Poll: will tanking be harder or easyer in wrath

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    ikillbigppl

Do you think tanking will be easyer or harder in wrath for Paladins?

im wondering if pally tanking will be easyer in wrath because of the new single target tanking that we are geting.

curantly how things stand in wrath what are your opinions? what might they add or fix to make it easyer in wrath?

any comments or concerns on this topic as i havnt see any posts like this other than ppl talking about not needing spell dmg as much... so what do u all think?

Re: do all u paladins out there think tanking will be easyer or harder in wrath

Easier due to improved single-target threat, and added avoidance.

Also, it's "easier", but that's not a biggie ^_^

Diffirent, but not necessarily harder imo.

Crushing blows get removed.
    But you'll still get huge hits.

ikillbigppl

idk to me it looks like they are trying to push pallys into more a single target tanker that CAN tank groups if needed. making pallys more wanted in raids with single mob tanking rathe than being only taken on raids like hyjall and za. imo this is a good thing because we will be more wanted ;D

Khody

It'll be a different rotation then it is now but I don't really see it as being harder ability wise.

Us being able to stack stam rather then threat will be nice but who knows how hard the bosses will be hitting for.

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    It'll be a different rotation then it is now but I don't really see it as being harder ability wise.

Us being able to stack stam rather then threat will be nice but who knows how hard the bosses will be hitting for.

i saw a vid some were on youtube i think i forgot to put on my pally youtube vid post... but it had a boss hit for 17k dmg on a well geard tank. now idk if that was a glich or somthing they just hit for. i dont see that being a hit that will go live however. but it gives a glimps of what bosses will hit for in wrath

Khody

Re: Do you think tanking will be easyer or harder in wrath for Paladins?

That could have been for multiple reasons though.

You could easily get hit for that ammount in TBC raids.

It's not like it's a one shot of a really geared tank.

- No more need for stacking an insane amount of different, hard to get in the first place stats.

- Viable single target threat generation.

- More AOE threat generation.

- Mana will be less of an issue. While mana is not a problem in 25-man raid instances I often find myself oom in 5 or 10-man instances.

Ahm. Easier by a mile.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

EASIER

+ much better single target threat
    + same good aoe threat
    + less mana issues with high end gear in 5-mans/heroics
    + more block value (which wasnt possible to get with pally gear in TBC)
    + gem stamina and get free spell dmg
    + "Thunder Clap" talent for hard hitting single target bosses

- lost 3% hit with the removal of Precision talent (but with more warrior gear it's easily fixed)

Prot paladins got loads of buffs, prot paladins will have be much more viable as MT in 25mans with wotlk but still have the awesome aoe tanking.

Sure you'll have better single target threat, but everyone else will be doing a shedload more damage and therefore more threat, so I guess it will be about the same, if it's any different, blizz will have done a cackhanded job in balancing the game :P

My guess is easier, but I'll never tell the tank that his job is easy :P

He's kind of important

15+ Year Old Account

Alot easier with all the new talents and now Righteous Defense got changed to no mana best part stack stam get spellpower.

ikillbigppl

yah the spell dmg out of stamina is going to be a prity cool change for paladins.. at least for prot

15+ Year Old Account

Its 30% but its not Op lolz so its kinda cool but they will have about 800 stam i am not sure just pulling a number lets say then 800*.3 is only 240 spellpower so its really not that high cuz alot of items will have about that at 80 i think lolz.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I have been playing the Beta on my Tankadin, and with all the buffs, and even in WotLK gear, tanking is by far easier than it is in TBC.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Zerobeast
    Its 30% but its not Op lolz so its kinda cool but they will have about 800 stam i am not sure just pulling a number lets say then 800*.3 is only 240 spellpower so its really not that high cuz alot of items will have about that at 80 i think lolz.
    My paladin alt has 914 stamina atm and he only got about 5-6 KZ epics.
    A full BT/MH+ paladin will have over 1000 stamina, thats 300 free spellpower and all dmg spells will get additional dmg from ATP also
    At lv 80 we will get crazy high stamina due to we no longer need the int, spell power (and more).
    So allot of the item lv can be distributed into sta, str, etc.

But only time will tell

ikillbigppl

yah looking at pally tanks in bt / sunwell gear they tend to have 1,400-1,500 stam. looking at just some of the gear coming out in wrath it looks like prot pallys can look at or more than 2000 stam. i wouldnt be supprised if they had 25k hp in wrath.

Grimgrin

It will remain the same or harder....you may think it feels easier now but dungeons and raids are not being polished off or really concentrated right now as they are still working on class skills and ranks. Once they get to doing the raids as they intend them to be it may (or may not be a different situation).

I think that 10 mans will be easier/the same and 25 mans will be the same/harder however.

Also certain talents and skills (mainly healing) suggest to me that raid bosses are gonna hit like trucks and hvae massive AoE damage (prolly the reason for Dks getting magic resist "auras" and anti magic fields). But the Shamans Spirit Link in Resto would only be a decent talent if Raid bosses hit for more, and I can`t imagine that all Blizz would do is Scale raid boss damage up. So everyone needs to keep in mind that as tank abilities are scaled up so too will raid difficulties.

Grimgrin

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Diffirent, but not necessarily harder imo.
    actually this sums up my opinion of it better :O

Guran must be a mind reader.