Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What will happen to Blessing of Light Libram?

What are they gonna do with items that are only affected by spells such as Blessing of Light (of which is being removed)...

Libram of Souls Redeemed
    Increases the benefit your Flash of Light spell receives from Blessing of Light by 60 and Holy Light spell receives from Blessing of Light by 120.

Any thoughts? ???

Re: Blessing of Light Libram...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelandra
    What are they gonna do with items that are only affected by spells such as Blessing of Light (of which is being removed)...

Libram of Souls Redeemed
    Increases the benefit your Flash of Light spell receives from Blessing of Light by 60 and Holy Light spell receives from Blessing of Light by 120.

Any thoughts? ???
    on the main page, the blue post say they plan to adjust items that effect old mechanics.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted

Re: What will happen to Blessing of Light Libram?

I took the liberty of adjusting this thread's title to be in line with our new Forum Guidelines. Please take note of these and apply them if you make a new post/thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=11619.0

Librams make me want to cry.

The problem with them is they basically enchance talents or skills. Hence they can't give them anything meaningful without it seeming like we get an extra talent point.

Wish they'd give up on the failed idea to make relics "unique and distinct" from ranged items.

I'd much rather have more stats, as holy, a libram that gave me int, spell power and MP5. Now that'd be something any holy paladin would drool over.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Currently on the beta the libram is unchanged

Librams make me want to cry.

The problem with them is they basically enchance talents or skills. Hence they can't give them anything meaningful without it seeming like we get an extra talent point.

Wish they'd give up on the failed idea to make relics "unique and distinct" from ranged items.

I'd much rather have more stats, as holy, a libram that gave me int, spell power and MP5. Now that'd be something any holy paladin would drool over.

I don't think I would give up my libram of absolute truth for anything you could possibly suggest

for a pally with no haste 34mana every 2 seconds is equivalent to 85 mana/5. For me with a 1.8 second holy light its 94! (I use holy light pretty exclusively in sunwell)

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny

I don't think I would give up my libram of absolute truth for anything you could possibly suggest

for a pally with no haste 34mana every 2 seconds is equivalent to 85 mana/5. For me with a 1.8 second holy light its 94! (I use holy light pretty exclusively in sunwell)
    Meh, you can't spam HL all of a fight. Take Brutallus, at 6 minutes to kill, thats 180(or more) HL's if you spammed non-stop. With a 40% crit rate and the libram, casting rank 9 HL, one would need 65,160 mana. Aka not a chance in hell.

Meanwhile we all have a libram equipped that does NOTHING for large parts of our adventuring. I use Souls Redeemed, doesn't do a damn thing when I am not casting FoL or HL. For you, only time libram is useful is on HL cast.

Then as if that alone isn't punishment enough to relic users, they added GEM SLOTS to ranged items. WTF.

Take a look at Wand of the Demonsoul for instance, now imagine that with +heal instead of +spell damage. Hell, I'd equip it with spell damage version, slap a 10 int gem in there and never consider any of the relics they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann
    Meh, you can't spam HL all of a fight. Take Brutallus, at 6 minutes to kill, thats 180(or more) HL's if you spammed non-stop. With a 40% crit rate and the libram, casting rank 9 HL, one would need 65,160 mana. Aka not a chance in hell.

Meanwhile we all have a libram equipped that does NOTHING for large parts of our adventuring. I use Souls Redeemed, doesn't do a damn thing when I am not casting FoL or HL. For you, only time libram is useful is on HL cast.

Then as if that alone isn't punishment enough to relic users, they added GEM SLOTS to ranged items. WTF.

Take a look at Wand of the Demonsoul for instance, now imagine that with +heal instead of +spell damage. Hell, I'd equip it with spell damage version, slap a 10 int gem in there and never consider any of the relics they offer.
    On the whole Brutallus 6 minute spam thing: There are things called Potions and Mana Tide and Mana Spring, which can turn a 10k mana pool into a 70k mana pool. That and most Paladins that start stacking Haste should already have high enough crit through the T6 two-piece and subsequent talents, raising HL Crit to a little over 50%.

