Will retri pally get a dps buff or not???

hi i am currently leveling a retri pally for Wotlk and tho some may be jackass's about it and post silly humour i was wondering do any seriosu people actually know if the retri paladin will be a viable raid dpser in wotlk, i know they will not be as good as the others but are the days of the retri pally raiders coming?? any info would be nice, thanks

Re: Will retri pally get a dps buff or not???

They are good dps already and bring good utility currently ( 3% more crit & 2% more damage for group )
    In wotlk, they are getting buffed greatly.

Have you checked the Retribution Pally page on this site yet?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=612

Has the skills/talents/talent calculator for WotLK.

Most people are liking the changes for the most part, so you should be ok :P

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ
    Have you checked the Retribution Pally page on this site yet?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=612

Has the skills/talents/talent calculator for WotLK.

Most people are liking the changes for the most part, so you should be ok :P
    well hes asking if they are going to be ok dps in WOTLK ,as in hes requesting some theorycrafting of some sort for feedback

Yes.

Simple and short answer.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by xano880
    well hes asking if they are going to be ok dps in WOTLK ,as in hes requesting some theorycrafting of some sort for feedback
    Guess it depends on what "ok" means. Does he mean Rogue/Mage/Warlock ok, or better than currently? I guess better than currently...

My understanding is it will be better than currently

ikillbigppl

Yes retribution paladins in wrath of the lich king are going to be very good raid dps. If u would like to see some videos on the subject please go to my post (WotLK YouTube videos) stickyed at the top of this forums. ;D

beta testers are saying they will be up there with all the other dps. not the best but not nearly as bad as now...

But are they gonna be able to do maximum DPS without taking 10 man pot per boss fight ???
    We all know the big problem with ret pally is the mana regeneration >

there is a new debuff called potion sickness. this debuff prevents you from taking more than one potion per fight. so no, you wont be taking 10 per fight.

it seems that the mana issues are solved. seal of blood, evocation type ability, judgements of the wise being "smart", and the new judgement for wisdom.

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirote
    But are they gonna be able to do maximum DPS without taking 10 man pot per boss fight ???
    We all know the big problem with ret pally is the mana regeneration >

There is a new talent in ret called judgment of the wise. it gives 60% of the damage u deal with judgments back as mana. And because all judgments give damage now that means that your mana problems will probably go away.

As for the damage per second part. From the videos I have seen and posted on my thread ret paladins are going to be more than capable of really good dps self buffed

Quote Originally Posted by RileyJ
    Guess it depends on what "ok" means. Does he mean Rogue/Mage/Warlock ok, or better than currently? I guess better than currently...

My understanding is it will be better than currently
    err yes : thats kinda what i meant xD