid positioning. Enhance will have their totems placed so the boss can trip on them, Elemental and Resto Shaman will have their totems near other casters.

Here's a pvp build:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

(Somehow it's not showing 5/5 into Call of Thunder, instead it's showing 5/5 toughness)

Explanation (non obvious reasons):

Enhancement Tree

5/5 Maelstrom Weapon for instant Lava Burst or Chain Lightning in certain situations.

2/2 Imp Ghost Wolf & 2/2 Spectral Transformation for that anti-snare/cc combo that we need to get out of shatter combos, stun locks, etc. in arena.

I didn't put any points into Toughness because even though Toughness increases your armor value, you really don't need the 50% reduction in duration on slowing effects, BECAUSE with instant gw and spectral transformation which gives you a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects, there wouldn't be a point to Toughness now would there? (In cases where if you can't get away in gw fast enough, just pop out and back into gw.)

Elemental Tree

NOTE: With spell and melee crit becoming one and all, it's better to spec into the ele tree to help max out dmg output.

3/3 Elemental Devastation to help increase your melee crit chance obviously.

3/3 Call of Flame for the Lava Burst dmg increase for when you pop your instant Lava Burst to make it hurt a lil more.

1/1 Elemental Focus is similar to Shamanistic focus but reduces DAMAGE and HEALING spells by 40% instead of just shocks by 60%. If elemental focus and shamanistic focus stacks, which I'm not sure of yet, it'll be nice to have shocks at the cost of NOTHING.

5/5 Call of Thunder for that 5% increase in crit for your Chain Lightning.

General background....my enh shaman has 31% crit and 1528 ap unbuffed in full pvp gear. He has 4/5 brutal and venge shoulders with venge weps and 5/5 guardian. The name is Frozenyogurt, too lazy to put up the armory link, sorry. lol

I would like to see this spec in action:

Imo u dont need thoughness so instead of those 5 points and 1 points in DW spec (the last hit rating u will prob get from SOME gear anyway) i spec em in elemental to make it easier for me to heal myself after getting critted,, this is more defensive spec but also very nice for dmg.. u can choose to put the 3 points in Call of Thunder instead of elemental warding,, which might be better for dmg output

just an idea

15+ Year Old Account

12/59/0, the way to go!

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=hVhhoZ0xgcoxdIekguio

Maximized dps.
    Not to hard to crit 5 times in a short time as Enh Shaman, 5/5 Maelstrom Weapon active then, flameshock, instant lava burst crit, ele devastation and ele focus get activated then, means 9% more crit with melee and 40% less mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells. 5/5 Maelstrom Weapon ( will stack faster because of the 9% extra crit )
    Flameshock again, with 40% less mana cost, Instant lava burst crit again with also 40% less mana cost. Go on like this forever with a couple of WF crits between it and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by lorbs28
    Here's a pvp build:

(Somehow it's not showing 5/5 into Call of Thunder, instead it's showing 5/5 toughness)

Explanation (non obvious reasons):
    Don't you think Reverberation is needed? I've never actually played Enhancement in PvP, but I feel like 1sec less CD on your shocks should be as important as it is for Elemental shamans.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fromis
    Don't you think Reverberation is needed? I've never actually played Enhancement in PvP, but I feel like 1sec less CD on your shocks should be as important as it is for Elemental shamans.
    Most ele shaman's don't even get Reverberation, and no you don't really need it. He has put the exact same and perfect 12 points in the Ele-tree for Enh. Most Enh shaman's will be doing this (my build some posts ago got the same 12 in Ele also). Going down further in the ele tree will make your damage with melee go down to much.

To the one who asked what use spirit wolves would be in raiding: every little bit of DPS counts, and the wolves will have their own threat. So its basically DPS you contribute to the raid without getting more threat.

Furthurmore, I'm pretty sure most enhance shaman rotations have at least 1 global cooldown doing nothing, that's a good time to hit your wolves button and get a bit more hurt on the target.

Personally, I still feel a shaman's main purpose in a raid is the added buffs that they bring... even more so now that totems are raidwide and base range is extended to 30 yards.

I can't see putting more than 8 point in elemental (for Concussion and Elemental Devastation) and the rest in enhancement. In the talent builds listed above, you're not putting points into Enhancing Totems (15% buff to SoE which is now strength and agility, or Imp. Windfury Totem which adds another 4% melee haste).

Enhance shamans have got huge buffs with the new talent trees, but don't sacrifice raid dps for your own personal dps.

Right now I'm considering 2 different builds for PvE.

First is 15/55/0 +1:
    This gets the main DPS/support talents from Enhancement, along with Concussion, Convection, Call of Flame, Elemental Devastation, and Elemental Focus from Elemental, with 1 point to spend as you wish.

Second is 10/61/0:
    This is similar to the first build, but it abandons Elemental Focus, Convection, and 1 point in Call of Flame in favor of Improved Shields and Static Shock.

I really don't know how good Static Shock actually is for DPS, so I'm holding my judgement until I see how much DPS the talent actually provides and if it's worth the reduction in mana regen from the loss of Water Shield.

A few points I would like to make about some talent options:

Concussion vs. Convection vs. Call of Flame:

In TBC it was a simple matter of putting 5 points on Concussion and 5 points on Convection. Now we have the introduction of an improved Call of Flame and the tier rise of Elemental Devastation (which is a must). However, it appears to me that the new Enhancement buffs come with a steep rise in mana conservasion, what with elemental spells becoming a viable option for us now (thanks to Maelstrom). Therefore Convection seems to be a given. Now the question is, do we want a 2% damage boost to all of our shocks and spells, or do we want a 4% boost to Lavaburst and a 10% boost fire totems? I often argue the point of both quite a bit, but right now I am favoring Call of Flame simply because Flame Shock will take away some of our more powerful shocks in favor of a Lavaburst crit, which Call of Flame will improve in the first place. And with the possible use of fire nova, a 5/2 point attribution to Convection and Call of Flame seems to be the most effective at this time.

Reverberation:

I've noticed that quite a few people simply ignore this talent right now, which is odd considering how powerful it really is. Toughness WOULD be a very viable contender, but the addition of Spectral Transformation pretty much negates its usefulness. Not that Toughness is useless, I'm sure there will still be plenty of uses for it considering the mana cost rise of Ghost Wolf, but it simply does not beat out Reverberation at this time.

Improved Fire Nova Totem:

So I now hear that the stun effect may come back to this talent, which will bring many smiles to the faces of Shaman everywhere. However, even without the stun effect I would highly consider this talent. Fire Nova is a powerful totem (albeit unreliable at times) made even more so by the the reduction of time needed for this baby to explode. The added slowdown effect is also a nice bonus, which may allow us to cast a more powerful shock instead of Frost Shock in certain situations.

Static Shock:

I have to admit, I am very underwhelmed by this talent. The extra orbs it adds is nice, but the chance to strike your foe with an additional lightning orb is hardly anything to get excited about. Currently not worth the points that would be better spent elsewhere.

<a href=http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?shaman=50203510200000000000000000000000000000000000000000005052031050013352115201251>This is currently my preferred build</a>

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...13352115201251
    OR

depending on the amount of outdoor raid instances and the movement imparing effects in these

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    OR

depending on the amount of outdoor raid instances and the movement imparing effects in these
    Both builds look exactly the same. They also look exactly like my build

Quote Originally Posted by skeenerm
    Both builds look exactly the same. They also look exactly like my build
    You missed imp windfury and strength of earth :\