Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Olympic Tabard & Pet, WotLK Class Changes

Does anybody know whether there is a level requirement to receive the tabard and/or the pet? 10+? or only 70?\

I'm assuming 10+ - don't see any reason to restrict this.

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexic
    Does anybody know whether there is a level requirement to receive the tabard and/or the pet? 10+? or only 70?
    hm at least 10+ becaus you won't be able to do BGs before that level

Wow, that was very easy. Easiest 15 minutes I have ever spent in AV. Thanks Alliance children! You are teh best!

15+ Year Old Account

I can confirm it is possible to receive the tabard at level 42+. I'm assuming its all levels then.

The letter says:
    You have fought bravely in the battleground and impressed the Spirits of Competition... well done! As a reward, you have been gifted with the mark of favor: a Competitor's Tabard. Wear it proudly.

Going to try to get the tabard and the pet for my lvl 10 bank character

I wonder how the 'secret codes' are being given out

i cant confirm this, but you might need to pug to get this. did 4 bgs with group and got squat, then did a pug AV and got the tabard. dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    i cant confirm this, but you might need to pug to get this. did 4 bgs with group and got squat, then did a pug AV and got the tabard. dunno.
    sounds stupid... dont think that mathers tbh.

what npc are you talking about?

You missed the fact that "Destructive Reach" from the Warlock now affects the Imp's distance of Firebolt too.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...77867&sid=2000

Quote Originally Posted by Aeros
    About this mage's counterspell. Its hard to understand, does it mean there is no longer imp counterspell and it does the 4 sec silence without talents or am i reading it wrong? please clarify for me.
    On live it's 50/100% chance to silence for 4 seconds which was resistible. Now it's 100% to silence for 2/4 seconds which can not be resisted. No silence if you don't put points into it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Balbaroy
    This is untrue. You can get the tabard at level 10+ by just joining any battleground and finishing it. That means you are awarded this for doing AV, WSG, AB, and EotS. You do not need to win, losing will still reward the tabard.

For the pet from what I understand you must win - but have no idea if there is a level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros
    Boobie is a dwarf? Nooooooooooooooo!
    you didnt know that??

moving on,,,, i thought blues said that they were going to improve the mage, not nerf it, /boggle

There are some typos, but well, NOTHING FOR WARRIORS ;(

Living Bomb gettin' nicer. Everything that has to do with Pushback/Up makes me happy

Hmm, as I read it this is a considerable nerf for arcane mages, am not to pleased with it.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Ah cmon! They nerfed my imba pom-pyro spec by 50% crit dmg
    wtf?!

They want firemages to go for burnout? but that's too down in the talent! we can't get pom and burnout

PS: I have a question: what happens when Molten Shields and Frost Warding proc at the same time? etc. you reflect a fire spell, and get mana for the dmg reflected?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sunstrider&n=Fukla

1) You have to win or lose a BG to get the tabard.
    2) Wear the tabard and win/lose(?) a BG.
    3) ????
    4) Get the pet.

I did 1 AB and got the tabard, then I wore it and did an AV which I won aswell and I had another mail with the pet in it.
    A friend of mine who is a pet collector, did a couple of AVs without getting the pet. She didn't wore the tabard because she didn't like the colors - so I told her to wear it while doing a BG.. which she did, and there you go; she got her pet right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Villi
    1) You have to win or lose a BG to get the tabard.
    2) Wear the tabard and win/lose(?) a BG.
    3) ????
    4) Get the pet.

I did 1 AB and got the tabard, then I wore it and did an AV which I won aswell and I had another mail with the pet in it.
    A friend of mine who is a pet collector, did a couple of AVs without getting the pet. She didn't wore the tabard because she didn't like the colors - so I told her to wear it while doing a BG.. which she did, and there you go; she got her pet right after that.
    I had that happen when grinding for the pet on a Hunter. Mage got the pet on the 2nd BG win, but wasn't wearing the tabard (And never will :P), but the Hunter took quite a few goes, and was only after the time I wore the tabard the mail with the pet was sent. Likely a bad case of coincidences, tho'.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

You can get this on your level 10 bankers/alts

http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?im...8102728xw8.jpg

Is the tabard and pet permenent?