they won't take us down... they CAN'T take us down - Arms, more then just PvP

windfury changed..

good change? bad change?
    i don't know, i doubt much will change

internal cooldown on our sword proc? much needed? i don't think so

if they really want to reduce our burst.. at least increase the proc chance to make it slightly more reliable

tempting talents to take us away from our beloved slam? i don't think so, they only made us stronger by keeping slam where it is and giving us silly pvp talents at the top of our talent tree

presenting
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12050000000000

3 of the probably most powerful talents coming together, finally

endless rage, flurry and improved slam

i'm aware that endless rage is being frowned upon, but i can tell you, endless rage + imp slam + flurry.. that will surely work out as an amazing pve dps spec

to hell with pvp, arms can do more then that

threat reduction?

hah! that's just beating a dead dog.. tanks are having their threat scaled up, we don't need no stinking threat reduction talents..

we did fine pre-TBC,we're doing fine now, we'll do fine in WotLK!

Re: they won't take us down... they CAN'T take us down - Arms, more then just PvP

as a pve dps spec, this is passable, although nothing new that most of us could not have figured out.

as for pvp, well quite frankly its crap, no Imp.Intercept, no Second Wind and No Imp.Hamstring.

Personally im quite annoyed that we wont be able to spec to Bull Rush tier as we will lose Weapon Mastery, Death Wish and Flurry.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: they won't take us down... they CAN'T take us down - Arms, more then just PvP

Could be a very usefull spec in PvE. Should provide the needed dmg indeed. Not much of a pvp spec tho, but u wanted it to be a PvE one, so i can accept it^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by való
    as a pve dps spec, this is passable, although nothing new that most of us could not have figured out.

as for pvp, well quite frankly its crap, no Imp.Intercept, no Second Wind and No Imp.Hamstring.

Personally im quite annoyed that we wont be able to spec to Bull Rush tier as we will lose Weapon Mastery, Death Wish and Flurry.
    You are most right there. But what about this? http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12000000000000
    Is it too weak? or plosible?

if you raiding as arms dps ( i did at the times i raided ( well apart from offtanking blabla )

and you do not have flurry at 70th lvl. you dont deserve to raid..

year ago while doing vasjh and such.. i was always in top 5 dps list

Re: they won't take us down... they CAN'T take us down - Arms, more then just Pv

hmm, interesting point, the second suggested spec would allow a bit more decency in pvp, but isnt really as viable for PvE as it has no imp slam... u just CANT have your cake and eat it with warriors: targets are rarely immobile (and if they are, they catch onto you slam-spamming pretty quickly) meaning 2 points in imp slam isnt good for pvp, but is pretty much vital for PvE as u dont wanna be using high threat abilities like HS all the time

Both builds also have no stance mastery... vital for warriors, 1 point minimum usually, bcs then you can rig the macro for spell reflection, one click and you stance dance, equip a shield, cast bloodrage and get the spell reflection buff... its always nice to see the indignation on a shaman's face as their chain lightning powns their own team... and yes, you can SEE the indignation
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by való

no point, it's a pve dps spec

stance mastery is pretty much useless in PvE, overpower has a 5 rage cost, so that 10 rage is enough, as for slam, you will always have enough rage after a hit to add a slam behind it

i never intended it to be PvP viable, it's intended for 2handed combat, not a pve/pvp hybrid spec

Overpower is pretty wasted in a Arms build, you lose too much damage by stance-switching (and breaking your rotations) plus it's not that hard to Expertise cap, and it's likely that'll be true in WotLK too.

It's worth picking up Bloodletting because Rend is going to be useable in Berserker Stance and do a hell of a lot more damage than it does now, plus Bloodbath looks amazing.

My Arms build is going to look like this, except everything is supposed to change soon anyway with the talents.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

15+ Year Old Account

Is that ur PvP or PvE spec RPZip? Guessing that its ur pve since its all based on dmg in there, and no Second Wind etc.

Perfect spec for a pve spec tbh. But maybe u should put those 3pts into Imp Heroic Strike? Saves alot of rage on a boss tbh. And I know alot of tanks that spec into imp Thunder Clap anyways

EDIT: Just noticed, why not Sudden Death? It'll be a nice dmg burst on bosses

Or specc fury eh? eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Or specc fury eh? eh?
    The point of the thread is to spec in arms lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan
    Is that ur PvP or PvE spec RPZip? Guessing that its ur pve since its all based on dmg in there, and no Second Wind etc.

Perfect spec for a pve spec tbh. But maybe u should put those 3pts into Imp Heroic Strike? Saves alot of rage on a boss tbh. And I know alot of tanks that spec into imp Thunder Clap anyways

EDIT: Just noticed, why not Sudden Death? It'll be a nice dmg burst on bosses
    That's for PvE. You really shouldn't be using HS on bosses as Arms unless you're full on Rage, which is not terribly likely even with ER after the WF change. Still, if you never OT then it'd be worth picking up I suppose; you should never be TCing as Arms other than as an emergency backup or if the tank isn't a Warrior, but even then with the new Protadin/Druid talents I guess it's probably not needed.

As for Sudden Death, it doesn't proc much and frankly when it does it kind of sucks. Execute with a 2H is not very good, and it breaks your damage rotation just as much as stance-swapping does (more so, actually). You'd be better off just continuing your normal rotation.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Re: they won't take us down... they CAN'T take us down - Arms, more then just Pv

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LhG...czrboZVV0VMgoV

Might need a bit of work on early Arms, not sure how AoE damage/stun will work out in WLK

there are 3 things you need to remember when dealing with PVE builds

1) Raid buffs

2) Aggro control

3) and doing your job (DPS in this case)

the OP's build was ok on raid buffs, might want to consider imp Demo Shout if its only you and 1 warrior tank in your raid/group. also we would need to see if the Trauma talent is worth it or not.

with no salvation from pallies anymore, you're going to have to watch your aggro big time if you don't put any talent points into it, even with tanks having more aggro in WotLK. unless you suck, then you won't be doing enough damage to pull aggro anyway.

also, you have to remember to only put points into talents you can use in berserker stance (overpower = bad for raiding).

also may want to play with a spec similar to this, changing the weapon specialization around depending on what you're using (too bad there is nothing for fist weapons). and taking weapon mastery or precision depending on if you are capped on either expertise or hit.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?...12050110400000
    see if duel wielding 1-h weapons with blood frenzy puts out more dps than using 1 2-h weapon.