Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Chaos Bolt and Divine Shield

Looks like we're going to have another annoying thing to deal with while bubbled...

"Chaos Bolt cooldown reduces from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Sends a bolt of Chaotic Fire at the enemy, dealing 1012 to 1278 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through defensive immunities. "

Anyone able to test this? Not sure if it affects us or not but I'm pretty sure it does

(Of course we'd only get hit once with it since it's an 8 sec cooldown, but that could be pretty annoying while trying to divine plea or if we're at low health)

Re: Chaos Bolt and Divine Shield

Tell me when there's a lock in arena with Destruction spec and I will be concerned, but I think you're right, it just Pierces the Bouble and Splazhes the Paladin

Well .. Just bubble a bit earlier when fighting a destro lock then (when you have at least 3k health left, instead of right before you die). Chaos Bolt has the same cast time as Flash of Light, so if you do it right you barely won't notice it.

So nobody tought of mages > sad panda

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Looks like we're going to have another annoying thing to deal with while bubbled...

"Chaos Bolt cooldown reduces from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Sends a bolt of Chaotic Fire at the enemy, dealing 1012 to 1278 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through defensive immunities. "

Anyone able to test this? Not sure if it affects us or not but I'm pretty sure it does

(Of course we'd only get hit once with it since it's an 8 sec cooldown, but that could be pretty annoying while trying to divine plea or if we're at low health)
    What worries me more is the fact that potentionally doesnt that mean that someone can murder you while you're cycloned and unable to take any healing?
    Although it does say defensive immunity im not sure exactly what you would class cyclone as.

With Soul Link only Requiring 11 points on demo ... Wy not spec destro ? Amazing burst and control with the SL spec...
    So no more Safe Buble or Ice Block !!!they wanted to give locks more chances against rogue but palas and mages get F#$%"% in the midle. kek kek

wow. they get an anti pallie (and mage i assume) button. Just when i was getting excited about being a paladin again.

But i should of known. I feel like a battered housewife. Blizzard shows up time and time again full of promises and apologizes, yet here i am, once again applying extra makeup to hide this latest bruise.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

You forget that a very small population will spec into this for pvp. UA/soul link is much more appealing and will do much more damage.

I love how everyone here is thinking in terms of the current state of WoW.

Hint: People will stay away from cliffs to avoid knockbacks, pallies will bubble earlier to prevent chaos bolt deaths, and every other new ability will have a counter that people will learn.

"Tell me when there's a lock in arena with Destruction spec and I will be concerned." Yeah, because it's not like specs are changing in the expansion at all. Let's all stay in the past.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

chaos bolt is going to piss of paladins and mages for sure, no more 1% bubble/ice blocks and then hearthstoning/blinking away :P

Chaos Bolt is on an 8 seconds cool with a 1.5 second cast so realistically they are going to put 1500 damage though your shield, unless your more or less dead it doubt it will be that much of a pain.

If your fighting a lock with Chaos bolt it might be best to use Divine Protection instead to nullify 50% of the damage instead....although that would leave you open to take damage from elsewhere
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    Chaos Bolt is on an 8 seconds cool with a 1.5 second cast so realistically they are going to put 1500 damage though your shield, unless your more or less dead it doubt it will be that much of a pain.

If your fighting a lock with Chaos bolt it might be best to use Divine Protection instead to nullify 50% of the damage instead....although that would leave you open to take damage from elsewhere
    i dont get people sometimes...
    it does 1500 WITHOUT SPELLDMG !
    this is a full destro lock, u can b sure he will b packing a ton of spelldmg and at least 25% crit so its more likely it would hit u for 3k+ than for 1.5.

im not even going to comment on your second statement as it is 100% stupid.
    scratch that, i feel like commenting.
    nothing like abosorbing 1.5-3k dmg and enjoying CoT, dots and a felhunter who would b more than happy to rid u of your pathetic bubble or silence your heals.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMage
    You are forgetting that it is 1.5k without including spell damage, this is a full destro lock, u can b sure he will b packing a ton of spelldmg and at least 25% crit so its more likely it would hit u for 3k+ than for 1.5.
    That is how you reply without sounding like a arse.
    Yes i know my second statement is flawed, thats why i pointed out the flaw in it.

you guys know that for example searing pain(wich has the same cast time) deals like 280 dmg befor spelldmg added. but it hits for about 1.2k on my lock. so where you get the 1.5k dmg for chaosbolt from? i think it will more likely hit for about 4.5k none crit. Assuming i got a pretty good gear with only t6/swp items(except the fuckin trinkets - i hate illidan) it wont get much higher with 80 pvp gear but thats fine already. hittin 8k crit through a bubble will be fun.

sigh.. why are you worried about this when a priest can just remove your bubble all together..

It's just a game.

Personally I don't think Chaos Bolt is that much a problem. It's not spammable considering the cast time. It's in deep destruction I believe, which if true means that it is a spell that will require skill to use.

If this was a baseline ability, or an ability in demonology or affliction then I'd be worried.

This ability is fine, I wish though they would address the issue of warlocks being able to constantly CC an opponent while having a large amount of life. In large arena groups the CC is no problem, but when you come across a Warlock by yourself, there is not much you can do, compared to that Chaos Bolt is not much of a threat.

Amgyn you have a great point there, as does kohakx

Evilone it was just randomly plucked out of air, i guess we won't know for sure until someone actually tests it and comes back with numbers.
    You made a very good point with searing pain, just looking at the numbers the top rank of searing pain will do 343 to 405 for 340mana. Chaos bolt is looking at about double the mana cost for triple the damage so that might have a knock on effect on the spell coefficient (which I'm sure as it in beta at the moment will be changing from build to build)

**Edit**

The current spell coefficient for searing pain and the mage scorch which has a similar mana cost and damage output is about 43% as does the priests mindblast

Honestly, Destruction Warlocks needed the boost.

At the moment I have yet to see a single Warlock that can kill off a Paladin without having either a very heavy gear or skill advantage.

Next to that Chaos Bolt has gone through about 5 or 6 itterations now, so who says the current version of it is final?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    wow. they get an anti pallie (and mage i assume) button. Just when i was getting excited about being a paladin again.
    And Anti Death Knight, and Cheat Death, And Locks which have that Annoying Immue to fire and Shadow Talent in Desto, And bashished Mobs (I can see it helping in TK against Demons which u want to Nuke but cant be tanked.)

And if it cant be resisted is it a good spell for low hit rating players?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementus
    And Locks which have that Annoying Immue to fire and Shadow Talent in Desto
    Just to keep people from getting confused, this talent is currently live in TBC aswell.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]