Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fury build. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aust
    Titan's Grip doesn't change hit rating needs at all. Hit rating is incredibly valuable for current fury warriors, giving them the rage to spam Heroic Strike, as well as not wasting the five points you invested in Dual Wield Specialization.

Slam resetting your swing timer poses problems when dual wielding, and a point in Bloodsurge just cannot compete with +1% damage, which is where that point would come from.
    There's a reason fury warriors rock ~200 hit rating, because 90 is the cap for yellow damage (talented), and they attack fast enough to never really go out of rage. While a miss chain can lead to raid starvation for TG.

The best fury warrior, Raindain (in my opinion...) only rocks 150 or so hit rating (or around 300 hit rating at 80 to keep same %'s), so it is not really even needed at sunwell levels with one handers! This shouldn't change much when warriors hit level 80, with the windfury change and abundance of haste rating. I know as soon as WotLK or 3.0 hits I'll have the capability to achieve 30% haste (20% from the totem, around 10~% from gear) at level 70, and even with my pathetic amount of hit I *hope* I don't get starved. I have no idea how haste works with the -20% swing speed debuff but I imagine my speed would be around 3.2 with a 3.6 weapon. I already use a 2.8 one hander so I doubt I'll notice much of a difference in raids... solo is an entirely different type of animal.

As to bloodsurge resetting the swing timer... I've heard from a variety of trusted sources that claim it doesn't, but I've also heard the reverse. Just to clarify, I've edited my other post with the correct talent build (other one didn't reset for some reason...).

Yes, and a chain of misses with 2.6 speed weapons also starves you of rage, nothing changes.

People are talking about how attack power scales with 2 handers, could someone explain that? If attack power scales poorly with a slower weapon, wouldn't fury warriors want two fast weapons, like 1.6 speed? How is going from 2.6 to 4.3 any different than 1.6 to 2.6?

I do see one disadvantage with Titan's Grip, as it relates to Heroic Strike. Currently, spamming Heroic Strike is a way to burn excess rage (and in early Tier 6 content, there is no shortage of rage trust me). The huge rage cost of a Heroic Strike with a 4.3 speed weapon I could easily see interfering with my rotation. However! this might be a good thing, as fury is currently an unskilled button mashing process, and Titan's Grip may require some thought so as to optimally time Heroic Strikes.

Lastly, Titan's Grip is gonna be soooo much fun on my female Gnome!!! I know I will certainly enjoy suiciding in the BG's with whirlwind, just like Arcane Blast with mages xD

Green, I disagree with your above posted Fury build. Improved Heroic Strike is better than Deflection; that last point in Furious Resolve = +3% damage for me; and with Titan's Grip your Whirlwinds become huge, and 1 point in Improved Whirlwind is a huge boost to your rotation.

I have personally always been a fan of Precision, as a personal preference I hate those moments of "dammit gimmee some rage!"

As to Bloodsurge, to me it represents a free Slam every 15 seconds (6 second cooldown on Bloodthirst remember), and it that resets my swing timer, I will pass on it. However, I will have to spec into it at 80 to try it out.

The Fury tree sure is bloated

Really the Fury spec's shouldn't be changing at all, all additional points should be thrown in. Titan's Grip will be most effective in the Main Hand, and with a fast off-hand to generate Rage. Heroic Leap, well we'll see how that works. I really don't like the additional 10% threat reduction, its not needed I think, that or take the threat reduction out of Imp Zerker Stance and replace it with additional Crit Chance.

Blessing of Salvation does not exist in WLK, so the extra threat reduction can't be all that bad.

As for why Titan's Grip sucks at the moment, is because of the way the dps gain from AP is calculated. Basically, the AP contribution to your DPS doesn't include the 20% attack speed penalty you get from the talent, and since the dps a warrior gains from AP is actually much higher than what your weapons have (my warrior for example has ~140 DPS from AP -UNBUFFED- and well over 250 raidbuffed), your total damage with Titan's Grip is going to be lower than that of a warrior using onehanders.

Any fury warrior who rejects a threat reduction has never seriously raided. The good raiding Fury warrior is one who is aware of his/her threat level, and with proper gear that level will be riding your tanks threat hard.

Aust; I don't think heroic strike will be heavily used in rotations with tg, it really depends on how much rage we generate and when, and in that case I'd change points around a little . A point in improved whirlwind nets about 0.66 of a whirlwind every minute and I have never really got the full benefit of this in my rotation because I am an oceanic player (500 ping ftw!).

Hypothetical: You crit with bloodthirst on 70 rage, and theirfore have 40 left. Bloodsurge procs and you can unload 2 slams. 2 seconds left on bloodsurge and only one of your auto-attacks hit, and you can unload another. Using bloodthirst at around 60-70 rage or using it as soon as you hit 30, then have auto attacks land, seems common enough to me in raid situations, and it may even happen 4, 5, 6 times in a minute. This equates to a lot of 'free' slams a minute (assuming the swing timer doesn't reset).

