why 2 minutes on seals?

what's so special about 2 minutes, why not 5, 10, 15 or even 30 minutes?

i used to play shaman when you had to rebuff your wep every 5 mins, and now they get it to last 30 mins so how long will it be when paladin get the same

*and since pala has to spend 3 talent points to not get theres dispelled aswell far deep in ret

Re: why 2 minutes on seals?

meh, its better than 30 sec, and warriors use shouts every 2 min. who cares =/

i just wish that they would change benediction accordingly... kinda lack luster now.

blessing used to be 5/15 minute buffs 2 min seals will be great for a holy pally with the haste and what not.

The change allows for the Paladin to be much more "flexible" and able to adapt to what is going on around them without having to worry about "babysitting", waiting for your seal to "almost expire" in order to refresh it; you now get to "click it and forget it" a bit longer, allowing more interaction with your game surroundings and encounters.

The fact that the seal isn't removed upon judgement and has to be "re-applied" is a huge change to the way paladins will play; increasing the seal's buff duration is most welcomed, and makes "sense" with the change.

I do agree, however, that the duration could be further increased. If you compare the mana cost to imbue 1-2 weapons with a shaman buff vs. the mana cost of what a seal costs to cast, there is no reason why the buff's duration shouldn't last longer -- if you wanted it to. The thing about a paladin's seals, however, is that they are situational, while a shaman's weapon buffs really aren't. You pretty much run with the same weapon imbues, depending on what you are doing (PvE, PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by beanchild
    blessing used to be 5/15 minute buffs 2 min seals will be great for a holy pally with the haste and what not.
    Do you remember blessing 40 players in Molten Core back when we had 5 minutes buffs? I sure do.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

ikillbigppl

2 min on seals with them not going away every time u judge will give paladins more on demand burst without having to take global cd times and re-sealing every 10 seconds.. efectivly lowing mana chost dramaticly

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Do you remember blessing 40 players in Molten Core back when we had 5 minutes buffs? I sure do.
    BuffAhoy for the win! ;D

molten core omfg , as pallys were really just buffbots , the hardest time in my life i tell you !

2 mins is great dont know what to complain , atm is 30 secs with rebuffing every 8 secs after judgment making you oom in no time

If they make it more than 2 mins then you can be sure they'll also increase the mana cost. Like an earlier poster said, seals are situational and you may find that you want to swap seals depending on the fight or stage of the fight. 2 mins is more than enough time to get what you need out of a seal. And yes, pally buffing in old 40 mans was awesome.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I would personally welcome the 2 min buff on seals. Since the seal is no longer expended when judged, no longer shall we have to mash our seal keys or make fun macros. =)

Well, we'll get to make fun macros, but of a different flavor now!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

some of the changes in beta seem more logical than the way things are now and could easily be patched into game already

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    what's so special about 2 minutes, why not 5, 10, 15 or even 30 minutes?

i used to play shaman when you had to rebuff your wep every 5 mins, and now they get it to last 30 mins so how long will it be when paladin get the same

*and since pala has to spend 3 talent points to not get theres dispelled aswell far deep in ret
    I would rather 5/10/15/30 minutes.... but am happy its going to be more than 30 seconds

Just like when we got longer blessings (thank GOD). Its a buff as long as the time is INCREASED.