So...the improved Living Bomb?

Now it drains some mana, and add damage equals to mana drain. I see this thing doing some really nasty things to other casters. It'd be even better if it had been drain energy/rage/ruin and dealing damage equals to drained energy/rage/ruin*100 or whatever.

But anyway, what do you guys think about this new tweak?

Re: So...the improved Living Bomb?

I dont think it drains enough mana to be worthwhile. At least not for PvP. Maybe for hyjal trash packs with the fel hunters and things, but I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Anobix
    I dont think it drains enough mana to be worthwhile. At least not for PvP. Maybe for hyjal trash packs with the fel hunters and things, but I dunno
    I wonder how much it drains. The tooltip/front page seems to show level 1 of the talent, which seems to drain 100mana/2sec? I have no idea how well this scales, but what's a hunter's drain/sec? (I think Priest is the king in this area as of right now, right?)

Does it even matter to drain in PvE?

for PvE, I'm not going to spec any of the 51pt talents.

Living Bomb could have been updated to steal mana... that would have negated the need for mages to kill themselves in BG's in order to get mana'd up.

So for the however many seconds Living Bomb ticks before you explode, you're supposed to spam Frost Nova and AE, right?

Then a blast wave right after >:]

Think of it more like a passive aoe to compliment AoE spam in general.

Some potential for it in AV zerging:

1. Activate Living Bomb.
    2. Wait for a few seconds.
    3. Blink into the enemy zerg.
    4. Cast Blast Wave just as Living Bomb goes off.

The end result is a lot of scattered people who just took a lot of damage, while only requiring you to cast one instant while in the 'danger zone'. I don't foresee a lot of people trying to PvP as 51 fire though...
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Anobix
    Have fun doing level 70 content in WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge
    Have fun doing level 70 content in WotLK
    I thought you get living bomb before 70? (It's a 51 points talent, so you should be able to get rank 1 at lvl 60. Not sure if any one would still care to do it or not though.)

Anyway, like someone said above--I think living bomb is a nice addition to PvP close range AoE spam (AB, Blast Wave, etc). It also has incredible synergy with Blink (Improved blink also help reduce damage taken while you do all your AoE). Personally I would prefer that Living Bomb somehow (maybe on critical hits) reset the cooldown on Blink. That would make it one hell of a fun spell.

Still just as useless, deep fire is too much of a joke too spec to this even if this was made good the gimmicky suicidal aoe tree that is fire just isn't good for single target damage and it's aoes are mana inefficient more so now when spells crit.
    AOE is the quickest way to run out of mana so whoevers mana u burn wont have less then you anyway.
    All mage AOE's have damage cap how exactly can they be the best with the manner in which they function being direct in this tree, I'd just blizzard instead of all this useless junk which requires u to be close to melee range and run out of mana.

ok, here is what i think they could do to living bomb to make it worth while...
    if you can cast the spell on a target, doing something like hellfire aoe damage with the big boom at the end. that will keep the mages at a distance, and make the talent more worthwhile to get for raiding/anything... think of it like a seed of corruption/hellfire thing. and, if living bomb kills the target, it does bonus damage to those around it.

what the Guy above me said ^^ would be cool i think, and use full

i agree it needs to me made in to something that u cast on a target and needs to be spammable so you can tab LB on to a AOE pack just like locks Tab seed of win and maby give it a Cast time other wise it could be a bit OP

It should make you pop and explode like baron geddon's bomb tbh.

Barron Gedhon bomb would be cool, shoots someone in the air during the explosion, explosion damage to people nearby and also receive fall dmg. But that would be very OP in pve/pvp.
    Imagin in av you make a living bomb in vandar/drek room of someone and he explodes dealing to everyone hes near dmg and to himself explosion dmg and fall dmg.
    In pve the same situation but in a raid instance on a thrashmob in a pack. That would really be insane tbh.