Tidal Mastery still worth the points for Elemental spec?

So I'm messing around with ele PVE builds and I'm getting a little underwhelmed by sinking 19-20 points into resto for a ele build. It isn't so bad now, because we also get the +3% to hit and totem range. Unforunately, the current WotLK trees drop both of these so its a lot of points for 4-5% crit.

Something like this is what I've seen for builds so far: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

But what about scrapping the resto sink and filling in more ele & enhance? For example:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

This would give a nice mana pool & mp5 boost and shorter shock CD (easier to keep FS/LaB in rotation).

Thoughts?

Re: Tidal Mastery still worth the points for Elemental spec?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000
    I still find talent points for that extra 5%, but in my build I didn't get Thunderstorm only because I never had problems with mana raiding because of group makeup.

yep true pve builds will skip thundder and earth storm fire and bark up the resto tree, and then get 5/5 for the 10% int in enhancement. nice chunk of mana, mp5, and crit right there. certainly better than the points wasted in high end ele

46/5/20 is what i'm going for.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    46/5/20 is what i'm going for.
    Totally agree, the only time I'd pick up Thunderstorm is if I didn't have a shadowpriest in the group.

I think tidal force is a better choice than 5 in tidal focus...4 in tidal focus, will not make a difference between 4/5...but the 60% will help...

Just my thoughts... 8)
    “Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work”

"Power of Water, Wind and Earth, send the fire back to it's birth. Raise a spell to shield the flames, by the power that I have tamed"

Quote Originally Posted by spexaR
    I think tidal force is a better choice than 5 in tidal focus...4 in tidal focus, will not make a difference between 4/5...but the 60% will help...

Just my thoughts... 8)
    Why would you pick up tidal force? Its for healing spells

Why do you have Eye of the Storm as a PvE talent? And I don't see any use in Reverbaration either. Even Astral Shift is rather worthless in raids as well.

Of those 11 points you can shift 9 out (I put the other 2 in Elemental Warding, since it's either that or Imp Fire Nova totem in PvE really)
    Those 9 points you usually put in imp. healing wave (emergency spot healing > 5% situational efficiency), Tidal Force and either imp Water Shield, Ancestral Healing or Healing Focus, depending on your gear and playstyle/environment.

So you now have 5 points in Enh for 10%, while another Shaman has 4% crit and 1 filler point. I'ld probably take the crit :P

And with the mana caosts of spells going way up and everyone receiving haste buffs, you might wonna stick with Thunderstorm. Not to mention your Flame Shock castwith 2 ticks will actually do as much DPS as a Lightning Bolt cast

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    Why would you pick up tidal force? Its for healing spells
    Why would you pick up Tidal Focus? It's for healing spells

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Why would you pick up Tidal Focus? It's for healing spells
    I'm aware its for healing spells, I didn't get Improved Healing Wave because I find it too slow in raids ( Black Temple ) I use Lesser Healing Wave, greatest rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    I'm aware its for healing spells, I didn't get Improved Healing Wave because I find it too slow in raids ( Black Temple ) I use Lesser Healing Wave, greatest rank.
    Well in the current state HW is better in both HPS & HPM then LHW. Increasing HPS even more is not a bad thing tbh. And if you have to cast LHW as Ele sham to save someone, you need to give your healers a kick in the ... what squirls love ... and tell them to stop slacking.