Thread: 0/13/58

0/13/58

Pure ownage.

Frostbolt, icelance, CoC... all will have 60% (70% CoC!), 15% chance to freeze target in place, 10% chance to treat target as frozen for next spell, 10% chance to stun target.

And all this is just for casting regular damage spells. Add on quick frost novas, ranged frost novas, frost novas when ice barrier breaks, and a 5 second stun for more CC... buffed ice barrier plus icy veins for casting even on melees/hunters... some protection against excessive interrupts/silences...

Wow.

Re: 0/13/58

Blizzard has finally made the frost tree viable for raiding. I don't know if frost mages will be using frost lance in that mix up. I was thinking a frostbolt spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Okoto
    and the funny thing is that mages will still suck in arena b/c of LOS.

hahahahah
    I doubt that. You'll be stunlocked for 10 seconds because of the Rogue partner and we'll pound away! While your partner is cc'd.

Then if needed... The Mage can stun you for 5 seconds. So now you have to deal with a even longer stunlock. If your team is 2 dps, your dead at this point. If it's you and a healer. Counterspell will buy us another 8 seconds. =)

Einzeidrei, I'd suggest going into the Arcane tree rather than Fire. Interrupts and Silences arn't that common, generally speaking they have a long cooldown. Plus, it doesn't stop spell push back.

Arcane buffs for PvP:

Also 80+ resistance is good. Without it, you'll be destroyed by warlocks and if you use Mage Armor their DoTs will only be in half time, having resistance also forces your opponent to stack penetration. Plus you get more armor, silence, dampen magic is imp'd, arcane range is increased, if you resist a spell you gain 2% mana, 30% change to not have buffs dispelled, counterspell hit rating capped, increased crit chance for Ice Lance, CoC, and Fire Blast, +10 damage for 1 min.

While at the same time, still receiving all the benefits of Frost.

19/0/52:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00232152201341

Or if you want, another good spec would be to lose the Deep Freeze and pick up PoM in Arcane. Perfect for casting insant Frostbolt when the target is low on hp.

I put 3/3 into Blizzard, but I don't see the company improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    Pure ownage.

Frostbolt, icelance, CoC... all will have 60% (70% CoC!), 15% chance to freeze target in place, 10% chance to treat target as frozen for next spell, 10% chance to stun target.

And all this is just for casting regular damage spells. Add on quick frost novas, ranged frost novas, frost novas when ice barrier breaks, and a 5 second stun for more CC... buffed ice barrier plus icy veins for casting even on melees/hunters... some protection against excessive interrupts/silences...

Wow.
    No. First, you completely leave out Arcane Subtlety, for 30% dispel resistance. Second, most people initially feel that the new impact will be amazing to pick up as deep frost pvp. Unfortunately, for serious pvp I don't want my random spells triggering DRs on any of my partner's stuns or (even worse imo) my own deep freeze's stun. I'd rather spend the 6 extra points (3 from impact and 3 from w/e in the tier before) elsewhere in the frost tree.