Ret pally mana issues solved?

I have been searching high and low but cant find a straight answer.

Based on the following modifiers, will ret pallies have their mana issues solved in wotlk?
    -is judgements on the wise "smart" in any way? and does it need to be in order for pallies to breathe easy?
    -no more chain mana potting
    -since judgements of the wise may not be smart, has anyone tested in a raid to see if the pally gets some mana back regularly?
    -do horde paladins have mana problems with seal of blood? im not sure how much the mana from taking damage helps.
    -is the new evocation good enough to fix all remaining issues?

very interested to know the answer.

Re: Ret pally mana issues solved?

Still in beta...

Theres no "sure" about anything.

Looks like we got very good in PvE. PvP is another role.

Some days ago they just changed The Art of War to a PvP talent...

saying "still in beta" isnt really an answer. yes i know anything can change in beta blah blah blah. these forums are about the beta, so if every thread consisted of "well its still the beta" then these forums wouldn't be very useful, now would they?

I am talking strictly PvE here, thanks for reminding me to clarify.

Right now JOTW returns 60% mana only to the ret pally, not group members. Once it gets fixes I'll let everyone know -- although by then the opt-in invites should be out.

Edit // The new evocation isn't that great for ret pallies. It returns a static 50% -- much nicer for a holy (with intellect) build. Still not too bad though, especially since haste affects it. Also, can't chain pot right now anyways because of potion sickness.

ikillbigppl

as it looks now yes ret pallys are doing prity good with mana... from what i hear beffor jotw broke it would give mana to the pally and 2 party / raid members of wich it would pick the person with the lest mana % meaing a player with 1,000 out of 10,000 mana left would get it beffor a person with 900 out of 8,000 mana.. if that makes sence. pritymuch gives it to the ppl who have the lowest % of mana left based on there total mana

Quote Originally Posted by ShallowJam

Based on the following modifiers, will ret pallies have their mana issues solved in wotlk?
    -is judgements on the wise "smart" in any way? and does it need to be in order for pallies to breathe easy?
    -since judgements of the wise may not be smart, has anyone tested in a raid to see if the pally gets some mana back regularly?
    -do horde paladins have mana problems with seal of blood? im not sure how much the mana from taking damage helps.

* Smart in the way that it will always take you as one of the 3 targets and 2 others with lowest current mana.
    * Nope, no more gold sink.
    * As said, Paladin is always one of those
    * Less, but it's not really usable in healing-intensive and AoE fights. JotW should fix mana problems for a great deal anyway.
    * No idea.

Rawberry can provide more accurate information though, but that's the info he has posted in previous threads iirc.

As an addition to Guran's info:

- Yep. It the Paladin (you) is always one of the targets and it targets the people with the lowest % of mana (based on their total mana pool).

- Nope, but the Retribution Paladin really does not need them anymore.

- It is still unclear if raid mana has been solved, but it should be.

- Seal of Blood is now not Horde only anymore - see Seal of the Martyr. But Seal of Blood definatly helps with your mana regeneration.

- As I said before it's still unclear how our mana regeneration will handle in raid instances, but it's looking pretty good overall.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

thanks for the info, now my questions are answered.

now the question is...

Ret pally or Death knight for WotLK? ???

thanks for the info, now my questions are answered.

now the question is...

Ret pally or Death knight for WotLK? ???
    Mmmm Both ;D
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

So just checking here, does judgement of wisdom no longer place the judgement debuff on the target that allows mana back on hit/spellcast? If so this seems like it would cause alot of mana issues for certain classes that relied on it when you include the whole no more chain potting.

To put judgement of wisdom on, use "Judgement of Wisdom" =P. It doesn't matter what seal you use.

Also, how do you guys have info on the mechanics of JOTW when its broken currently? Did some blues say that somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianna
    To put judgement of wisdom on, use "Judgement of Wisdom" =P. It doesn't matter what seal you use.

Also, how do you guys have info on the mechanics of JOTW when its broken currently? Did some blues say that somewhere?
    ZE *Looks around suspiciously* ALPHAS!

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    ZE *Looks around suspiciously* ALPHAS!
    Ahh, I wasn't sure it ever worked . Nice to know the mechanics behind it -- will be amazing once its fixed =].