Haste good for Ret?

I had read a post with someone claiming that haste affects SoCommand adversely, and haste isnt very good for ret... is that true? If so, why and how? It seems to me that haste is nothing but good, as it would enable more swings, thus more SoC procs in a given fight time. This person in the post was saying it works somehow to lower SoC procs?

I only know that faster-speed weapons make SoC procs hit weaker, because it's the single-hit dmg of the weapon that matters there, and generally the slower it swings, the more dmg each hit does. But haste doesnt reduce the swing dmg of a weapon, it just makes the attack speed faster... correct? Is this person misled?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Haste good for Ret?

Seal of Command always procs 7 times per minute, hence haste does not increase the amount of procs, and the max/min damage from autoattack isn't affected by haste so it doesn't decrease the damage either.

Haste has no effect on Seal of Command AFAIK.

As alliance the only thing that haste increases is auto-attack damage, which is normaly around 50% of your damage (not 100% sure.)

Seal of Blood (and Seal of the Martyr in wotlk) scales well with haste though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He is the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll mock his alpha prediction. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent poster, a watchful dataminer....The MMO Champion.

Hitz From Dah Boing

Haste is good for Horde Ret paladins using Seal of Blood since it's not based on ppm

What they all said

Alright, thanks. I guess that answers my question... If SoCommand can only proc 7 times a minute max, then haste is still good because normal damage is still the single largest source of ret dmg. I assume windfury procs increase as a result of haste, however... or is there a limit to those procs per minute as well?

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Alright, thanks. I guess that answers my question... If SoCommand can only proc 7 times a minute max, then haste is still good because normal damage is still the single largest source of ret dmg. I assume windfury procs increase as a result of haste, however... or is there a limit to those procs per minute as well?
    haste can give more ppm on wf however it has a 3 second cd.. all u would realy be doing with haste is giving more attacks and there for giving more chances at that 30% - wf can prock up to 20 times a min... if it procked every time the cd was up

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    haste can give more ppm on wf however it has a 3 second cd.. all u would realy be doing with haste is giving more attacks and there for giving more chances at that 30% - wf can prock up to 20 times a min... if it procked every time the cd was up
    thats the shaman version
    totem has no internal CD

Haste is best friend for seal of blood and will be best seal for pve dps no matter what anyone say.
    Aliance got seal of blood as well in wotlk.

Only thing what will change atm is that u will try to keep seal of vengance or coruption going on the boss and ticking. Something like that. Start on the boss and get 5 stacks ( will be realy fast couse it is 100% proc and divine strike and crusader strike proc it now as well ). After that use seal of blood , after 13 14 sec use strike and normal attack to refresh seal of vengance and get back on blood.

WF is beeing changed to be 20% haste as well so thats good from pve point of view.

15+ Year Old Account

SoC can proc more but the average is always 7 times a minute (its not 7 procs max).

Wrong choice of words from my side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He is the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll mock his alpha prediction. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent poster, a watchful dataminer....The MMO Champion.

Hitz From Dah Boing

Haste is good, but STR is better than Haste DPS-wise, because of the 7 PPM rule of SoC.

However, with WotL Alliance will have access to Seal of Blood, making a haste a staple DPS stat, with Str and Armor Penetration coupled into that, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Atleast, so far, My guess is Hit -> Expertise -> Str (With Seath of Light) -> Haste/Armor Penetration

Deleted

Haste with SoMartyr and STR with SoCommand, simple.