Deleted

Mind Flay - Still 20 yards base?

I read somewere in early alpha notes, that Mind Flay was made 30 yards base to stop SPs being out ranged. But in all the skills on the offical site and here on MMO, it has 20 yards base in its tool-tip. Can anyone playing the beta tell me what the base range of Mind Flay currently is?

If they put it back to 20 yards that seriously sucks ass. Back to being out rangedin PvP and haveing to stand inside of boss AOE range again in PvE.. prince anyone.

Re: Mind Flay - Still 20 yards base?

it was 30 yards in the first talent calculator posted...but they reversed it..my guess is it was a mistake on their part...i hope they change it back to 30 or even 24 would be nice (that would make it ~29 with the shadow reach talent), but theres a new glyph that increases MF range by 5% and takes away the snare effect, and ppl say its going to up the dmg coeff from +spellpower...that would be kickass for raids and dungeons (not sure so cool for world pve, as i use it for the slowing effect.)

time will tell.

cheers

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'll like to see 1 of the 2 things with mind flay:

1. Increase the baseline range of Mind Flay

OR

2. Make an "improved mind flay" in the shadow tree increasing the range and dmg done.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    I'll like to see 1 of the 2 things with mind flay:

1. Increase the baseline range of Mind Flay

OR

2. Make an "improved mind flay" in the shadow tree increasing the range and dmg done.
    OR

3. Chain Mind Flay

Nope we got a lame glyp that increase it by 5 yards but takes off the slowing effect on the target pure fail on both sides, ok for pve sucks for pvp, blizz just dont know what direction they want sp's to go if you ask me. Yeah i am one of those who think dispersion sucks for a 51 point talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    Nope we got a lame glyph that increase it by 5 yards but takes off the slowing effect on the target pure fail on both sides, ok for pve sucks for pvp, blizzard just don't know what direction they want shadow priest's to go if you ask me. Yeah i am one of those who think dispersion sucks for a 51 point talent.
    why is this fail?
    its pretty obvious its meant for pve so you can get a little farther away from all the damage.
    and in pvp 5 yards dosn't do much and removing slow is bad.
    use a different glyph for pvp and don't complain that not everything has 2 uses

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    OR

3. Chain Mind Flay
    Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    why is this fail?
    its pretty obvious its meant for pve so you can get a little farther away from all the damage.
    and in pvp 5 yards dosn't do much and removing slow is bad.
    use a different glyph for pvp and don't complain that not everything has 2 uses
    I challenge you or anyone to pick ANY 6 glyphs out of that list that are more than mediocre at best
    and then realise, out of the 6 you pick, it will be very likely that at least 4 of them will be greater glyphs, which will force you to choose only 2 out of them.

Unless there are non class specific glyphs, i honestly dont see how i could possibly fill every glyph spot on the spell book page

if removing snare changes mindflay spell coed as i think it will then it is good. Mindflay is purefail in pvp already snare that doesnt allow yourself move and if you try to mindflay druids they just shift out of it... it will be actually better without snare if they give even itsy bitsy dmg increase without snare