Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Chaos Bolt and Divine Shield

Quote Originally Posted by tangless
    sure, in a duel mabey. your telling me that a rogue can blind, activate cloak, shadowstep to the lock casting chaos, kidney shot/gouge, then lol vanish in less than a second? If so I want you! chaos bolt will finish alot of rogues.... they have grown accustomed to owning casters too hard, and im pretty sure most locks would blow up a rogue over a pally when given the chance

rogues want global cooldown removed!
    Feel free to check out rogue 51 point talent in assassination. See if you really want to dot me after that.

I do understand what you guys are saying, and perhaps we will be able to weather this change without too much difficult. But why is it every time some talent tree "needs a boost" their increased powers are directed at my favorite class!?

Actually, im a bit of a cynic when it comes to ret paladins anyway. I fully expect them to take out all most of the great changes they've added, Or whittle them down over the next few patches after wotlk comes out. Until we're level 80 and still feeling like we got the short end of the stick.

I pray however that this won't be the case.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    I do understand what you guys are saying, and perhaps we will be able to weather this change without too much difficult. But why is it everytime some talent tree "needs a boost" their increased powers are directed at my favorite class!?

Actually, im a bit of a cynic when it comes to ret paladins anyway. I fully expect them to take out all most of the great changes they've added, Or whittle them down over the next few patches after wotlk comes out. Until were level 80 and still feeling like we got the short end of the stick.

I doubt it. Ret pallies have been gettin the short end of the stick for a while, so it is reversal time.

"Your Puny Bubble is No match for COBRA!"
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Well im going full Destruction my self on my lock. Only reason anyone had points in Demon was for the sac and teh link was a bonus.

LOL well looking at it there are enough points left over IMO so yeah best of both worlds, mwhahahahaha.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...51051335230351

Dont forget with all the other modifiers in the talents this bolt is more like 2.25k and if your tricked out I bet it hits for an easy 3-4K alone not counting crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi
    I do understand what you guys are saying, and perhaps we will be able to weather this change without too much difficult. But why is it every time some talent tree "needs a boost" their increased powers are directed at my favorite class!?

Actually, im a bit of a cynic when it comes to ret paladins anyway. I fully expect them to take out all most of the great changes they've added, Or whittle them down over the next few patches after wotlk comes out. Until we're level 80 and still feeling like we got the short end of the stick.

I must say that the Paladin, and especially the Retribution Paladin has made great strides since the 2.3 patch. I'm confident that the trend will continue down into WOTLK.

And you know what? We deserve it.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    Tell me when there's a lock in arena with Destruction spec and I will be concerned, but I think you're right, it just Pierces the Bouble and Splazhes the Paladin
    well with the shadow fury change it might be doable in certain 2v2 setups and will probably excell in 5's ... maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    Well .. Just bubble a bit earlier when fighting a destro lock then (when you have at least 3k health left, instead of right before you die). Chaos Bolt has the same cast time as Flash of Light, so if you do it right you barely won't notice it.
    it will probably non crit for about 2kish depeding on coefficient and if it crits with bane it would definetly do way over 3k

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    well with the shadow fury change it might be doable in certain 2v2 setups and will probably excell in 5's ... maybe

it will probably non crit for about 2kish depeding on coefficient and if it crits with bane it would definetly do way over 3k
    Its coefficient is very low because it is a faster cast. They will be like mages, but can't kite nearly as well as affliction locks/frost mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Apartheid
    How much sense does the abbreviation, "Destru", make?
    How much sense does the abbreviation "Destro", make?
    Destro is a Char from Gi-Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmarkee385
    How much sense does the abbreviation "Destro", make?
    Destro is a Char from Gi-Joe.
    Some of you haven't been around for long have you? Alright, one scoop of memory lane icecream coming right up!

Back in the day, around the time people started clearing Molten Core the only viable talentspec for Warlocks in both PVE and PVP was Destruction, the Affliction and Demonology trees were a joke.

Next to that, Warlocks were known for spamming 3-4k crit shadowbolts, and people quickly started saying that a Destruction Warlock would 'destroy' anything and everything in his or her path.

Hence people started using the "Destro" abbriviation. It also sounds alot cooler ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Some of you haven't been around for long have you? Alright, one scoop of memory lane icecream coming right up!

Back in the day, around the time people started clearing Molten Core the only viable talentspec for Warlocks in both PVE and PVP was Destruction, Affliction and Demonology were a joke.

