Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tailoring and the craftable bags

im wondering if you can make new bags with tailoring.

haris pilton sells these huge 22er bags for 1200g but i dont know if its worth to buy them (expecialy if you want to reroll a dk). maybe in LK there will be cheaper versions of 22er bags. or do you think that the 22er version from haris pilton will be the biggest even in LK?

are there any tailoring infos from the beta?

Re: tailoring and the craftable bags

With the changes to mounts and vanity pets, I don't really see a need for 22+ slot bags, my 20 slotters are plenty.

Chances are good they'll have craftable 20 slot (cheap) bags, and 22 slot ( expensive - frozen mooncloth or whatnot) bags.

1200g for a bag,, you'll want perhaps 1 for the achievements.
    4 if youre a druid.

But otherwise i'd hold out for now.

i'd say 22ers would be medium expensive like the imbued netherweave bags. i think there will be some expensive 24er bags likely made from some sort of mooncloth at lvl 80. would be similar to lvl 60 and lvl 70 then.

Most expensive bags craftable in woltk will probably be 24 slots.
    Cheap ones being 20 slot and mediocre 22 slots.

But more then 1 giantique sack is not needed =D

does anyone know what will happen to the normal backpack? can you put a new bag in this slot or is it still fixed and cannot be changed?

I don't see why people think the standard crafted bag size would be 20 in WotLK. 14 slots were the standard size pre-TBC, with 16slot bags costing 30g+ each (a decent amount at the time), and rare or expensive 18 slot bags availible for those willing to spend a lot of gold. In TBC the 16 slot netherweave bags became the new standard, with 18 slots being a reasonable upgrade for people who are willing to spend gold on bag space, with 20 slot bags availible for people who have nothing better to spend their gold on.

It seems reasonable to assume that the new cheap standard bags in WotLK would be 18 slot, with 20 slot bags craftable at a fairly reasonable price for those who want them, and 22 slot bags availible for very large amounts of money or as raid drops.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    But more then 1 giantique sack is not needed =D
    I got 8 and i'm happy with them.
    Was it "needed" ? I could disenchant some stufff and the new pet/token/mount changes are going to give more freedom. But that's not the question.
    Do I appreciate having them ? Yes, they're usefull as of now and will be usefull in WotLK too as i'm a collector maniac. Did i have anything better to do with all that money ? No.
    And that's it.

Regarding new bag size in Wotlk, it's difficult to say since all craft skills haven't been updated yet. If it follows the current trend, it'll be 18 as the easy access bag, 20 as the new normal one and 22 as the new expensive one (but probably cheaper than the Gigantique ones).

Sure the mounts and the pets will not be in bags...but there are still classes that need numerous sets of gear in raids..

For me for example...im druid....I have full bags both on me and in bank...so bigger bags yes pls...
    and since im raiding hard i dont have the cash to buy the Haris Pilton one....
    so im looking forward to what tailors can do

Quote Originally Posted by neo3001
    does anyone know what will happen to the normal backpack? can you put a new bag in this slot or is it still fixed and cannot be changed?
    they really need to let us change out that stupid bag. it's been long enough.
    RIDiculous ... you know... like ridicule.
    not REDidculous.

Personally I have 4 22slotters already on my pally main.
    That being said, I gotta carry around 3 full sets of armor when im raiding usually, most people dont.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    I got 8 and i'm happy with them.
    Was it "needed" ? I could disenchant some stufff and the new pet/token/mount changes are going to give more freedom. But that's not the question.
    Do I appreciate having them ? Yes, they're usefull as of now and will be usefull in WotLK too as i'm a collector maniac. Did i have anything better to do with all that money ? No.
    And that's it.

Regarding new bag size in Wotlk, it's difficult to say since all craft skills haven't been updated yet. If it follows the current trend, it'll be 18 as the easy access bag, 20 as the new normal one and 22 as the new expensive one (but probably cheaper than the Gigantique ones).
    I more ment it like 1 is fine for the achievement
    If you got too much gold, go ahead buy all the bags you want. Its your gold and you want it so ^^

She'll just get bigger bags, something like 'exquisit gigantique bags' with 26 slots.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Biggest before TBC was 18 slots.
    Biggest in TBC was 20 slots, mostly until paris came.
    I suspect the biggest will be 22 slots in wotlk.

- They're removing Mounts from inventory
    - They're removing Pets from inventory
    - They're removing PvP tokens from inventory
    - They're removing Badges from inventory
    - They're probably going to be removing more idly things in it.

That's in the end will be freeing lots of place, and they wont need people with more and more and more space with the ever increasing amount of Mounts/Pet in the game.

Also, for those hydrids having multiple sets of gear, the homogezination of gear will be removing a set or two. effectly freeing 18(/36) slots of your bags/bank. I say at the ultimate end (WoW's "last"s expansion, coming in many many years), we should have 24 slotters bag and that's it. How much space do people need anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by battierpeeler
    they really need to let us change out that stupid bag. it's been long enough.
    Yup
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

I'd imagine if they changed it it would be that you had the normal bag till 60-70 and after each 5 lvl you gained 4-8 new slots.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Is Blizzard going to do something with Tabards as they are doing with tokens, mounts and pets???

I swear I thought I saw something about tabards but can't seem to find it anywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    - They're removing Mounts from inventory
    - They're removing Pets from inventory
    - They're removing PvP tokens from inventory
    - They're removing Badges from inventory
    - They're probably going to be removing more idly things in it.
    I carry around 3 mounts, and that's it from that list. XD

Ah well, clean the bank up a bit I guess.

3-4 types of pvp tokens
    2 stacks of badges of justice.
    1 land mount
    2 flying mounts
    3 mini pets
    quest tokens? halaa etc? soul badges from terrokar.

all n all it'd save about 12-15 bag slots just from the changes.
    Hopefully they do add bigger bags though, engineering tools and resistance sets, crafting materials, potions, scrolls, old gear you keep around just because and other stuff does take up quite a bit.