Don't take it from me though, I'm a Ret Paladin =)

wrong..well sorta wrong you would need a shadow priest or resto shaman to help you.

http://wowwebstats.com/443tmmn5pkkq5?a=21

I only used 3 flashes the entire fight while waiting on a mana pot cooldown.

wrong..well sorta wrong you would need a shadow priest or resto shaman to help you.

http://wowwebstats.com/443tmmn5pkkq5?a=21

I only used 3 flashes the entire fight while waiting on a mana pot cooldown.

you tossed 91 HL's. Thats high end on Brut, normally our paladins cast ~60, highest I see is 84. You even say you were OOM from HL. Now double that number (180) and no possible way any current paladin could get that kind of mana.

Also remember the 65k mana number I mentioned is after illumination and libram returns. Even with a SP you were 30k shy of needed mana.

Doesn't change the fact librams are GARBAGE compared to what 6 other classes get to equip in their "ranged slot".

yup id take extra stats anyday over a libram...would of for months. Now that they caused that spell interuption by swapping them at the beginning of combat rendering my librammeister useless it give me 5 extra librams that I will never use again basically.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Khody

I've never understood why Librams didn't function similarly to Bows and Wands.

If you think about it, it's technically a book or a scroll or whatever you want to call it just like some offhands.

Why couldn't they have stats?

you tossed 91 HL's. Thats high end on Brut, normally our paladins cast ~60, highest I see is 84. You even say you were OOM from HL. Now double that number (180) and no possible way any current paladin could get that kind of mana.

Also remember the 65k mana number I mentioned is after illumination and libram returns. Even with a SP you were 30k shy of needed mana.

Doesn't change the fact librams are GARBAGE compared to what 6 other classes get to equip in their "ranged slot".

Im sorry but you aren't reading wws correctly.. I had 91 hits and 73 crits thats 164 holy lights over the fight.. (about right for a 5.5 minute fight) thats an additional 5576 mana for that fight. or about 84 mana/5

I agree with all of you in that majority of our librams are total garbage. But absolute truth for a pally who almost exclusively uses holy light (and you will find that most pallys in sunwell do) there is no ranged weapon stats in the game that can compare to 84 mana/5.

Dust,

Off topic slightly, have you tryed down-ranking below rank 9 HL?

One of the common things I see across SW WWS parses, is 50%+ overheal from paladins.

On Kalecgos, rank 9 drops me into 30's.

Think I'll give rank 7 or 8 a try tonite on Twins, see how that fairs.

On Brut, I run a different cycle. Always get a nice timer bar that starts at 5 secs till Stomp. At 3, I cycle up to HL, cast 3 (maybe a 4th) and then back to FoL. Obviously if tank is slashed, I stay with HL.

Hmm, this has lead me off to other ideas... I'll make a seperate thread

Gall,

Absolutely, I usually use rank 7, 9 and 11. If I have a shadowpriest though I can use rank 9 and 11 a lot more. I'm not really concerned about my overheal as long as I am not running out of mana, and really I can't think of any fight at the moment where I do.

I'd love to see some thoughts in another thread ill keep my eyes pealed.

Dust,

Will try rank 7 on Twins tonite, just to see what that does to overheal number. Will post tomorrow.

I would like to see a huge buff to relics i general, would be realy sad if they turn out even worse than most glyphs, it does use a gear slot dammit >.<

With a Shadowpriest, 30% spell crit (120 haste), and a seaspray albatross, I have 0 problems spamming Holy light straight through the 6 minutes of Brutallus...

In fact I find it very very difficult for a pally to be without a SP or at least a shaman on that fight...it is the only fight so far that we're that dependent though but with good reason.

word.
    Angrychaír - 80 Ret Pally
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz+Modan&n=Angrycha%C3%ADr
    Retribution: working as intended.

awesome huh