Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Alubob

How to get a quick GM response

I ment to post this months ago after it happened but got side tracked.. just remembered..had screenies once but they lost in the pit of my computer

I was in Arca doing daily heroic and we died on last guy (yeah i know.. no comment)... then we tried again and he bugged on us, the 3rd mini boss wouldnt come out of his holding cell it just froze.. so we tried everything.. all leaving.. reforming etc.. prob was its a heroic so its saved for 24 hours.. so after much messing about i petitioned a GM.. i cant remember the exact message but was something like

We are currently stuck on the lack boss in heroic Arcatraz, the 3rd mini boss wont leave his holding cell and we are unable to proceed with the instance and are all waiting to finish the heroic, we wiped once on the boss and when we tried again the boss wouldnt spawn correctly, i would appreciate your assitance and help as soon as possible, thank you...
    something like that.. formal.. polite.. tells him what he needs to know.. (even remember adding in certain words like "stuck" and "help" in case they use some kind of filter thing for more important messages)

30 minutes went by... nothing.. so our healer (who is female, yes i have pics, spoken to on mobile, have number etc etc.. yes i know.. worth making a post about in its self. female.. on wow.. any way ..) said they would send a petition as well as they can always get GMs to speak to them...

10 minutes later i am still waiting.. our healer tells me they got a GM speaking to them.. after much 2 way conversation we found out all the GM claimed they could do was reset arca (which none of us wanted to do as it wasnt the smoothest of runs and some of us had things IRL to get on with by now) so we left it at that and decided to call it... i then asked over msn what she had asked gm she said (again cant remember but rough idea)

Heyaaaaaaaa!!!!

We are stuck in this dungeon and need your helps please!!!!!!!!

if you come soon i will give you loads of hugs and kisses

Mwahh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    i then get a tell from a GM after about 50 minutes of waiting!....

i get told same thing about it.. informed them that other GM had already told me that, and why did it take them so long to reply... by this time am not too happy that it only took 10 minutes for 1 gm to arrive and this one took either 50 minutes or 20 minutes (if you look at it from when the healer pet) so i keep asking questions like "So how come you took 50 minutes to arrive yet my friend who petitioned only took 10 minutes?" and they kept giving me the typical robotic answers "i am sorry i cant help you with that" and i kept on and on rephrasing it to them (careful to still remain polite.. last thing i want is a ban) they then told me they didnt know the GM i am talking abouts name.. no problem i said and instantly gave them the name, i then got a "Anything else i can help you with?" and i started on again "no not unless you can give me the 50 minutes of my life back" the gm replied "if your asking if i can turn back time.. then no sorry i cant do that"... to which point i laughed so much i just gave up he/she wasnt going to give me an answer... took down the names and went to make a official complaint.. but by then i had totally calmed down and decided i wasnt mean enough to cause a GM trouble at work

so any way... how do u get quick tickets? act like a girl and simplify your message like a newbie

Re: How to get a quick GM response

Well, normaly i try to stay polite, and provide as much informations as possible.
    I think i've never waited longer than 30 minutes.

I think its a matter of luck. I have had GM tickets answered in 5m as well as tickets that never were addressed in proper time (so got the standard mail the next day).
    My tickets are usually like yours: polite, with the essential and without the muchie crap
    It also as to do with the day of the week and time (they seem more responsive at night and weekends) and maybe with the type of ticket assuming each GM as a particular area coverage (harrassment, spam, quests bugs, etc)

That said don't let that incident prevent you from opening more tickets, it's a big game it's normal that you don't get an answer in due time (and you'll always feel like they never got to you when you needed them the most) many times.

I fell through Thunder Bluff once.. Took 3hours before they beamed me back to life
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

keep msg as short and as possible

wot crits for real high numbas on gm's

Im always saying this: Hellow, i really need your help it is urgent.

Thank you.

And they are responding like in 2- 5 min

My wife fell through burning steppes once on her troll rogue and ended up stuck, floating above the zone, very very slowly drifting. Petition took approximately 8 hours to receive a reply. By the time they did, they offered to res her in ironforge, they assumed she was alliance since she was by then, floating over dun morogh.

Approximately a week later, she came back from afk to find that some guy had /emoted a blowjob on her. Her petition was answered, and the guy was banned in under 15 minutes.

Only the first scenario demanded immediate attention, but only the second got it. Why?
    No one is going to quit the game because they got stuck under the world, but someone might quit because they were sexually harassed and felt Blizzard didn't care.

I believe it has to do with the topic of your report, like Nafun said. Generally it takes me hours to get answered, but once in trade chat (of course) there was some idiot spamming racist comments.. I finally reported him, and within under half a minute I had a response. They're quick to jump at chances to ban people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeljester
    I believe it has to do with the topic of your report, like Nafun said. generally it takes me hours to get answered, but once in trade chat (of course) there was some idiot spamming racist comments.. finally reported him, within under half a minute I had a response. they're quick to jump at chances to ban people.
    well wow is 12+. blizzard would have really big problems if they didnt deal with all this racist / sexual content fast. otherwise they get fined or are forced to raise minimum age. that hurts much more than bunch of ppl in bugged instance or falling through the ground
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

The key is information ^_^ That requires generally that you know exactly what information is needed. Like for an item swap, they like to know who was involved, by char name, what time/date the item dropped, what mob it dropped from, what instance you were in and what you'd like doing with the item. They also require that the "other party" involved put in a similarly detailed ticket, and generally they'll just go bish bash bosh, and transfer the item - I've done this a few times - because I know someone who's a GM and she told me exactly what information GMs need in order to facilitate an item transfer - Knowledge is power

Getting a GM to reply really has nothing to do with what you put in your message. Of course it helps to be polite and describe your problem exactly, as this will speed the process up. With the amount of people playing WoW and the amount making tickets its no wonder that sometimes they will be busy and you'll have longer wait times.

