Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WotLK nerfing Shaman?

Nature’s Blessing no longer increases spell damage from Intellect,

I noticed that the Druid and Paladin talents remain unchanged.

That was a huge chunk of Restoration Shaman leveling and questing viability that just went down the drain. It's also a nerf to Arena, once again forcing Restoration Shaman into the role of the only PvP healer with no ability to do anything other than stand still in one spot and spam heals (and hope he doesn't get CC'd).

Did Blizzard offer any excuse as to why they are nerfing the weakest class in the game?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: WotLK nerfing Shaman?

I dont really understand what you want to say.

It does increase spell power... by 15% of your intellect. And your spell, both healing and offensive use spell power, but with different coefficients. There is no spell damage, and bonus healing, it's only one stat in wotlk, spell power.

There will be nerf for paladins for sure. They wont have 35% as they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant
    I dont really understand what you want to say.

It does increase spell power... by 15% of your intellect. And your spell, both healing and offensive use spell power, but with different coefficients. There is no spell damage, and bonus healing, it's only one stat in wotlk, spell power.

There will be nerf for paladins for sure. They wont have 35% as they do now.
    it will no longer increase spelldamage from spellpower, only spell healing from spellpower. Your damage remains unchange, that means it's a nerf for farming as resto. Not a biggie for me tbh, but still a nerf.
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Weakest class in the game? I'd like the agree with you, just so I can get more OPOPOP, except for the fact that I absolutely destroy people in BGs, and slap people around in arena as well. I've always been our little guild's top healer alongside our Resto Druid. So, perhaps you can enlighten me as to how Shamans are in any way weak. Pretty please?

15+ Year Old Account

I dont think Shamans are one to say bad things about their new changes. They are getting buffed like crazy anyways, and me as a priest with 430 resil do really have a hard time with Shamans regardless the spec. Elemental ones got crazy nuke, insane tbh. Enhance ones are nasty when having alittle luck with crits on WF and they got interupts. Same with Resto tbh, they can take a good amount of dmg and yet do good. Noticed a shaman healing 40% of his health bar each time he threw a Lesser Healing Wave on himself. That aint bad

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    it will no longer increase spelldamage from spellpower, only spell healing from spellpower. Your damage remains unchange, that means it's a nerf for farming as resto. Not a biggie for me tbh, but still a nerf.
    This is just very poorly written comment (i mean comment on mmo-champion, not your post). There is only ONE statistic, that count for both spell damage and spell healing... it's called spell power. So how can it increase healing, but not spelldamage? Nerf is in amount of spellpower, used to be 30% now its 15%, which together with lower coefficient of light bolt, will lower resto shaman's dmg.

Now we have around 550 int, which gives 165 spell dmg (spell power in wotlk) it will be cut in half, but it will change our spell power from 1000 to ~920.. not really that big deal. (numbers are totaly random, only to show how it will work).

Quote Originally Posted by ofancow
    Nature’s Blessing no longer increases spell damage from Intellect,

Did Blizzard offer any excuse as to why they are nerfing the weakest class in the game?
    I stopped reading a bit too late. If you bothered to read the rest of the changes you would see that its going to 15 spell power, which for healing equals about the same amount. You also forfeit the right to complain about being the weakest class in the game being you're the most sought after pve healer in the game atm do to your OP chain heals.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Being most wanted pve healer doesnt mean anything if someone wants to do pvp. This game is not only bout 25 men killing scripted opponent.

No class should be 'pvp only' or 'pve only' and arguments like 'you can suck in pvp cause you're awesome in pve' is silly.

That's ofcourse in TBC, as in wotlk there are changes, nice changes that can help us in pvp.

This is just very poorly written comment (i mean comment on mmo-champion, not your post). There is only ONE statistic, that count for both spell damage and spell healing... it's called spell power. So how can it increase healing, but not spelldamage? Nerf is in amount of spellpower, used to be 30% now its 15%, which together with lower coefficient of light bolt, will lower resto shaman's dmg.

Now we have around 550 int, which gives 165 spell dmg (spell power in wotlk) it will be cut in half, but it will change our spell power from 1000 to ~920.. not really that big deal. (numbers are totaly random, only to show how it will work).

i quote the blue regarding to it:
    Nature’s Blessing no longer increases spell damage from Intellect, and the effect has been reduced to 5/10/15% from 10/20/30%. This is in result of the new spell power system. Players should notice little to no change in the power of the spell relevant to healing spells.

