Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blue Posts on Agility/base crit, OOC change, Haste and Range Bug

Druid forums blue posts:

On Agi Nerf:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To help deal with this issue, in the next data push, Druids should find their melee critical strike chance is about 5% higher.

The conversion of agility to critical strike chance remains the same 40:1 at level 70, but the base amount for 0 agility has been increased by 5%.
    Lots on Omen of Clarity and even Feral PvP/Range Bug (yes, they are actually acknowledging that Ferals have a problem!)
    In the next data push, you will find Omen of Clarity has been changed a bit. The 10 second cooldown has been removed, the procs per minute has been raised from 2 to 3.5, and melee abilities no longer trigger it. Spell interaction with Omen of Clarity remains relatively unchanged, with its hidden chance to trigger off spells reduced by half (and rolling the dice about 2x as often).

What this means is that more auto-attacks landing on the target will increase the benefit from Omen of Clarity. Haste, increased hit chance, and expertise will all make Omen of Clarity better.

We are aware of the concerns with reaching the hit rating cap, and will make sure Druids can pick up Rogue items to wear without exceeding that cap. This means Rogues will likely socket for hit, while Druids socket for Strength or Agility.

Before LK goes live, we will do extensive testing on how much damage classes do, and will increase or decrease their power as appropriate to meet our targets. Cat raid DPS suffered relative to other melee in BC for lack of an Combat Potency equivalent talent (OOC should now be roughly equal), for lack of a scaling finishing move (Savage Roar answers that), for lack of benefitting from Windfury Totem, and for lack of weapon procs (+35 agility != Mongoose). All of those lacks have been addressed. In addition, a change has been made to make the agility rebalance less severe (as I posted in another thread).

In PvP, we are adding many tools to the Feral Druid arsenal, including the redesigned Maim, Infected Wounds, King of the Jungle, and Berserk. We have also made some improvements to the "range bug". Attacks that require you to be behind a target will no longer be able to be parried, nor able to be dodged by a player. Our movement engine will now smoothly interpolate positions of moving units, preventing the "Out of range/You must be behind your target/Out of range/You must be behind your target/Out of range/You must be behind your target..." sequence from occuring any more. In addition, being able to apply a snare makes the Feral Druid able to slow down their target and lessen the severity of the "range bug". Yes, there are still issues with the model, especially when switching into and out of cat form, but many of the issues are being dealt with.

Druids are not being ignored; this forum is being read daily by developers.
    Non-blue theorycraft about this, confirmed by Jimmythenumbers in the next post:
    With no cooldown and a 3.5 procs per minute, what this really means is that your melee attacks have a 5.83% (3.5/60) chance of proccing omen of clarity. Capping hit and having expertise makes sure you don't fail to land attacks that might have been hits that proc omen of clarity, and haste means you land more attacks per minute.

PPM isn't a mechanic where its only possible to have it proc 3.5 times a minute, it means it'll do that on average.

If you get to 10% haste and land 66 attacks in a minute instead of 60, you now will have 3.85 procs per minute on average.
    Means being hit/expertise-capped will still be useful, and Haste has a greater impact on Feral DPS, at least more of that "nice to have" feeling, since Agility will probably still be superior (once hitcapped)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Re: Blue Posts on Agility/base crit, OOC change, Haste and Range Bug

Those are great changes for ferals i hope they will be live in LK and i can respec to feral from resto once again.

I will keep an eye on all changes here , its good to know devs don't abandon druids completly.

15+ Year Old Account

There are no comments on this thread because every single feral druid is in shock. In ONE single blue post the Feral range bug, PvE DPS effectiveness, and PvP viability were ALL not only addressed, but actually proposed solutions!

This is all great news WotLK is looking food for all 4 druid specs (I consider tanking and kitty DPS to be seperate at this point, just like the other tanking classes have to).

"The conversion of agility to critical strike chance remains the same 40:1 at level 70, but the base amount for 0 agility has been increased by 5%."

sry but i still dont get what that means!! can anyone pls explain to me >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    "The conversion of agility to critical strike chance remains the same 40:1 at level 70, but the base amount for 0 agility has been increased by 5%."

sry but i still dont get what that means!! can anyone pls explain to me >.<
    Well I think it means that when you will have 5% as a base (having 0 agility). So you will have 5% crit + Agility conversion.

Before LK goes live, we will do extensive testing on how much damage classes do, and will increase or decrease their power as appropriate to meet our targets.

Looks promising for all classes really, let's hope they'll actually do this.

I just creamed my pants....

Quote Originally Posted by Eilt
    There are no comments on this thread because every single feral druid is in shock. In ONE single blue post the Feral range bug, PvE DPS effectiveness, and PvP viability were ALL not only addressed, but actually proposed solutions!

