considering tradeskill change in anticipation, need feedback

Hi,

First time poster here, and wanted some positive feedback from the player community regarding my Shaman. Ive got a 70 Druid (LW/Skin) and a 70 Shaman (Mine/Skin). I am very pleased with the new shaman stuff comming down the pike and wanted to consider a crafting profession for my Shaman.

Even though I currently have a Leatherworker, I still run into problems with alts that could benefit from the skill. BoP crafted items that rock hard, and of course Drums, even with the Drum nerf, its still a nice little extra for the tradeskill. Plus the Crit bonus from skinning will surely benefit an enhancement shaman. So I was thinking of dropping mining and going LW/Skin for both of these alts, but with a twist, and this is where I was looking for feedback.

1st, Looked up a profession leveling guide to determine the required mats to level up LW from 1 to 375. (Done)
    2nd, Farm those up between now and WOTLK, stick them on my bank alt. (Already Started)
    3rd, When WOTLK comes out I would still have my shamans current professions (Mine/Skin) to make some mad cash selling ore to pimp engineers/blacksmiths/jewelcrafters.
    4th, Save all that skined stuff from level grinded. go from 1 to 450 once I get a feel for the Leatherworking profession after release.

So what do you guys think of that little plan?

I like the new inscribing stuff, but everyone will own that come Day 1 so why jump on the bandwaggon.
    Enchanting is another possibliity but just getting ring enchants as the extra incentive doesnt seem to draw me in.
    Blacksmitthing never seemed to really benefit Mail wearing classes much.
    If I had Herbalism as one of the current two, Id consider herb/alch but I dont like the time sink to level up 2 tradeskills.
    And engineering, well thats my other course of action for my 4 step plan if I see a show stopper when the gear comes out.

Re: considering tradeskill change in anticipation, need feedback

Look at all the coming "end-game" BoP items, bonuses, etc. Decide what best suits your playstyle. Mining and the 35 stam bonus? Skinning and Crit? I hope herbalism gets something. Inscription gets an extra glyph. Decide what best suits you and go for it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

My guess is that Herb will get Spell Dam or MP5.

Quote Originally Posted by Gojant
    Hi,

First time poster here, and wanted some positive feedback from the player community regarding my Shaman. Ive got a 70 Druid (LW/Skin) and a 70 Shaman (Mine/Skin). I am very pleased with the new shaman stuff comming down the pike and wanted to consider a crafting profession for my Shaman.

Even though I currently have a Leatherworker, I still run into problems with alts that could benefit from the skill. BoP crafted items that rock hard, and of course Drums, even with the Drum nerf, its still a nice little extra for the tradeskill. Plus the Crit bonus from skinning will surely benefit an enhancement shaman. So I was thinking of dropping mining and going LW/Skin for both of these alts, but with a twist, and this is where I was looking for feedback.

1st, Looked up a profession leveling guide to determine the required mats to level up LW from 1 to 375. (Done)
    2nd, Farm those up between now and WOTLK, stick them on my bank alt. (Already Started)
    3rd, When WOTLK comes out I would still have my shamans current professions (Mine/Skin) to make some mad cash selling ore to pimp engineers/blacksmiths/jewelcrafters.
    4th, Save all that skined stuff from level grinded. go from 1 to 450 once I get a feel for the Leatherworking profession after release.

So what do you guys think of that little plan?

I like the new inscribing stuff, but everyone will own that come Day 1 so why jump on the bandwaggon.
    Enchanting is another possibliity but just getting ring enchants as the extra incentive doesnt seem to draw me in.
    Blacksmitthing never seemed to really benefit Mail wearing classes much.
    If I had Herbalism as one of the current two, Id consider herb/alch but I dont like the time sink to level up 2 tradeskills.
    And engineering, well thats my other course of action for my 4 step plan if I see a show stopper when the gear comes out.
    makes sense imo. especially with bop LW leg armors. i think it might be best solution for enha shammie. altho im not sure if enchanting or jc wouldnt give more bonuses than crit rating from skinning
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Groznar
    My guess is that Herb will get Spell Dam or MP5.
    this would be purely caster profession and many classes would get nothing from it. i would rather expect haste rating as someone said alrdy
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Skinning Crit to keep flurry up,
    LW Drums and BoP Leather and Mail for Enhancement Shaman

Both those where why I could seriously consider having two characters with the same tradeskills. I just wanted feedback from other people if I was missing something or should consider something stronger for the class/spec I enjoy.

Hello everyone, i would like to tag along with the original poster, because i have a similar question. I am in the same situation, trying to figure out what i could maybe change around with my characters and their professions leading up to WoWLK and beyond. This is my current set up:

70 Hunter 375 LW and 375 JC
    70 Warlock 375 Alchemy 375 Mining
    62 Shaman 375 Herbalism 365 Skinning
    40 Mage 300 Tailoring 285 Enchanting
    25 Druid Herbalism and Mining
    ?? Death Knight Blacksmith Skinning

I do not want to change my 70's professions i think they will be very helpful. I was thinking about dropping skinning once i hit 70 and saving that spot for inscriptions on my Shaman. Then take my druid and drop herbs and pick up Eng. I also plan on leveling a Death Knight and giving him Blacksmithing (weaponsmith) and a gathering profession (skinning) to make up for the loss of skinning on my Shaman,and it is an easy profession to powerlevel. I guess my big question is what class will "gain" the most from the inscriptions, and does it seem like there will be weapons that will make it "worthwhile" to level Blacksmithing for my Death Knight.

Also anyone on Beta able to inform us on what mats are best to stockpile for inscriptions, i noticed it seems very similar to JC, in that you can "crush" herbs and make something from them but i was wondering if any more light could be shed on that situation.

Thank you in advance for your feedback and information.

-Fuzzyslipers (70 Hunter of Dalaran)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyslipers

Also anyone on Beta able to inform us on what mats are best to stockpile for inscriptions, i noticed it seems very similar to JC, in that you can "crush" herbs and make something from them but i was wondering if any more light could be shed on that situation.
    It will be quite a while before a powerlevel guide will be made.
    I suggest you do like me: try to farm 3 stacks of every "normal" herb ingame. I'll try to get a few more for the lvl 60 and 70 herbs tho.