Pure pve resto spec

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...00000000000000

This is the pure pve raiding/heroic 5man with some solo ability (starlight wrath) and the "omg thats close" button in 5man when our healing pulls aggro since now you can root ppl indoor(nature's grasp & imp nature grasp)

Discuz

Re: Pure pve resto spec

i fail to understand why starlight wrath is better than replenish
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    i fail to understand why starlight wrath is better than replenish
    I dunno about other resto raider but i definitly dont use rejuv often since i need to maintain lifebloom stacks on tanks during boss fight. raid healing wise, a single lifebloom by far is way more efficient than a rejuv.
    maybe replenish will makes ppl start use rank1 rejuv for simply mana regen, but it needs to be test out to see if it worth 3 talent pts.

There's only one pure pve resto specc, and it has always been ALL POINTS IN RESTO! 0/0/71 ftw :P

However, can't remember what that new spell was called that's supposed to "replace" healing touch, and if it really will render healing touch useless, it'll be nerfed before release.

then you reduce yourself to mindless lifebloom spammer. it may generate lots of hps and help with healing tanks but in the end other healers do the job. you should keep rejuv on tanks at least for swiftmend. and on any other player that may get spike damage.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoue
    and if it really will render healing touch useless, it'll be nerfed before release.
    they gonna remove regrowth, lifebloom, rejuvenation, swiftmend, nourish, flourish, altogether?

they gonna remove regrowth, lifebloom, rejuvenation, swiftmend, nourish, flourish, altogether?
    He meant nourish making healing touch useless, as it is now he's right. Healing touch still has a way too long cast time, it's only hope is an amazing glyph I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    He meant nourish making healing touch useless, as it is now he's right. Healing touch still has a way too long cast time, it's only hope is an amazing glyph I guess.
    i know what he meant. but he was talking as if ht was useful so far or even main druid healing spell

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Achel

This is the pure pve raiding/heroic 5man with some solo ability (starlight wrath) and the "omg thats close" button in 5man when our healing pulls aggro since now you can root ppl indoor(nature's grasp & imp nature grasp)

Discuz
    I normally try to remain neutral, but this spec is pretty terrible. How do you justify taking tranq spirit but not bothering with 2 talents for imp tranq? Are you really planning on a HT (which you did not talent) hitting in an emergency situation?

No replenish? Probably one of the best 5 man talents, that on a tank/dps is just extra threat or damage.

If you want a PURE PVE spec you have 56 points in resto that you HAVE to have. The only talent on the bubble is imp tranq as a 4 minute CD on the spell can be VERY useful if there is a lot of AoE (and I assume there will be a lot of AoE dmg, as it seems to be the current trend).

56 points:

Going 71 into resto won't be too bad. I will prolly still skip imp tranq until I see some of the raids, as I relaly think imp thorns is a big talent for PvP with the new stun portion on barkskin.

All that said, if you are going to take tranquil spirit, you might as well spend points in imp tranq, and if you got tranq spirit for the reduced mana on HT, you should at least talent HT as well...

i know what he meant. but he was talking as if ht was useful so far or even main druid healing spell
    If you know what I meant, why make a mindless flaming post about it?

Anyways, healing touch is far from the primary spell for a druid, but it still rules the NS heal, so you should have the 40% increase imo, even if you don't go for the reduction in cast time, since nourish is better for that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    I normally try to remain neutral, but this spec is pretty terrible. How do you justify taking tranq spirit but not bothering with 2 talents for imp tranq? Are you really planning on a HT (which you did not talent) hitting in an emergency situation?

No replenish? Probably one of the best 5 man talents, that on a tank/dps is just extra threat or damage.

If you want a PURE PVE spec you have 56 points in resto that you HAVE to have. The only talent on the bubble is imp tranq as a 4 minute CD on the spell can be VERY useful if there is a lot of AoE (and I assume there will be a lot of AoE dmg, as it seems to be the current trend).

56 points:

Going 71 into resto won't be too bad. I will prolly still skip imp tranq until I see some of the raids, as I relaly think imp thorns is a big talent for PvP with the new stun portion on barkskin.

All that said, if you are going to take tranquil spirit, you might as well spend points in imp tranq, and if you got tranq spirit for the reduced mana on HT, you should at least talent HT as well...
    Well, Tranquil spirit gives 10% less manacost on nourish as well, and I think it'll be used quite a lot

15+ Year Old Account

Well, Tranquil spirit gives 10% less manacost on nourish as well, and I think it'll be used quite a lot
    Nourish
    Rank 1
    600 Mana, 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast

5 talent points for 60 mana? Less when in ToL aura, but choose not to spend 2 talent points to make tranq a 4 minute talent?

Nourish
    Rank 1

5 talent points for 60 mana? Less when in ToL aura, but choose not to spend 2 talent points to make tranq a 4 minute talent?
    Depends a lot on how much you use it, just mentioning it. But all things that lowers manacost should get some extra thoughts now that they implemented Potion Sickness

15+ Year Old Account

Depends a lot on how much you use it, just mentioning it. But all things that lowers manacost should get some extra thoughts now that they implemented Potion Sickness
    They also buffed mana regen, and made things (like totems) raid wide. I have no problem taking the talent, but if you are going to take it you should take the subsequent talents that involve it. 10% mana on one spell for 5 talent points, when you don't even have replenish? If he is going to wase talent points on the balance talents, and has to pick between tranq spirit and replenish, I still say he has made a poor choice.

Nourish
    Rank 1

Yes, i take 5 pts for -60 mana because I can see resto druid will use Nourish for MT healing as a fillter between you refresh lifebloom (well if you can remain cast all healing spell in tree form)

so far I believe tranquility only exists as an "emergency button". tree healer doesn't rely on it due to the incredible large amount of mana it requires. You can't say 5 talent points for 60 mana is useless... it depends on how often you will use Nourish as HoT filler.

you can have 3/3 replenish if you use rejuv pretty often.
    but other than that, i dont think there is anything that worth you to spend into resto tree

I end up using Rejuve quite a lot because what else am I going to do with the free GCDs if I am on MT healing? If I am healing 2 tanks (which is most common) then I have 2 free GCDs per cycle for rejuve or swiftmend or even a regrowth. If I am raid healing, I will LB or Rejuve depening on the mana/threat situation.

With the new talents, I agree it's pretty much going to be x/x/56+ for serious resto/raiding with the above as a baseline. And Rejuve is going to become more attractive to use now. With the reduced GCD on LB/Rejuve and potentially 1 extra second on the cycle with a glyph, you are going to have free GCDs all the time.

I can do LB tank1, LB tank2, Rej tank1, Rej tank2, Nourish, Nourish and still have an extra second left over in the cycle.