Forbearance and Bubble

Aight... so divine protection reduces dmg taken by 50% What about divine shield? Is it lumped with that, or still full immunity? Combined with the prot talent divine guardian could be good or bad. On a heavy hitting boss, a pally could bubble and be immune to all extra dmg while helping the tank. On the other side, the pally could just... die.

Forbearance moved to 3 min O_O Aight, fine, w/e. BUT ret has the talent to reduce wings to 2 min CD, but does not mention reducing forbearance by anything, making the CD reduction worthless. Also, i may have just missed this in the posts on mmo, but looked at the new wings, and it was nerfed to 20%, but buffed to include increased healing. Could be interesting, but forbearance atm is a problem with santified wrath.

Re: Forbearance and Bubble

Avenging Wrath no longer causes Forberance.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=31884

Indeed, it took me less than 5 minutes to find this:

Paladin

* Avenging Wrath no longer causes Forebearance, damage increase reduced to 20%, now increases healing done by 20%.
    (http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=10360.0)

Also: Divine Protection is acting like a Shield wall for the Protection Paladin. Divine Shield is unchanged. It is 100% immunity, however Divine Protection is just a flat 50% damage reduction (plus slowing your own attacks), the main point is that it does not stop the enemy attacking you. (good thing!)

aight, all makes sense then. ty =D

quick question will divine protection cause forbearance. ??

Quote Originally Posted by psychosis - Earthern Ring
    quick question will divine protection cause forbearance. ??
    Yes it does. But Forbearance is well worth a shield wall type effect ^^

I hope they don't change divine sheild, or.. or NO BUBBLE HEARTH :'( :'( :'(
    Op is a myth.

15+ Year Old Account

I think that having it at 3 mins really is fine due to the cooldowns of the bubs imo i really cant find a bad reason for having it at 3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    For prot paladins yes and the haste got changed if you read the beta builds it is now 100% haste reduction. They don't want to see Ret paladins running around with AW and Divine Protection at the same time. Priest would have to cast 2x as much and frankly if Blizzard allowed that most of my points i have made would be all voided.
    I'm on the beta and it's still 50% decreased attack speed, not the 100% you say. Divine Shield is 100% haste reduction not Divine Protection.

that is a Typo as the new build is already out and it's definitely still a 50% reduction to attacks. Might get changed in the future, but as it stands now, it is a 50% haste reduction.

I think the whole 3 minutes forbearance thing is actually not that bad in light of us getting a change to divine protection which up until now was completely worthless. And I'm going to assume that now Divine shield and divine protection are on separate cooldowns? Or that would render the increase to 3 minutes on forbearance kinda pointless.

And as for the whole avenging wrath + divine protection thing,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    They don't want to see Ret paladins running around with AW and Divine Protection at the same time. Priest would have to cast 2x as much and frankly if Blizzard allowed that most of my points i have made would be all voided.
    that's all fine and dandy, but what's preventing them from running around with Avenging Wrath and divine shield at the same time? Huh? Oh, that's right, nothing :-)