Will Hpaladin expenses get a fix?

Now, i know that this might be abit of a whine post, but i seriously think it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Some time ago, blizzard explained that the reason caster enchants was so expensive compared to melee enchants, was that melee classes did have higher expenses in other fields of the gameplay (Repair costs, faster durability loss etc.)
    People wearing plate will get higher repair costs, but they are also generally melee characters. So they will not spend much money on enchants.
    Casters on the other hand does not die that often, they dont have that expensive repair costs(cloth/leather) and their gear won't get broken as fast.

Holy paladins on the other hand wear plate, we need to get the very expensive enchants that clothies get. I don't really know of any enchants that benefit me well that i can get. And our farming potential isn't all that great. (AoE farming ain't that good anymore, and even if it is a topic, your gear gets completely broken FAST.)

I spend the highest amount of money in all fields, and my income potential is lower than most others. (Dailies takes longer than most other classes.) I need the most expensive enchants and similar. (It is also known that caster pots are more expensive than melee pots, altho this is not an issue for me.)

I have no solutions for the problem, but i feel it is needed to balance this all. Anyone feel the same way?

Re: Will Hpaladin expenses get a fix?

about the plate/leather/mail repair costs i believe it was addressed a while ago though i am uncertain and will have to check.

and about your farming capabilities, come wotlk and the merge of stats(spellpower) u should b able to do some farming as a shockadin, and they also mentioned something about switchable specs(2) so u could have a shockadin spec for farming and a healbot spec for healing while using similar gear.

Yeah, i realise this. But it still doesn't change the fact that the system is unfair towards holy paladins =/

Thandrin

This thread is pointless. Repair costs are based on item level, IE. repairing plate costs same ammount of money as repairing same level cloth armor.

Also as a holy paladin you just cant say that you have least survivability in solo pve. Lets say mage who accidently pulls 3 additional mobs is as screwed as you. Mage can frost nova and blink and run away, while you can bubble and heal when needed while running away.

As a side point I think enchantment shaman has least survivability.

EDIT: Dont do dailies, its not worth its (unless you need rep) use professions to get much more money than grinding same quests (bonus: spec doesnt matter).

I don't understand how this would be implemented without making it so that prot/ret pallies don't get away with low repair costs. You wear plate and therefore can withstand damage a plate-wearer can. It is part of what makes holy pallies fun and unique to play. With that comes the repair costs of plate.

Also, which healing enchant is that expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Thandrin
    This thread is pointless. Repair costs are based on item level, IE. repairing plate costs same ammount of money as repairing same level cloth armor.
    Right, but plate repair costs more due to higher max durability, which allows you to take more hits before going red. Each point of durability, regardless of armor type, will cost exactly the same to repair. Here's where plate costs more.

Assume you wipe, your standard piece of plate item has 100 durability, and a cloth piece has 40. 10% off, the plate now has 90 durability left, and the cloth has 36, therefor the plate costs twice as much to repair.

Ulrik.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandrin

Also as a holy paladin you just cant say that you have least survivability in solo pve. Lets say mage who accidently pulls 3 additional mobs is as screwed as you. Mage can frost nova and blink and run away, while you can bubble and heal when needed while running away.

As a side point I think enchantment shaman has least survivability.

EDIT: Dont do dailies, its not worth its (unless you need rep) use professions to get much more money than grinding same quests (bonus: spec doesnt matter).

Repair cost is based on how many points off durability the item needs to get, plate got the most totall durability so it costs more to repair, when you die you loose 10% of durability so it costs more. (Based on what I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik.

Repair cost is based on how many points off durability the item needs to get, plate got the most totall durability so it costs more to repair, when you die you loose 10% of durability so it costs more. (Based on what I know).
    See this guy knows what I am talking about.

Thandrin

Dang shame on me. I Failed.

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok
    Also, which healing enchant is that expensive?
    Melee DPS bracer enchant - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=34002
    Healing Bracer enchant - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27911
    Just as an example, this applies to all enchants if you compare them (Except weapon enchants, it's fairly equal there)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok
    I don't understand how this would be implemented without making it so that prot/ret pallies don't get away with low repair costs. You wear plate and therefore can withstand damage a plate-wearer can. It is part of what makes holy pallies fun and unique to play. With that comes the repair costs of plate.
    You are right, there really is no actual *fix* to the problem, but this does not change the fact that Holy Paladins are screwed over.
    The alternative is that enchant price is to be based upon the farming potential of the player. Thus, healers enchants should be slightly lower in cost than DPS'ers and tanks should get the cheapest enchants.

See what I did there?
    Ye, i did ^^

while personally I dont like sucking harder repair costs. Guess what...as a holy pallys you shouldn't die as much as clothies. The difference between me taking a hit from an agro dropping boss, and a clothie is that I actually survive past the 2nd hit, where as clothies dont. So therefore unless its a total wipe generally your gonna die less.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    while personally I dont like sucking harder repair costs. Guess what...as a holy pallys you shouldn't die as much as clothies. The difference between me taking a hit from an agro dropping boss, and a clothie is that I actually survive past the 2nd hit, where as clothies dont. So therefore unless its a total wipe generally your gonna die less.
    Yeah, i know... I rarely die anyway, but that is not the topic of the post, nor is it of any real concern to the topic at hand. The fact is that the system is unfair, no matter who dies the most... Hunters dont die often either, but they still get cheap enchants and repair costs. And they can farm money real quick

this game isnt fair :\.
    just roll a rogue/hunter/feral druid for farming like the rest of us :/.

Duel mongoose(executioner) enchants are WAY more expencive then a +81 to healing to weapon, healing to bracers and healing to gloves put together, im not sure what you are getting your enchant arguement from.

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Yeah, i know... I rarely die anyway, but that is not the topic of the post, nor is it of any real concern to the topic at hand. The fact is that the system is unfair, no matter who dies the most... Hunters dont die often either, but they still get cheap enchants and repair costs. And they can farm money real quick
    Soulfrost, Sunfire, +15dmg on bracers, executioner, mongoose, destruction pots, haste pots, demonslaying elixirs.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31737 , i would imagine a hunter could go through 2000 arrows quite easily per raid, theres 20g before repair costs.

Many other classes cannot take one hit from a mob, whereas paladins can.

Stop complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerlu
    www.femaledwarf.com

Learn it, love it.

The premise that melee weapon enchants are cheaper than caster enchants is flawed. There is no way that Mongoose & Executioner are cheaper than 81 healing or 40 spell damage which are the only 2 enchants a Paladin would use.

In addition if you are able to get gear that warrant these enchants, gold is never an issue... at least I've never had a problem getting a needed enchant due to lack of gold so I have no idea what you are doing.

And to clarify the repair cost... 1 durability costs the same to repair for each class of armor (cloth/leather/mail/plate) It's just that plate has more durability than cloth so upon death when you suffer 10% durability loss it's true that you lose a bit more durability than a cloth wearer meaning your repair cost is a bit higher. But under normal circumstances you (ie not chain wiping) you don't need to repair as often.