Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: All 3 priests specs for WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Please read posts before you reply to them. You have no idea what your arguing about. I posted this spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152501351

I'm asking why are people putting points in imp fort.
    It totally depends on the raid. If you're running 10mans there's a good chance that you'll be the only priest. If there was another Priest in the raid with it, I'd prefer to put those 2 points into Martyrdom to make soloing a bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeldi
    When you run out of mana. In WOTLK each player can only use one pot per boss fight, as of the current beta patch. This means personal efficiency and regen methods will become much more important. A well timed Dispersion in between shadowfiend CD's will make the difference between you going OOM and you continuing the pwn. It'll also be great for any fights with random AOE, pop it right when the AOE is about to begin, and you'll take a lot less damage.
    Ignoring all the amazing benefits to the talent... where else are you going to invest that 1 point?

Please read posts before you reply to them. You have no idea what your arguing about. I posted this spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...10305152501351

I'm asking why are people putting points in imp fort.
    No, you asked:

Yea, a healer will have that, why on earth would anyone skip stun, fear and silence resist over that
    and I've explained it twice already - it's because the low resist chance is almost useless, even on fights where the boss stuns/fears/silences, you're still at the mercy of the random number generator.

Imp. Fort is raid-wide, and is useful for all fights. It's going to be even more useful at lvl80 than it is now, because of how Fort scales with rank. You need at least 1 priest to have it. This won't be your disc priest with his spirit buff, he needs his points in imp. bubble and silent resolve, and enough in holy for divine fury. Your holy priest could take it, but only if he wants to sacrifice healing / mana efficiency / threat reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba
    No, you asked:

and I've explained it twice already - it's because the low resist chance is almost useless, even on fights where the boss stuns/fears/silences, you're still at the mercy of the random number generator.

Imp. Fort is raid-wide, and is useful for all fights. It's going to be even more useful at lvl80 than it is now, because of how Fort scales with rank. You need at least 1 priest to have it. This won't be your disc priest with his spirit buff, he needs his points in imp. bubble and silent resolve, and enough in holy for divine fury. Your holy priest could take it, but only if he wants to sacrifice healing / mana efficiency / threat reduction.

OK YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING. >1 IMP forts is 100% completely useless, 6% resist is better than imp fortitude when you do not need it.

Depending your raid setup both imp fort and imp pws are rended useless and unbreakable will is very situational. But imo it is still best talent to invest points unless there is nobody else capable of taking imp fort then its up to you to bring it in the raid.

as for disperision it is pure stupidity not to take talent like this for mere 1 talent point. As for VE vs imp shadowform it depends instance and encounters there i propably will be respeccing between those 2 depending what i am about to face. And imo it is good thing to get all dmg reduce you can get from SWD dmg since you will be using it on your average rotation and even 20% doesnt sound much it will end up being a lot of damage taken in possibly some aggro sensitive fights where you maybe cant use VE.

OK YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING. >1 IMP forts is 100% completely useless, 6% resist is better than imp fortitude when you do not need it.
    I don't see the need for TALKING LIKE THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Depending your raid setup both imp fort and imp pws are rended useless and unbreakable will is very situational. But imo it is still best talent to invest points unless there is nobody else capable of taking imp fort then its up to you to bring it in the raid.

as for disperision it is pure stupidity not to take talent like this for mere 1 talent point. As for VE vs imp shadowform it depends instance and encounters there i propably will be respeccing between those 2 depending what i am about to face. And imo it is good thing to get all dmg reduce you can get from SWD dmg since you will be using it on your average rotation and even 20% doesnt sound much it will end up being a lot of damage taken in possibly some aggro sensitive fights where you maybe cant use VE.
    I think this guy got it spot on. The thing is, you won't usually take 7 or 8 priests to a raid anymore (like in MC), so you could end up being the only priest with Imp. Fort, especially in 10-mans. For 25-mans you'll probably want a spirit buffing priest too for WoTLK.

Sorry, but I missed some evidence in your arguments. Or, the other way around, this isn't an argument. You don't need this resistance shit anymore as a SP. If you want one reason, take for example Improved Shadowform, and you can avoid any movement difficulties without relaying on pure chance. (first Boss Hyjal for example)

Same for improved VE. If you ask me, it istn't necessary anymore, because all healing classes got AOE Heal in WotLK Beta. So why should I sacrifice 2 talent points for this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic018
    Sorry, but I missed some evidence in your arguments. Or, the other way around, this isn't an argument. You don't need this resistance shit anymore as a SP. If you want one reason, take for example Improved Shadowform, and you can avoid any movement difficulties without relaying on pure chance. (first Boss Hyjal for example)

Same for improved VE. If you ask me, it istn't necessary anymore, because all healing classes got AOE Heal in WotLK Beta. So why should I sacrifice 2 talent points for this one ?

Wow....people cannot read.

But you don't need 6% resist chance either. So I'm sorry if I tried to take some additional discussion points in my last post instead of just commenting your poor argument ;-)

i think im going to go with this for a DISC dmg spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmet
    i think im going to go with this for a DISC dmg spec

...any suggestions?

surge of light is questionable depending on how much haste youll have