Poll: Do you think the GM is a retard?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thori'dal, give to .. A ROGUE?

did anyone read this?

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/08/07...arious-legend/

i just thought it was fucking incredible AND ridiculous on the guild leader's part

basically

1. Legendary Bow drops. Yay cheers
    2. GM gives it to a rogue over 2 hunters that needed upgrades. WTF?!?!?
    3. Rogue already has twin blades
    4. GM's excuse - the rogue has been raiding with us for ages and is like really loyal.
    5. Other "loyal" guildies try to justify it on WoW forums whilst 5 million or more people hunters and non hunters flame them

here is the thread on official forums:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

if i were the hunter i would just gquit the minute i see the rogue get it

look at the amazing dps on the bow compared to those from KJ or Illidan.. THATS A MASSIVE DPS INCREASE
    i still cant get over how amazingly stupid the GM was

sure loyalty is nice but this is just taking it to the level of ridiculous

Re: Thori'dal, give to .. A ROGUE?

Obviously in their guild, loyalty prevails of raid damage. I don't see why everyone in the entire wow community is making a project out of the whole thing. Also noted, that one of the hunters has the bow already and they have downed him multiple times. The bow will drop again and it will go to the next hunter next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Idt

look at the amazing dps on the bow compared to those from KJ or Illidan.. THATS A MASSIVE DPS INCREASE
    i still cant get over how amazingly stupid the GM was
    True, the increase is massive, but you can't use outside ammunition for it. It creates its own. So you're basically packaging the ammo's dps in with the bow's dps..

If you take the bow off the twins, that's like a 98 dps bow, + the 50 dps arrows from Hyjal rep you're looking at like 150ish dps right there, so the dps on the bow itself isn't -that- much higher.

On the other hand, the speed on the bow is 2.70 which SCREAMS Beast Mastery, which is a lot of Hunters' raiding spec.. So yeah, even though it's only a 10 dps increase over the 3.00 speed of the bow that drops off the twins, the .3 increase in speed minimizes downtime between your steady shot and auto shot, which increases your dps significantly.

Anyway, I digress. If the Rogue had any fucking sense, he'd have rejected that bow to one of the hunters. Adding a third legendary to your repitoire isn't worth fucking over 2 guildies IMO, but hey, some people's priorities are different. I bet that rogue would have been crying if a warrior got the Twin Blades of Azzinoth over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch
    Obviously in their guild, loyalty prevails of raid damage. I don't see why everyone in the entire wow community is making a project out of the whole thing. Also noted, that one of the hunters has the bow already and they have downed him multiple times. The bow will drop again and it will go to the next hunter next time.
    well if it was going to drop again why not give it to the 2 hunters first? thats just really stupid thinking on the GMs part and if your agree then grats you probably ARE the GM

also note that both hunters in the raid did NOT have the bow

If the rogue made every raid for the history of the guild, he deserves it. If the hunters flake out and make it whenever they want to (i.e not very often), the rogue deserves the bow. Anyway, 99% of the people who QQ are probably in the huntard category and would not understand this. And at the end of the day, it wasn't you who got denied the bow, so it doesn't really matter. It is amazing, it looks amazing, it shoots its own amazing arrows (amgz amazing). Loyalty gets rewarded, as shown here. Besides, it is unlikely that they will never see another bow between now and November.

Edit: Throwing in another 'Who Cares'?

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden

Anyway, I digress. If the Rogue had any fucking sense, he'd have rejected that bow to one of the hunters. Adding a third legendary to your repitoire isn't worth fucking over 2 guildies IMO, but hey, some people's priorities are different. I bet that rogue would have been crying if a warrior got the Twin Blades of Azzinoth over him.
    I agree, I would have given the bow up & a rogue crying over a warrior getting Twin Blades of Azzinoth. Its just as good for them as it is for a rogue.

i was just gonna mention that..

maybe nihilum became one of the worst guilds in the world because they gave twin blades to rogues first..

oh wait... they were one of the BEST guilds in the world because they DIDNT give it to a warrior

Oh and just to compare the two sunwell ranged weapons and the stats the rogue would benefit from:

Golden Bow of Quel'thalas (epic bow off twins)
    18 agility
    175 armour ignore
    34ap

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury (legendary bow)
    17 agility
    112 armour ignore
    34ap
    0.70% crit

So in changing from one bow to the other he gets:

-1 agility
    -63 armour ignore
    +0.70% crit (well slightly less due to the loss of 1 agility)

Its a marginal upgrade at best for a melee class compared with what the hunter gains:

epic bow - 97.3dps
    legendary bow - 162.8dps

Now ammo dps is included in the legendary bows dps (since it uses no ammo) hence its massively increased dps. However the steady shot mechanic does not include ammo dps in its calculation. Therefore the steady shot damage, which is 2/3 of a hunter's dps makeup (pet not included), would go up be a HUGE amount when using this bow as it is calculated from the bows dps alone.