This is all great news WotLK is looking food for all 4 druid specs (I consider tanking and kitty DPS to be seperate at this point, just like the other tanking classes have to).
    Hmm I thought there were no comments since almost all ferals rerolled already.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by malh
    Well I think it means that when you will have 5% as a base (having 0 agility). So you will have 5% crit + Agility conversion.
    From my understanding, what the blue post meant was that if you have 0 agility, then it will go up by 5% in comparison to our crit chance with 0 agility at level 70.
    The poster said "The conversion of agility to critical strike chance remains the same 40:1 at level 70, but the base amount for 0 agility has been increased by 5%."
    The base crit chance isn't being SET to 5%, it's being INCREASED by 5%.
    Thats the way I see it.

imagine a kitty druid with lots of haste attacking your healer ... push back ftl
    It's just a game.

Before LK goes live, we will do extensive testing on how much damage classes do, and will increase or decrease their power as appropriate to meet our targets.
    I wonder what the targets are, and where feral druids fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    imagine a kitty druid with lots of haste attacking your healer ... push back ftl
    Well that will be less pushback than a rogue or other dualwielder (at least those with fast offhand specs) under the same haste. We are not dual wielding, only using a single 1.0 weapon.

Can someone explain me, what is that "agility nerf" the original poster talks of ?

I don't get all blue post said about the OOC changes. Was the old OOC not affecting white melee, only yellow ? Or both ? They decided spellcast didn't benefit enough from OOC ? What was the issue with OOC they tried to cover ? they lost me.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't get all blue post said about the OOC changes. Was the old OOC not affecting white melee, only yellow ? Or both ? They decided spellcast didn't benefit enough from OOC ? What was the issue with OOC they tried to cover ? they lost me.
    They are saying that the hidden cooldown is no longer incured by melee attacks, so only casting spells has a hidden cooldown for OOC. They are basically making it better for feral druids, as casters never took the ability, so to stay true to its intent, it is still better for ferals, but now it is just useful for casters.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gronyon
    Can someone explain me, what is that "agility nerf" the original poster talks of ?

The original Agi:1% Crit ratio was 25 agility, it will now be 40 agility for 1% crit. So, we need 15 more agility or 60% more agility in order to get 1% crit. For many Druids this was resulting in a 6 - 13% crit reduction on Live versus WoTLK Beta. To help with it, they're giving us an additional 5% BASE crit to offset it where people will only be losing 1 - 8% crit. It was a pretty big nerf.

As for OOC, it will now proc off your white swings only with an increased proc chance. As your scale the effectiveness of your white attacks with +hit and +haste, OOC will scale with it now that there is no longer a CD to offset these benefits. So, first you want to make sure you're hit capped and then haste will become a much more important stat causing your OOC to proc a lot more. This is scalability to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    Hmm I thought there were no comments since almost all ferals rerolled already.
    Those guys (including you) apparently didn't play Feral before BC, or druid at all :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Those guys (including you) apparently didn't play Feral before BC, or druid at all :P
    Sometimes I still break out my Claw to see how much damage it does compared to Mangle just to remind me of those days.

It's quite sad to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk
    Sometimes I still break out my Claw to see how much damage it does compared to Mangle just to remind me of those days.

It's quite sad to say the least.
    But at least you know that it was an improvement.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    But at least you know that it was an improvement.
    For sure.

Just today, I sat and thought, what if Blizzard makes it where Rogue itemization is completely shared and we never see Str, additional Armor, or Intellect on any of our gear basically killing our superior mitigation and making it where we can shift less than a handful of times before we're completely OOM in PvP?

Yeap, I'd still play, because I'm sure a heck of a lot better off than I was back at Level 60 forced to do PvP/BGs because nobody would even take me to a raid as a Feral. Though, I must admit it is kinda sad that I have to justify possible nerfs in functionality for the sake of scalability with Feral Druids back at Level 60 just to keep myself from saying, "F@%K this".

It appears Blizzard has decided to completely reverse us from higher functionality, poorer scalability to higher scalability, poorer functionality. I mean, I'm fine with the talents realistically, it's not bloated to the point of saying, "There's no way to make a build that's going to work properly." I'm just really worried about merged Rogue itemization at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Bears will still be the tanks with the highest armor by far (we haven't seen 80s gear yet) and also quite sure that there will be quest rewards with Str, and later the Tier/Token gear. Maybe not so much in instances or even Boss non-Tier loot (except necks/rings/cloaks, say stuff shared with warriors/rets/enhancers) but we will still have a lot of Str at 80, I think.

Not really that far off from what it is now, most of the stuff useful for us is AP gear, even Token gear.