Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Best RET Wotlk talent builds

This is my favorite build at the moment:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZxhZxfMxbczAIsgzAo

I don't know if I would use this build in arenas, but I've tested it a couple times in the new BG and am loving it (probably because no one else uses it).

I use Seal of Righteousness with a slow one hander and shield. It may not make that much sense, but I enjoy beating almost every melee I run up against because I have about 17k armor and put out a decent amount of DPS.

Seal of Righteousness hits for about 500ish.
    Judgement of Righteousness crits for about 5k (8k+ winged)
    Shield of Righteousness crits for over 2k. (514 Block Value from Strength alone)

I also tried this build in the instances and still managed to pull about 1600-1800dps in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Wappo
    I don't know if I would use this build in arenas, but I've tested it a couple times in the new BG and am loving it (probably because no one else uses it).

I use Seal of Righteousness with a slow one hander and shield. It may not make that much sense, but I enjoy beating almost every melee I run up against because I have about 17k armor and put out a decent amount of DPS.
    A Retribution Paladin with a Shield and a 1-hander? Uhm, okay?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Barrda
    I think he is using the stuned/disorinted numbers. I get with 2k ap and 600 sp and using http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ldestroyer.jpg with 6% in 2h specialization.

(507 x 1.06) x .3 + 2000 x .36 + 600 x .58 =1229 x2 (stun) x 2 crit = 4880
    (761 x 1.06) x .3 + 2000 x .36 + 600 x .58 =1310 x2 x 2 = 5239

Theory craft with only 2000k ap at 80 is probably way low and I don't know if the weapon damage is accounted for after AP or before. If after AP then the numbers would look like this again a 80 would have a higher AP I think.

992 x 1.06 x .3 +2000 x .36 + 600 x .58 = 1383 x 2 x 2 = 5534
    1246 x 1.06 x .3 + 2000 x .36 +600 x .58 = 1464 x2 x2 = 5857

Still pretty sick dmg imo. I find it hard to belive clothies will be over 20k in pvp gear, and as you said you are using lvl 70 ap values for that one.

Looking at how AP scaled from WoW -> TBC I'd guess at 80th Ret pallies starting AP buffed for raids would be somewhere in the early 3000's and the end-game cap fully buffed closer to 5000 AP (This is with all raid buffs and consumables.)

Try plugging in numbers with those

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

Thats mine. I haven't gotten into beta and probably won't cuz my email account is broken right now. >.< But once WTOLK goes live this spec will probably revised a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    A Retribution Paladin with a Shield and a 1-hander? Uhm, okay?
    If you've never stuck a shield and one-hander on as ret, I'm going to have to assume you either don't arena or suck at it.

As for my spec, it may be unconventional but that was what I was going for. I gave it a chance and it ended up doing great by beating out almost every class I went up against (melee specifically).

If you don't believe me you can try it out yourself, if you have the gear that is.

Idea:Go holy, there's insane talent builds for holy in Wotlk.