Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Hunter WOTLK Question: What exactly is Monstrous Growth?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...devilsaur2.jpg

Monstrous growth? Its clearly a size modifier of some kind.. does anyone know the circumstances/etc for this? I ask because I saw an orc hunter on my server with a gigantic raptor pet (and no it was not in Bestial Wrath either) and was curious if this was the same thing. Any answers are appreciated.

Re: Hunter WOTLK Question: What exactly is Monstrous Growth?

Devilsaurs have their own unique spell. Called something like Monstrous Bite. It stacks 3 times and thus makes them bigger each use/stack/bite.

About the giant raptor pet, there's a TCG (Trading Card Game) card which allows you to feed your pet (also non-combat mini pets) with a cookie, making them significant larger.

you remember devilsaurs that you could find in Un'goro. The ones that if you had a slow ass computer didn't pixelate in until they were right on top of your ass. Yeah they're gonna get that big. Basically its gonna be hunter hax so that hunter make the ultimate flag guarders cause the devilsaur's ass will not all anyone to click the flag in AB.

=P

would be cool if they do grow a decent amount after 3 stacks, like double size.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    you remember devilsaurs that you could find in Un'goro. The ones that if you had a slow ass computer didn't pixelate in until they were right on top of your ass.

now THAT.. is a shit comp...

you remember devilsaurs that you could find in Un'goro. The ones that if you had a slow ass computer didn't pixelate in until they were right on top of your ass. Yeah they're gonna get that big. Basically its gonna be hunter hax so that hunter make the ultimate flag guarders cause the devilsaur's ass will not all anyone to click the flag in AB.

=P

would be cool if they do grow a decent amount after 3 stacks, like double size.
    /drool at the thought

Maybe I'll level my hunter finally ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jussie
    Devilsaurs have their own unique spell. Called something like Monstrous Bite. It stacks 3 times and thus makes them bigger each use/stack/bite.

About the giant raptor pet, there's a TCG (Trading Card Game) card which allows you to feed your pet (also non-combat mini pets) with a cookie, making them significant larger.

Actually he's probably referring to the bug. If you tame a pet in BEM after the corruptor's have made them grow in size, they stay that size until dismissed or zoning.

His pet being big is a bug.

I play hunter, and I can see on my friends' computerscreens that my pet is gigantic and is call its original name (blabla black scorpid or something)

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    now THAT.. is a shit comp...
    sadly my old one was a 1.2Ghz with 384MB of ram....and yeah fel reavers and devilsaurs were a real big problem
    Ironicly I was able to raid all the way up naxx fine on it with graphics on the lowest settings
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Guys.. if you look at the pics of the devilsaur, there are 3.

One says normal.

One says 3x Monstrous growth. http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...devilsaur2.jpg

One says 3x Monstrous Growth and bestial Wrath.http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...devilsaur3.jpg

It is NOT a bug (a blue poster said in fact that its size was not a bug). Quote:

"The devilsaur is an exotic pet that will ultimately require 51-BM to tame. There are several other exotic pets that are not implemented yet. (The moth is not an exotic pet.) The size of the devilsaur is not a bug, but I also can't promise it's going to stay that way. It would be awesome if it did, but only if it doesn't cause a bunch of other problems, like clipping through terrain and making it impossible to see mailboxes in Dalaran. (Source)"

So, once again, does anyone know what this is? Monstrous Growth is clearly something specific - the fact that it says 3x, as in 3 times, proves it is not the biscuit, as that does not stack nor do they work for anything other than cosmetic pets.

Monstrous Growth is the buff applied on the Devilsaur as it stacks Its family specific ability: Monstrous Bite.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Ok, thanks

I am sooooo excited to be able to tame one of those things!

sadly my old one was a 1.2Ghz with 384MB of ram....and yeah fel reavers and devilsaurs were a real big problem
    Ironicly I was able to raid all the way up naxx fine on it with graphics on the lowest settings
    wow.. grats on that hahaa

i wonder if it will be as useful in WOTLK :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jussie
    That's for non-combat pets ONLY, not hunter pets.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

There's a graphics bug in game right now (I don't believe it's been fixed yet) associated with Hunter pets that's client based.

Let's say you're zoning into Quel'Danas.  All those character and mob models have to load up on screen.  Now, a hunter happens to be in front of your character with his pet  Raptor out.  There's a bug that occasionally causes the Hunter's Raptor to load first, and because there is no Hunter model currently associated with the Raptor, your computer loads the Raptor at it's original mob size (the original size of the mob refers to the size before the Hunter tamed it). 

The pet also retains the name of it's model type (i.e. Raptor, Spider, Scorpid, etc) instead of the name the Hunter gave it (Spike, Spot, etc).

And yes, the TCG item only works on non-combat pets, not Hunter pets.

This bug doesn't only occur when you're loading a new zone, it can happen when a Hunter moves into your graphics range, or if the Hunter zones near you.

Hope that made sense.