How to fix shields

I had a thought on how to fix PW:S for tanks... feedback is of course always appreciated!

change the current talent Improved Power Word: Shield from 5%/10%/15% increase to damage absorbed to something like this:

Increases 3%/7%/10% damage absorbed, and 1%/2%/3% of damage absorbed is returned as rage/mana/runic power/energy to the target.

So, for example, a normally 2000 point shield would be 2200, and would give a tank 66 rage after all the shield was absorbed. Not a ton, but it would quit the "Stop shielding me" whine.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How to fix shields

Nice idea. I like it. Didn't do the math, but doesn't seem that imbalanced unless the mana returns could be higher then cost of shield.

which it very well might get noting that spellpower scales with the dmg absorbed

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Nice idea. I like it. Didn't do the math, but doesn't seem that imbalanced unless the mana returns could be higher then cost of shield.
    Well, at a 3% return, you'd have to either be heavy Disc (for Rapture) or have a TON of spellpower...

Nice idea, i mean it gives alot of rage,runepower and energy and thats nice ( I mean we have seen rogue tanks aswell so the extra energy will help them keep aggro) but the mana regain aint that much so it will get OP.

It might need some balance of some sort, but the thought is nice.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard allready mentioned somewhere that they would look into the whole rage / threat generation with shields, and in last case they would make some glyph to counter it. But that idea is nice too.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.