In short as I said above........FAIL.
    Quoted from my Ex GM, and full t6 Hunter.

maybe nihilum became one of the worst guilds in the world because they gave twin blades to rogues first..

oh wait... they were one of the BEST guilds in the world because they DIDNT give it to a warrior
    They are one of the best guilds in the world because they are good at what they do. Not because of glaives, but then again you could be talking sarcastic ???

Quote Originally Posted by grenalden
    True, the increase is massive, but you can't use outside ammunition for it. It creates its own. So you're basically packaging the ammo's dps in with the bow's dps..

If you take the bow off the twins, that's like a 98 dps bow, + the 50 dps arrows from Hyjal rep you're looking at like 150ish dps right there, so the dps on the bow itself isn't -that- much higher.

On the other hand, the speed on the bow is 2.70 which SCREAMS Beast Mastery, which is a lot of Hunters' raiding spec.. So yeah, even though it's only a 10 dps increase over the 3.00 speed of the bow that drops off the twins, the .3 increase in speed minimizes downtime between your steady shot and auto shot, which increases your dps significantly.
    Ok fist off the is a little something about hunters yous should know,SS is based off wep damage.Therefore without the arrows your hitting for a lot harded with ss.
    Also it's bs that this was given to a rouge over 2 hunters but with the fairly high drop rate (15% i believe) is not as bad as say... giving a galive too a hunter (yes i know they can't use it) but you have to rember its also best inslot for touges i believe.

I'm fairly sure that had nothing to do with getting one of the first world kills of every sunwell boss.

So i take it the GMs logic was to give the bow to the most loyal person who is able to equip it.

They are one of the best guilds in the world because they are good at what they do. Not because of glaives, but then again you could be talking sarcastic ???
    i am..

my point is, giving thori'dal to a rogue is like giving a twin blades to a warrior over a rogue. im betting that the rogue who got the bow would be QQ-ing his head off if a warrior got the twin blades due to the warrior being "loyal"

maybe its partially blizzards fault for assuming that no one would be as stupid as to give a legendary BOW to another class over hunters thus not putting the class require as: hunter only

Who cares? Its their guild. They earned it. They decide who gets the loot.

This should have been the last post of the thread.

i am..

my point is, giving thori'dal to a rogue is like giving a twin blades to a warrior over a rogue. im betting that the rogue who got the bow would be QQ-ing his head off if a warrior got the twin blades due to the warrior being "loyal"

maybe its partially blizzards fault for assuming that no one would be as stupid as to give a legendary BOW to another class over hunters thus not putting the class require as: hunter only
    I really don't like people that believe in gear preferences (few exceptions). Saying that is like saying ROGUES SHOULD GET THEIR TIER GEAR FIRST! If someone shows up to every raid with a good attitude, consumables, and knowledge of the content, he/she deserves a fair chance at everything that drops, even if another class could make a slightly (or significantly) better use of the item. The fact is dps meters aren't everything, warriors contribute a lot to raids through shouts, blood frenzy, etc.

/End rant.

i am..

Comparing a rogue getting Thori'dal over a hunter to a warrior getting warglaives over a rogue is silly.

and honestly its ten times worse than that, because at least a warrior would use the glaives (melee weapons) to melee.

I cant believe the GM is actually defending himself on this decision

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin
    Who cares? Its their guild. They earned it. They decide who gets the loot.
    Pretty much.

It's their loot it doesn't effect you.

Hilarious thread, especially the one linked on wowinsider.

I've never seen so many condescending, self-righteous(and yet self-loathing), douchebags weep so visibly.

I especially love all the people bashing this rogue sneakily turning the argument into a "giving loot to my buddiez" argument based on 100% speculation.

At the end of the day, people are so ridiculously strung out on World of Warcraft, they imagine themselves, (probably 3 tiers ahead of where they actually are, with no actual insight into private guild matters, or even basic understanding of fights at the bleeding edge of WoW content) not getting the ITEMS THEY DESERVE, and they get angry about it. And it's bizarre.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the rogue is a little ridiculous to roll on it, but it's really quite irrelevant. Especially this late in the expansion. Anyone who is threatening to /gquit over one item is a waste of time, space, and effort.