Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Suggestion: Spell-interrupt for Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by kohakx
    Indeed. I was actually thinking more for PVE though, because Bosses are immune to ever single one of those skills, I agree in PVP we are set, the judgment of inquisition was an alternative idea I had that I thought might be pretty cool.
    but you have to take PVP into consideration, anything added to improve so called "pve viability" will affect PVP .. (and vice-versa)
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    but you have to take PVP into consideration, anything added to improve so called "pve viability" will affect PVP .. (and vice-versa)
    This is not meant to be rude, but if a deep Protection Paladin, is a viable PVP spec, then I think they need to rework protection Paladins. Also why I think that Hammer of Justice idea I posted above would be good, it doesn't give us an extra interrupt, it combines it with a stun, we get one or the other. My purpose here is not to ask for an overpowered ability that will make us unstoppable, it is to address an annoyance while increasing our overall "power" as little as possible. I mean if I wanted to play WoW easy mode, I would have rolled a Warlock .

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Oh please, Cloak of Shadows is nowhere near as good as Divine Shield.
    Hehe. He's most likely a caster -- that's why he sees it as Divine Shield.

PvE-wise -- Interrupts are only important for 5 mans as, in raids -- if you're having to interrupt there is a serious problem. In 5 mans, if you're a Holy Paladin you're supposed to be healing, if you're a Tankadin - you're likely going to want to take damage from the ability so you can get mana back from the healing, if you're a Ret Paladin - you could always use your HoJ to stun then judge your SoC granting additional damage.

PvP-wise, the most important spells interrupted are heals and abilities that CC. Paladins can dispel or bubble out of most negative effects while other classes cannot. As for interrupting for the sake of damage, you probably prevent more damage taken with a bubble in arena than a class that can interrupt over the course of an arena match. Not everyone should have interrupts in the game, not everyone even NEEDs them -- Paladins are a class that doesn't need it. It would be a nice, yes, but Ret Paladins take down healers in arenas now easy enough even without their shiny new mechanics and scalable damage seals -- They're the only melee class that can stick to a Resto Druid for prolonged periods of time. It's not a necessity by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    If it makes you feel any better Hunters are in the same boat, , they have a couple of ways of stopping casting in PvP however none of them have an interupt effect. Not even Silencing Shot
    u havent seen the new pet skills have u? some of them have silence and some have stuns.
    thats without counting intimidation or scatter shot which they already have if speced right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMage
    u havent seen the new pet skills have u? some of them have silence and some have stuns.
    thats without counting intimidation or scatter shot which they already have if speced right.
    As I've already said at the top of Page Two, those are NOT interupt effects.

However the Nether Shock for Nether Rays may well do the job
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Let's see, which classes have an Interrupt effect available to them:

Mages - Counterspell
    Shadow Priest - Silence
    Shaman - Earth Shock
    Warrior - Pummel
    Rogue - Kick and Garrote
    Warlock - Felhunter

That's 6 out of the current 9 classes who have an Interrupt effect.

With so many classes that have an Interrupt effect I'd rather see the class-developers working on other aspects of our class that need attention.
    First off, I agree with this post, but I wanted to point something out.

The idea of a new judgement that interupts doesnt really make sense, since looking at this list we see that 5/6 require a DPS spec or DPS class entirely.

The only exception to this is Shaman, and if you are a resto Shaman using Earth Shock, then it actually "interupts" you for 75% of the time it interupts them; this being evidence that any "healing spec" cannot properly use an interupt.

The point I was getting at, is that only DPS specs get silence/interupts, so I really dont like the idea of a fourth Judgement since it would be trainable, most likely.

As a final note, I dont feel we need an interupt. We have Sanctified Wrath to take care of pesky Sub Rogues, which in itself pleases me greatly. Even if Combat Rogues took my Zeal. >.< (Diablo 2. If you don't know it's best that you move along.)

Well whatever the case, I think I'm done with this. I would still like to see an interrupt added for tanking, but no use arguing about it.

I really like that idea of a spell interrupt, especially for 5-mans and grinding/farming. I agree that in raids you have a number of other classes that could easily do this, and more likely do it better. So, I propose, why not add this through a Major Glyph in the new Inscription tradeskill? Something to the effect of..

Major Glyph of Silence: Your Shield of Righteousness has a X% chance to interrupt target's spell and keep her from casting anything from the same school for 3 seconds.

Obviously, would need some tuning, and such, but it seems like a simple and not OP solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    If it makes you feel any better Hunters are in the same boat, , they have a couple of ways of stopping casting in PvP however none of them have an interupt effect. Not even Silencing Shot
    wonder why sp silence is then classed as a interrupt :P

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    wonder why sp silence is then classed as a interrupt :P
    I would imagine its to do with SP Silence not doing any damage...but meh I'm not bothered its only vary rarely that I want an interupt :P

I think that everything that is stated is true. We do need more interupts. But on the other hand we need more ways of getting out of Interupts. And then one chance of us actually getting good at this game, They make all of our heals a BASE % instead of certin number. So much actually having good gear to improve our mana pool. As it stands paladins are still a mana race, Even tho they gave us 50% mana every 5 min. Don't mind me, I still think we got screwed with blizzard taking away our 100% reduction with shields.

Why would paladins need interrupts? They're fine as they are (considering I play one).

If you're losing to casters in pvp then get better gear.
    I can beat any caster in my pve gear (don't mean to brag, but its true)... we have great utility to protect us and we can heal up in 1 spell (holy light) as well as attack while immune.

**COUGH**

From todays patch notes

Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 0 sec.

oh my..

Yes a nice change vs demons/undead pve content. Can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Klap
    I think that everything that is stated is true. We do need more interupts. But on the other hand we need more ways of getting out of Interupts. And then one chance of us actually getting good at this game, They make all of our heals a BASE % instead of certin number. So much actually having good gear to improve our mana pool. As it stands paladins are still a mana race, Even tho they gave us 50% mana every 5 min. Don't mind me, I still think we got screwed with blizzard taking away our 100% reduction with shields.
    I..

I mean I..

*Rawberry looks around flabbergasted*

I like to be constructive when responding to posts but I have absolutely no idea on howto comment on this one, it's just that retarded. Especially this bit;

Don't mind me, I still think we got screwed with blizzard taking away our 100% reduction with shields.
    Priceless!

Can someone please call a Priest?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Don't mind me, I still think we got screwed with blizzard taking away our 100% reduction with shields.
    How did we get screwed? This is a very valuble tanking skill now, being it dosn't make you immune, you take 50% less dmg, its a better version of Shield Wall, a MUCH better version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucris
    How did we get screwed? This is a very valuble tanking skill now, being it dosn't make you immune, you take 50% less dmg, its a better version of Shield Wall, a MUCH better version.
    OH COME ON ALREADY!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Divine Protection now reduces all damage taken by 50% and increases time between attacks by 100%.
    See how it says Divine Protection and not Divine Shield?

# Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 0 sec.

orly?

OH COME ON ALREADY!

See how it says Divine Protection and not Divine Shield?
    That's what I ment, I misread it when he said shields.

Quote Originally Posted by pharix
    # Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 0 sec.

orly?
    Useless in PVP, moderatly usefull in PVE - but honestly, why bother spending a Glyph on this when other classes have an Interrupt as a core ability?