Thread: 8 dps kara

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 8 dps kara

Quote Originally Posted by vaeal
    Curator doesn't require you to spread out. Prince's infernals grant you far more time than is needed to move without taking damage. Chain's die in 4-5 seconds. If your tank dies in 5 seconds without heals then you're not geared enough to be solo healing karazhan. Standing out of melee range negates aran's CS, blizzard is pathetically easy to avoid, when he is casting AE people don't need heals, and his spells should be interrupted anyways (even arcane missiles).

Any healer can solo heal a geared karazhan with ease assuming that neither the tank, healer, or rest of the raid has downs. The reason a shaman is better for speed kara runs is because of the group buffs. Resto shamans bring a ton of dps to the raid. Druids bring none.
    elem / enha sham bring more dps. sure, infernals give enough time to move away from them, unless u are unlucky and got stuck and trapped by them. and while u move u cant heal. on aran sometimes u have stand close to him if ppl spread around the room to reach them all. and blizzard aint that easy to avoid if u stand far from aran. on illhoof not only tank is taking dmg but lock who does AOE. unless u dont aoe but then whole raid needs constant healing.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Hi,

I just wanted to comment on something on page 2 regarding rogues tanking Netherspite. This is perfectly doable without evasion or prep for that matter. Just have them rotate in and out of the beam every 4-6 secs. You can even have one rogue standing still and the other one running forward to get out of beam and backwards to get the beam every few seconds. So no switch after 30 secs. We did that in not very good gear when we killed Netherspite the first time. I used a few pvp pieces though.

this has already been done several times and quite long ago. Even my newb guild did this np with palatank and circle priest and 8 dps (some alts even). Although in T6 gear.

So ye, nothing new but grats on the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by wanieczki
    We did full Kara in 1 hours 9 minutes.

1 Tank.
    1 Healer Shaman
    1 Retri Pala
    1 Enh shaman
    1 Spriest
    5 Warlocks
    pfft, you're too slow, the speed record is under an hour.... l2p

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    like if anyone was using healing touch for healing -_-

does ur healing wave regen mana on crit? whats its cast time? besides its not about bulk heals. the question was why sham is considered better healer in such run. i dunno if its better but there are few things that benefit druids more.
    - druids can heal while walking, flying, falling.
    - druids can heal multiple targets at the same time
    - they can react to spikes faster thx to swiftmend
    - they dont rely on people being close to each other like shams do with chain heal
    - when druids are silenced / stunned their heals keep rolling

to illustrate this:
    - in fight with aran druid can keep healing while running from arcane explosion, blizzard. pushbacks from hits are no problem as well. aran's counterspell has no effect as well
    - in illhoof fight when druid gets chains he relies on dps freeing him fast, just as shaman. but in this time druid's hots keep rolling on tank and warlock. also if druid was skilled he hotted himself up before chains
    - in fight with prince when infernal lands on ranged grp tank would have no healing for few secs with sham healing while druid can still roll hots. even more if situation is rly bas = nowhere to go good druid can just take dmg from infernal for some time while healing himself and tank at the same time.
    - on curator where people are spread sham would have some prob with raid healing
    during the time your hots are filling the HP bar he can get another large hit and die aswell dont forget that....

and Resto shaman isnt all about CH you know... and HW has totally died for me unless i'm MT healing and there is no AoE dmg... most of the time i use LHW for fast top off...

and another reason to bring a resto shaman then a resto druid - Totems and Heroism.
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Kadvael
    many guilds do clean kara in one evening with only two healers. and they have gears from gruul/magtheridon/za and some badges stuff as well. no more.

so you should succeed. about your resto shammy it depends wether he has a good combat regen or not i think.
    we do it in under 2 hours, full clear, with pretty much everyone in 4/8 or 5/8 t6 gear. one healer, one tank, (enh shammy with "tank gear" for attumen) and a bunch of dps

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

i'll do you one-better

once, my guild wanted to see if you really needed a healer for kara....turns out you don't!

Spriest
    Spreist
    Spriest
    Spreist
    Protadin

Rogue
    Fury Warrior
    Enh Sham
    Feral Druid
    Hunter

full clear in 1 hour 22 mins
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen
    i'll do you one-better

once, my guild wanted to see if you really needed a healer for kara....turns out you don't!

Spriest
    Spreist
    Spriest
    Spreist
    Protadin

Rogue
    Fury Warrior
    Enh Sham
    Feral Druid
    Hunter

full clear in 1 hour 22 mins
    this sounds like pure win, gotta get my guild sp together and try this hehe
    If it bleeds we can kill it.

KZ is amazingly serious business.
    This user has been banned.

People will never stop thinking of new ways to clear kara. I did it on the beta the other day with this group makeup:

Frost DK (80)
    Frost DK (79)
    Blood DK (75, and showed up at curator)
    Blood DK (71)
    Unholy DK (69)

Spriest (69)
    Holy Priest (71)
    Holy Priest (70)

Cleared somewhere between 2 and 3 hours (wasn't paying attention to time, lol). 7 manned half of it with an 8th joining at curator.