Next to that, Warlocks were known for spamming 3-4k crit shadowbolts, and people quickly started saying that a Destruction Warlock would 'destroy' anything and everything in his or her path.

Hence people started using the "Destro" abbriviation. It also sounds alot cooler ofcourse.

True story. I kinda miss the old days of MC shadowbolts flying through the air.

Edit: replaced my "," with "." . What can I say, I'm my own grammer police.
    Horde
    80 Shaman, 80 Death Knight, 70 Warlock, 70 Hunter, 70 Mage
    Alliance
    80 Rogue, 70 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry

Back in the day, around the time people started clearing Molten Core the only viable talentspec for Warlocks in both PVE and PVP was Destruction, the Affliction and Demonology trees were a joke.

Actually junior, I have been playing warlocks since they wore leather and will of the forsaken was a passive ability thanks.
    That spec was called SM/RUIN btw, which was REQUIRED to raid, and you had to travel down the affliction tree to get it.
    So don't talk like you know what you are talking about. Destro is just another fucktard bad player way of calling the current 0/21/40 spec, Destro, or you could just not be lazy, and say "I play Destruction"
    I doubt you were even around pre-bc seeing how you are a ret paladin, I won't even pay you any mind at all.
    I couldn't find a male paladin named rawberry on the armory, so I laugh at you twice as hard, for representing yourself as a veteran of this game, with a ret paladin picture. Please don't retort with something stupid about ret paladins, because I will theorycraft you into the ground. Just accept that you just got served, and think about bringing something else to the table, when you try to brag again. Or, put on some tier 3 and show us all If you cannot do that, stfu.

<3 Furi

Actually junior, I have been playing warlocks since they wore leather and will of the forsaken was a passive ability thanks.
    That spec was called SM/RUIN btw, which was REQUIRED to raid, and you had to travel down the affliction tree to get it.
    So don't talk like you know what you are talking about. Destro is just another fucktard bad player way of calling the current 0/21/40 spec, Destro, or you could just not be lazy, and say "I play Destruction"
    I doubt you were even around pre-bc seeing how you are a ret paladin, I won't even pay you any mind at all.
    I couldn't find a male paladin named rawberry on the armory, so I laugh at you twice as hard, for representing yourself as a veteran of this game, with a ret paladin picture. Please don't retort with something stupid about ret paladins, because I will theorycraft you into the ground. Just accept that you just got served, and think about bringing something else to the table, when you try to brag again. Or, put on some tier 3 and show us all If you cannot do that, stfu.

<3 Furi
    Ok, let's see if destru can catch on the same way destro does. You first, kay go.

<3 Furi
    oh you're bad

<3 Furi
    Wow, so you're kind of a dick then huh?

I'm probably just bitter about the ret paladin comment though, seeing as how I am one.

Still, that comment was pretty dick-like of you towards him.

DUUUDDE i miss ruin pre nerf. i remember getting 2k crits at lvl 52.
    and yes, long long ago, sm/ruin was everyones raid specc, a few may have gone affliction, no one went demo.

Quote Originally Posted by issuesbunny
    Wow, so you're kind of a dick then huh?

I'm probably just bitter about the ret paladin comment though, seeing as how I am one.

Still, that comment was pretty dick-like of you towards him.
    No, just putting him in his place.
    Retribution paladins are nice for pvp, I think they are the best 1v1 class/spec in game, but it ends there.
    I have been playing for way too long, and little things bother me, esp when people who have never stepped foot in Naxxramas call it Naxx, and they are neutral with argent dawn, but they will try and tell you about the Mograine fight Oh whoops, 99% of you wouldn't even know which fight that is, or I could just call it 4 horsemen, and then all you posers who lie about raiding t3, can make comments to try and relate, and feel more accepted.

No, just putting him in his place.
    Putting me in my place eh? Hmm.

[images]

Now, maybe we should get back ontopic before I blender your e-peen again ?

Ack! You broke the thread with your "proof"!

I think it's complete bollocks tbh.

Pre TBC - We have bubble, we know we are safe in it and blizzard has it as one of our core skills.

TBC - Priests can now dispel it and it is still one of our core spells.

WoTLK - Now 2 classes can effect our core ability. Priests and Warlocks who can fire off 4k crits.

It's just shite tbh. I wonder how many other classes will get a spell like this in future updates/expansion.

Blizzard either want to make their mind up about bubble or just remove it and give our class more survival spells.