Full zerker stance talent (10%), 8% from that other talent and tranquil air totem (20%) seems good enough to me... If your somehow breaking aggro I doubt that extra 4% is going to do much to help, although you could probably take points out of something else and dump it into furious resolve if you wanted to.

Green, I am sleepy but you are talking about multiple slam's; Bloodsurge gives you one free slam only, so maybe 6 per minute if your Bloodthirst crits 50% of the time.

But I can't really comment on Bloodsurge yet because off how it will interrupt the off-hand swing. Until that is resolved, its all up in the air. However, to me what you are saying is maybe to lean towards an Imp Slam build instead of Heroic Strike? Imp Heroic Strike is important when off-tanking.

Eh, my bad. I thought the tooltip read 'reduces the swing time of your slams by 100% for the next 5 seconds' or something along those lines. Kind of confuzzled now, the extra dps that grants is minimal but it's still borderline, almost, sort of, maybe worth taking. Maybe 4 or 5 slams a minute at best, I would definately spec for it if it struck with both hands. Again it's all speculation about how bloodsurge works so maybe I'll just wait and see how it plays out.

I don't think imp hs will have such a big importance when oting now that all warriors have shield slam, but we'll just wait and see 8).

Titan's Grip doesn't change hit rating needs at all. Hit rating is incredibly valuable for current fury warriors, giving them the rage to spam Heroic Strike, as well as not wasting the five points you invested in Dual Wield Specialization.

Slam resetting your swing timer poses problems when dual wielding, and a point in Bloodsurge just cannot compete with +1% damage, which is where that point would come from.
    there is no such problem if u r taking 5 pts in TG as both weapons got the same speed (v. v. v. slow)
    it is even work with imp. slam in the TG build now juz like how the PVE ARMS now playing

btw, bloodsurge maybe worthwhile if ur gear is so freaking great as extra dps (juz hit slam when ur autoattack has juz made)

atm, the pve fury spec for me is 21/51 if TG is useful (probably yes with a gd crit rate + haste gear)http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12053110501050

Ok Under, let me look at your level 80 Fury build in the proper thread.

What I see in your build is a nice hybrid between tanking non-heroic 5 man's, and dps while out grinding. However, I did not enjoy such a hybrid build last year at level 70, as end game instances become more challenging and start to require an actual prot warrior, and while raiding as Fury I refuse to compromise my dps with tanking talents.

For level 70-79 however when wotlk arrives a hybrid build I think is ideal.

Enough, edit your posting please. You don't have Titan's Grip but are spec'd for Two-Handers
    done, thz
    didnt realise it

Enough, looking at your talent suggestion I see several errors.

1) Bloodletting > Deflection
    2) That third point in Improved Heroic Strike > Deflection
    3) If you are raiding then Furious Resolve will be a must have, so I would swap your Improved Execute Points into Furious Resolve.

****** Ok, I just had this thought: a lot of my Fury threat is from spamming Heroic Strike, with Titan's Grip the frequency of such spammage will certainly drop, lowering a Fury warriors threat? Will have to wait for level 80 to come around /sigh.

Ok, I just had this thought: a lot of my Fury threat is from spamming Heroic Strike, with Titan's Grip the frequency of such spammage will certainly drop, lowering a Fury warriors threat? Will have to wait for level 80 to come around /sigh.
    You don't need to be 80 to realize that slow weapons generate less threat than fast weapons with HS, it has always been like that.

Has anyone watched Serennia's movie about TG, you would know that with S4 + S3 2h'ed maces, he has no rage generation. It lacks a ton of rage, why? Spiked rage is bad, 1 miss, means you are drained of rage until next swing. Constant rage is where its at, 2.6 speed weapons atm even spike too much, that is why some of the bets dps warriors in the game still use a fast offhand, for the constant rage increase, so they dont have to worry about spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Has anyone watched Serennia's movie about TG, you would know that with S4 + S3 2h'ed maces, he has no rage generation. It lacks a ton of rage, why? Spiked rage is bad, 1 miss, means you are drained of rage until next swing. Constant rage is where its at, 2.6 speed weapons atm even spike too much, that is why some of the bets dps warriors in the game still use a fast offhand, for the constant rage increase, so they dont have to worry about spikes.
    Using 1 2h and 1 1h weapon is sort of bad, because your 1h weapon will still hit 20% slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    Using 1 2h and 1 1h weapon is sort of bad, because your 1h weapon will still hit 20% slower.
    That is a really good point. If you are rage starved because of misses, get more hit rating duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    They only use a fast offhand if they have warglaives so they can get the set bonus.

Only reason to use fast weapons is during execute range because you want to keep your executes as close on the 15 rage basic cost as possible.