Just last Friday i made a ticket because someone was unable to loot during a raid. It took Blizzard more or less over an hour to respond. After that i made another ticket for some other reason (i forget what) and a GM replied in less than a minute. It all boils down to how busy they are i would think.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted

Every single GM ticket made gets thrown in the queue. No matter what the category is, no matter what words you used, no matter what gender you claim to be,...

The queue is undiscriminating, it favors nothing but the time your ticket was made on.

Probably your healer had made that ticket as soon as the encounter bugged instead of after attempting several options. That's why she was ahead of you in the queue. If then other people had made tickets that required more time from GM's in between her ticket and yours, that could very well explain the extra waiting on your part.

The response time of a ticket depends on the time of day, and the amount of tickets in queue. One example of a busy time is from 22:00 till midnight. Raiding guilds typically end their raids then, and - as we all know - mistakes happen with the master loot system. You'll typically see an increase in Master Loot tickets at that time, which results in a longer queue time for all tickets.

I once had a ticket open for 3 days. Yes 3 whole days before I got any response from a GM. We had a similar situation happen to our group - dungeon boss bugged

you could always insult someone in the group with N-word and get him reporting you... gets you guranteed answer quick and then he just drops charges and voilà you got gm speaking. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Every single GM ticket made gets thrown in the queue. No matter what the category is, no matter what words you used, no matter what gender you claim to be,...

The queue is undiscriminating, it favors nothing but the time your ticket was made on.

Probably your healer had made that ticket as soon as the encounter bugged instead of after attempting several options. That's why she was ahead of you in the queue. If then other people had made tickets that required more time from GM's in between her ticket and yours, that could very well explain the extra waiting on your part.

The response time of a ticket depends on the time of day, and the amount of tickets in queue. One example of a busy time is from 22:00 till midnight. Raiding guilds typically end their raids then, and - as we all know - mistakes happen with the master loot system. You'll typically see an increase in Master Loot tickets at that time, which results in a longer queue time for all tickets.
    this surely is not true. my friend had to wait for 40 mins for gm ticket when i got serviced in 2 between that when i needed to change wrong piece of arena gear. ^^

It all comes down to the area you petition under. "stuck" "player issues" and some of the others will be handled in a less timely fashion in comparison to the "abuse" or "harassement" filings. This is because those are more "urgent" player concerns, and have a direct impact on Blizzards bottom line. I mean think about it...

If player A gets stuck on the zepplin between Org, and UC, or bugs out on a gryphon in SW, and their hearth is on CD. That is a minor inconvenience compared to some scrub player calling someone some *insert racial slur here*. The person who was on the recieving end of said racial slur might delete account, lambaste Blizzard for not holding up to the ToS (I believe there's a section about proper dealings with harassment), or even go as far as shotgunning Blizzard HQ (doubtful, but people always thought the post office was safe too). Point is this. Dealing with the harassment/ abuse petitions to a GM is more important then the "OMG I'm stuck without a hearth".

i believe that person who was stuck on zep would be more eager to shotgun blizz hq than person which was cursed at by some other player. the reason why blizz reacts fast to all this racial stuff is law - the game is supposed to be clean of those and so blizz must get rid of it fast.

Edit: Please do not quote the poster right above you. Quote does not equal "Reply". Grimlor
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Alubob

looking at these responses i agree they seem to react more to abuse and racism faster than general game problems... kinda understandable.. but to me it also seems the more "newbish" you seem the more likely they are to help

some one who writes a petition and sounds like they done one too many hours in wow isnt going to can his subscription over one issue

some one who sounds like they just logged in is more likely to say "ahh cant be bothered with this game" and quit

so basically the more devoted and knowledgable you are the less likely you are to be seen to.... thats my take on it any way, works same with RL, take your ISP.. they offer new people insentives to join "free <insert high price item here> when u sign up for a year"... what do u get for 3 years with them? nothing.. just a recouring bill..

answers? move on hehe

Wow and then like a piece of shit you say it agian, Your pretty fail at life there buddy. MMO-Champ needs to clean up their boards.

Edit: Removed quote of above post. Grimlor
    *80 Rogue*-Us,Thrall
    *80 Druid*-Us,Thrall

*Mage*- WoW's Betty Crocker

This happend to me 6 months before BC.

I once ran past the stocades in Stormwind and without clicking the meeting stone i was put in the looking for group thing. The only thing i could do was to group up with someone from the guild, but every time i went online or the group of mine got disbanded i was automaticly put into the LFG for stocades. I reported the bug to blizzard after 2 day's i didn't get any reply. Then someting nice happend, one of the low level players reported me for rude behavior against the players of the group (stocades). i got a 3 houre ban about 30min after i left that group for the stocades.

The next day i came online and my ticket was still open. I then wrote a other ticket about a player in trade spamming stuff, 10min later i get a reply, i also explain my biggest problem and 2 min later my LFG problem was solved. In total it took 4 day's to a problem that was solved in 2 min.