This means to me, it only affects healing spells, since you only there notice no change AND even if this means it still affects damage spells, it will effekt them a lot less.

EDIT:
    Also i remember a blue post mentioning, that there will be healing only or damage only skills and even items.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

i quote the blue regarding to it:
    Nature’s Blessing no longer increases spell damage from Intellect, and the effect has been reduced to 5/10/15% from 10/20/30%. This is in result of the new spell power system. Players should notice little to no change in the power of the spell relevant to healing spells.

This means to me, it only affects healing spells, since you only there notice no change AND even if this means it still affects damage spells, it will effekt them a lot less.
    No, that means that the change of this talent will not be noticable for healing spells. It is still a nerf for damage spells.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    No, that means that the change of this talent will not be noticable for healing spells. It is still a nerf for damage spells.
    Still the point of the thread opener is valid, it's a nerf to damage.
    But as i stated before, i don't care for it ^^

Being most wanted pve healer doesnt mean anything if someone wants to do pvp. This game is not only bout 25 men killing scripted opponent.

No class should be 'pvp only' or 'pve only' and arguments like 'you can suck in pvp cause you're awesome in pve' is silly.

That's ofcourse in TBC, as in wotlk there are changes, nice changes that can help us in pvp.
    I play a resto shaman and it's been said too many times, this go' for everybody...

Not every spec will allways be a viable PVP/PVE spec....Get used to it.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Still the point of the thread opener is valid, it's a nerf to damage.
    But as i stated before, i don't care for it ^^
    Yeah, i just said that...
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

TBC wow - you get 150 spell damage and bons healing for 500 intellect.

Its added to your bonus healing (lets asume you have 0 bonus healing and spell damage) so you get 150 bonus healin. Now for HW it's 0.857 coefficient) so you gain 128 bonus healing to your healing wave, and also 0.79 bonus spell damage to your light bolt.

Wotlk - you get 75 spell power for 500 intellect

In wotlk both your spells, healing wave and light bolt will use SAME STATISTIC called spell power. But coefficient for HW will be doubled the TBC (or around) and 0.71 (around that) for light bolt.

Which means you will have almost same healing for healing wave, but half less of what yor ligth bolt had in tbc.

Also with 100 spell dmg, 80 or even 100 is not 'we cant kill anything now'.

But if they want to make some additional hidden bonuses to healing than yes you are right and we'll loose around 15% of total spell damage. Althou im still sure it's just poorly written, exact same thing was with Hand and Blessing spells, where devs didnt see a difference. And this spell talent would not be that awesome, especially for 5 points (talking bout pvp).

Quote Originally Posted by THEwasd
    I play a resto shaman and it's been said too many times, this go' for everybody...

Oh my! So i should reroll. like everyone else in arena. To a druid! Cause he's for pvp. That's biggest crap i ever heared. Im not telling that everyone should be exactly same, but should be balanced much more than it is now. Also there is no spec that's viable for both pve and pvp, and you always have to change your talents. In wotlk blizz is addin pvp skills to every 'pve only' spec (even combat rogue) and vice versa. So please... dont tell me that i cant ask for more enjoyable pvp with my shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by THEwasd

Exactly. Every class has a tree that is bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    no it means it won't be noticeable change for healing spells, if it is noticeable for dmg spells (a nerf, buff or stays the same) is not clear with that wording.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Lol, you actually realize that resto is still 'best' tree for pvp? If that's best tree for pvp and you think of it as 'not suitable' i wonder how sucky it must be

Perhaps you missed the entire spellpower thingy. Now when you get items that are good for resto, they are actually good for offensive spells too. I think you don't have a single reason to complain about this, in terms of tbc you get like a 500 spelldamage buff.
    And the druid version was halved before yours did, already was in alpha.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually spell power will more or less equal to what spell damage used to be. And coefficient will be higher on healing spells. So no class will get 500 spell dmg buff just from transition to spell power.

fuck if i see one more "nerf QQ bliz hates me" thread im gonna avoid anything other than news untill wrath is done and released