Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Suggestion: Spell-interrupt for Paladins

I keep seeing people on all boards complaining that we, Paladins, need a spell interrupt, and I agree, we do. However, by giving us a spell interrupt it would make us like a lot of other classes.

I can't post on the WoW forums right now, I canceled my account, and I don't plan on playing WoW until Wotlk comes out. So instead I decided to post this on a popular forum. I will post this on the WoW OF when I reactivate my account regardless, but if anyone would like to, you may post my following idea, no need to pay credit to me, I just want it to get heard.

2 Ideas I have about a spell interrupt.

1. What I really think we need a spell interrupt for, is mainly PVE. We can probably live without one for PVP. We need this for tanking, so what I suggest is, they add a spell interrupt effect onto Hammer of the Righteous. Simple enough, only full prot, that is PVE tanks will use it. It will allow us to more easily do fights like Shade of Aran.

2. This second idea is something I believe is unnecessary, however if they were to implement a spell for Paladins I believe this would be the most unique and fitting way to do it.

A fourth Judgement.
    Judgement of Inquisition: Places *Under Inquisition* debuff on the player.
    *Under Inquisition*: Target takes 25% less damage from judgments, however any judgments cast on the target will cause them to scream out in pain, interrupting any spell being cast, and silencing them for 1 second.

Anyway I am pretty proud of these ideas, that is why I went to all the trouble to posting them. I believe either would be a good addition, like I said before, feel free to repost this, no need to pay credit to me, if you do though, it will be appreciated.

Re: A little suggestion.

Nice idea, but I have this feeling that Blizzard wants Paladins/Druids to be more physical dmg tanks then caster tanks. And in the end, it's only important for 5-mans & solo, isn't it? I mean, if you need to rely on your tank to interrupt in 25-mans you should reconsider what you're doing in there :s

Deleted

Re: Suggestion: Spell-interrupt for Paladins

Welcome to the forums kohakx. Please familiarize yourself with our Forum Guidelines before posting. Your thread's title was in conflict with them, that's why I changed it.

You can find a link to the guidelines in my signature. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

Sweet thinking.. Paladin should get some kind of interupt like Warriors, Rogues, Priests etc etc got. Just unfair that paladins aint got it, and by adding such a thing makes the paladin as retri or any other spell much more dangerous without putting the game in unstable balance.

Well having only interrupts on certain classes for PvE makes it more fun.
    You need to make up a strategy for who's interrupting what etc. imagine if we all could interrupt then the phase2 on RoS would be piss easy and barely no interrupt order would be required.
    I hope it stays the way it are for PvE purpose anyway.

Maybe add it to Crusader Strike? Not like the judgement refreshing thing is very useful with end-holy talents

Sorry about the elusive topic title, I will be sure to label properly from now on.

Anyway, thank you for your feed back. Perhaps you are right, maybe it is much more of a rewarding experience when some classes lack some abilities. My attempt to address this issue came mainly from witnessing that many Paladins desire a spell interrupt, however, giving us a spell interrupt with no consequences such as Shield Bash, would make us blatantly overpowered. One thing I do definately think we need though, is a gap closer ability such as charge or death grip, but I will think about that another day.

Although these are just ideas I came up with in my spare time and thought would increase the experience of the game, any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated.

hammer of justice
    repentance
    Seal of justice
    arcane torrent (if BE)

I think these are enough to give paladins suffecient interrupts.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    hammer of justice
    repentance
    Seal of justice
    arcane torrent (if BE)

The OP stated that this idea was for pve gains. 99% of all bosses are immune to all those things, as well as seal of justice is only a proc that you simply cannot count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    hammer of justice
    repentance
    Seal of justice
    arcane torrent (if BE)

Indeed. I was actually thinking more for PVE though, because Bosses are immune to ever single one of those skills, I agree in PVP we are set, the judgment of inquisition was an alternative idea I had that I thought might be pretty cool.

Let's see, which classes have an Interrupt effect available to them:

Mages - Counterspell
    Shadow Priest - Silence
    Shaman - Earth Shock
    Warrior - Pummel
    Rogue - Kick and Garrote
    Warlock - Felhunter

That's 6 out of the current 9 classes who have an Interrupt effect.

With so many classes that have an Interrupt effect I'd rather see the class-developers working on other aspects of our class that need attention.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

If it makes you feel any better Hunters are in the same boat, , they have a couple of ways of stopping casting in PvP however none of them have an interupt effect. Not even Silencing Shot
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

´Wouldn't the new shield thingie(can't remember the name), mean it's no longer needed, most 5-mans don't have that many places where interrupts are needed, and tanks really shouldn't be the ones who have to worry about interrupting in a 25 man.
    Just tell those who complain, that if they can't be bothered to do their own part they can leave raid.

What limits my roles as a Prot paladin?

Well for sure this is one of them.

Tie to something deep prot (read past 31) that allows our "stun" to also interupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    If it makes you feel any better Hunters are in the same boat, , they have a couple of ways of stopping casting in PvP however none of them have an interupt effect. Not even Silencing Shot

your pet is your interrupt.... ever play a caster vs a hunter? ( i dont mean you playing on your hunter) some casters have little to no chance of getting a cast off unless its instant or they CC you

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

your pet is your interrupt.... ever play a caster vs a hunter? ( i dont mean you playing on your hunter) some casters have little to no chance of getting a cast off unless its instant or they CC you
    i believe he was talking about PvE interrupts for hunters, in which case mobs to not receive spell push back.
    comma splice = WIN

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

yes they stop you casting but they are not an interupt effect.

As kohakx said previously this is about PvE not PvP

Interupts mainly only come into play during PvE where a boss say is casting a heal or a spell player abilities such as Kick, Counterspell and earthshock will all stop the boss casting as they have an Interupt Effect.
    Bosses don't suffer from spell knockback so pets etc don't do anything. Silencing shot doesn't do anything as bosses tend to be immune to silence and it doesn't have this interupt effect and so just comes up as immune and nothing happens

*Edit*

Spot on Zakenfein, thank you
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    I get so tired of all this "They have a bla bla.. so why can't my class have a bla bla?! QQ"

Seriously.. why do you want everything on your character all the time? Soon nothing will make your class "special". Except that only BE's can be paladins on the horde site and vice versa.

Paladins are great AoE tanks.. but don't have an interrupt. Warriors are great single-target tanks.. but they DO have an interrupt. PLEASE let all the classes have their good and bad sides? Soon paladins can throw death coil.. and rogues pop a B0BBLE!

Peace love & understanding.
    Could you please color your post Orange, Emokisse? Orange for legendary?

Rogues can pop a bubble, it's called Cloak of Shadows.

Actually, I had a better idea for an interrupt!

This is actually probably the best way we can do this, because this makes Hammer of Justice useful against bosses.

Improved Hammer of Justice 0/2 : Reduces the cooldown on your hammer of justice by 15/30 Seconds. If your Hammer of Justice is resisted, or if the target is immune, Hammer of Justice has a 50/100% chance to interrupt them and silence for 2 seconds.

I think that would probably be the perfect solution to our "problem". That way our Hammer of Justice, is useful against bosses!

Quote Originally Posted by kohakx
    Rogues can pop a bubble, it's called Cloak of Shadows.
    Oh please, Cloak of Shadows is nowhere near as good as Divine Shield.