Does Replenish work with Rejuvenation (Rank 1 )

Does anybody tested if Replenish's talent work with Rejuvenation ( rank 1 )?

The talent that game mana, rage,energy or runic power back

Thanks

Re: Does Replenish work with Rejuvenation (Rank 1 )

why would you use rank1 ???

So that he can spam rank 1 for almost zero mana on everyone. Thus providing passive mana/rage/energy/power regen to everyone at virtually no cost to himself.

For tank healing, or anyone that actually needs healing he'll probably use the max rank.

That said, I've been wondering if overheal ticks of rejuv will trigger the effect. Because if not, then this will only work when its actually healing people.

Just keep in mind that lower level spells don't scale, barely/at all with spell power as of a recent patch.

Deleted

Even better as that will cause more ticks on the person before it is fully healed.
    HoTs don't heal if there's nothing to heal, which is the big risk with this talent. It will help tank rage, but appart from that it's going to be very difficult to estimate an average mana/energy/... gain (fromwhich you derive raid usefullness).

This is the same effect as the 2 items set bonus on druid tier3 gear. I tried it out and it even procs if the hot does not heal anything. The internal ticks still get the chance even though no heal is displayed.

So if its the same proc it will work without actually healing any hit points.

If it does work for rank 1, it is abusable and will most likely be seen as an exploit. Blizzard has demonstrated in the past that they do not like it when players downrank spells for greater efficiency.

What might work to fix this (and trust me, there most likely will be a fix, and it may end up being one we druids do not like) would be: the % likelihood that the effect procs is based on the rank of the spell. In other words, if it's 1% per rank of the spell, then rank 1 would have a 1% chance per tick to return mana/rage/energy/runic power while a rank 7 spell would have a 7% chance per tick. And since we'll have rank 15 rejuv by level 80, this keeps in line with how the talent is expected to perform at level 80. (Personally, I'd rather it be 2% per rank, but Blizz might not be willing to give us a 30% chance per tick at level 80.)

Either that or the talent will have some kind of check build in, where it'll check what the max rank of rejuv you can have at your level is, and only works if you're using the max rank.

its very possible the % it procs will scale down if you downrank the ability

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    If it does work for rank 1, it is abusable and will most likely be seen as an exploit. Blizzard has demonstrated in the past that they do not like it when players downrank spells for greater efficiency.
    Though the devs lowered scaling coefficients on downranked abilities, i can't recall any time when non-scaling portions of spells were penalized this way (e.g, all ranks of Insect Swarm cause the same decrease in hit chance, all ranks of Faerie Fire prevent stealth, all ranks of Frostbolt cause the same chill). To me, it seems very clear from the way the talent is worded that rank 1 Rejuvenation will have the same Replenish effect as rank 15, so i can't help thinking that the devs have taken this into account.

Here's my theory: at a 15% chance per tick, Replenish will proc, on average, after 6.33 ticks (or 19 seconds). If the target has around 15k mana, a 2% (300 mana) restore every ~20 seconds is around 75mp5, making this similar to a very high-maintenance Blessing of Wisdom.
    Let's consider the raid case. If a druid (talented with Gift of the Earthmother and gifted with 0 latency) casts nothing but Rejuvenation, xir spells will tick every second, which means it still will take 6.33 seconds for Replenish to proc. Meanwhile, this druid will be outputting very little healing (assuming the use of rank 1), so the raid loses a healer in exchange for some amount of mana restoration.

My opinion is that downrank-replenishing is only worth using when one has extra time – namely, when healing output is no longer critical – or when a friend can't keep up with the required regen. In the former case, it's probably because one outgears the encounter anyway. In the latter case, the extra regen is sporadic and small enough that it's unlikely to throw off encounter balance significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by anakoluthon
    My opinion is that downrank-replenishing is only worth using when one has extra time – namely, when healing output is no longer critical – or when a friend can't keep up with the required regen. In the former case, it's probably because one outgears the encounter anyway. In the latter case, the extra regen is sporadic and small enough that it's unlikely to throw off encounter balance significantly.
    couldn't agree more. Though the theory of the mechanics would be nice to get cleared out, there simply isn't room for druid "buffing" the raid with a downranked rejuv.
    the talent is merely adding some extra flavor to your heals, its no way near being usefull as a genuine buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlykke
    couldn't agree more. Though the theory of the mechanics would be nice to get cleared out, there simply isn't room for druid "buffing" the raid with a downranked rejuv.
    the talent is merely adding some extra flavor to your heals, its no way near being usefull as a genuine buff.
    i agree here, i dont really see many windows opning for myself to spam rank1 on the people that dont need healing, as a druid i am simply 100% of the time casting hots or if not that, jumping around to get the birds out of my tree

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Post
    This is not a bug.

In the latest WotLK beta push, we made a large change to the mana cost of spells. All player spells now cost a percentage of base mana rather than a fixed cost. Base mana is a special value determined by the player’s level and class, regardless of any effects or items that increase intellect. It is the size of a player’s mana pool if the player has zero intellect.

This change was made primarily to prevent downranking, as it's a technique that was never quite intended. Rather than continue to find ways to penalize players for casting low-rank spells, we decided to essentially make doing so obsolete. If rank 5 and rank 6 of a spell cost the same amount of mana, but rank 6 does more damage/healing, then there is no reason to consider casting rank 5.

So, each spell line (eg. Frostbolt, Shadowbolt, Greater Heal, Rejuvenation, etc.) has a fixed percentage of base mana that it costs for most of its ranks. That means each time a player gains a level the cost will go up some. The percentages were picked to attempt to keep the costs relatively similar to what they are currently in World of Warcraft. For most spells, that percentage will drop some when the player receives their highest-rank spell in existing Burning Crusade content. This was done to better fit the existing cost curve, and to keep the mana cost for level 70 players as close as possible to existing costs. Level 70 characters will see most of their maximum rank spells change in cost slightly up or down, but not by significant amounts.

We anticipate there being some balance concerns due to this change, and our development staff will be ready to implement new spells, abilities, or talents to resolve those issues as the testing process continues.
    I hate to say "I told you so," but I told you so. This makes my earlier suggestion obsolete as the level 70 version of Rejuvenation will cost less mana than any downranked version of the spell.

+ i heard that downranking is getting nerfed to fuck, a spell, no matter what rank will cost a % base mana, so rank 1 rejuv will cost as much as rank 9, bye bye theory

i think a big part of the idea behind this talent is to make the lifebloom coefficient nerf less noticeable, but overall, anakoluthon's got the right idea

Quote Originally Posted by Belegonfax
    i think a big part of the idea behind this talent is to make the lifebloom coefficient nerf less noticeable, but overall, anakoluthon's got the right idea
    No. Why do people always try to make up conspiracy theories?

It's partly a copy of the nice T3 bonus with the same effect, partly intended to counter the loss of mana potion spamming and partly because it's a nice and fitting talent in general.