Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Mana Batteries-Frost Mage or SPriest?

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    are you roll playing or just bad at english?
    FFS - it's ROLE playing. (pot...Kettle)

Mana regen may will be a pretty big issue - looking at pot sickness

And given the amount that Blizz people have said they are trying to break raid dependancy on specific classes I think it is likely a variety of classes will have similar functions depending on how they spec. It's all about not having to go recruit another 3 players even though you have 3 guys available but not suitable.

The only problem I can see is making sure the right people turn up with the spec needed on the night - a much easier fixed issue to be sure.

Personally i hope if this is the way they gonna go they just would dumb the 2% manaregen part and give something close to irrecaple in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    Considering that vampiric touch is nerfed by 60% of it's current state in BC... down to 2%..
    seriously? QQ

depending on how much dps they put out shadow priests will almost be useless compared the the class's rigged to % mana regen

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Personally i hope if this is the way they gonna go they just would dumb the 2% manaregen part and give something close to irrecaple in return.
    hmmm idk about you but, i still want VT

seriously? QQ

depending on how much dps they put out shadow priests will almost be useless compared the the class's rigged to % mana regen

Since when was stating direct facts from the beta QQ'ing, as well as my experience from playing it?

Most overused phrase ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2

Since when was stating direct facts from the beta QQ'ing, as well as my experience from playing it?

Most overused phrase ever.
    that was me crying.

2 or 3 mages = perm 3% mp5

- oped -

Quote Originally Posted by morfez
    2 or 3 mages = perm 3% mp5

- oped -
    or you could bring 2-3 resto shamans or resto/ele hybrids and be set for life.

Gotta say im starting to feel the heat when unholy dk`s will replace misery with 9% debuff and its no secret that when you look wws reports SP`s are weakest dmg dealing class in game. Tbh i am afraid that if tanking dps goes up by great numbers we might be pathetically low on dmg meters which means there is not single reason to bring sp in raid when few mages can do everything better they do.

According to Blizz, shadow priests are returning the same relative amount of mana, so maybe we are not seeing adequate returns due to the fact that there are no 10 or 25 mans currently present to test, and the fact that we are weak on short fights doesn't help. They also haven't done anything about our inadequate DPS, so not sure about how reliable blue posts are on this subject, either... maybe they have some secret DPS maximizing rotation that no one has figured out yet... I'm not in beta, but shadow isn't looking to bad imo, and the general changes to spell mechanics are looking great. Maybe with end game gear, we'll see higher returns and better scaling, cuz Blizz apparently doesn't seem to see anything that needs fixing, due to the lack of change over the last 3 or so builds. I beg to differ though, but that's just my opinion, and once again I'm not in Beta. I would spec to maximize DPS and not worry too much about utility and meditation may no longer be necessary for end game with imp spirit tap, but that's still up in the air. Here is what my build will likely be with current talents. This spec is for both solo play and group play, trying to take elements that would help with both. Have max VE and Horror and Shadow Weaving, plus shadow weaving may need to be full because due to raidwide VT and nerf to mana return, there may only be 1 Spriest per raid.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305152501351

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Dalcybel

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia
    LMAO, but seriously, I think shadow preist will still generate the most mana, but a nice mix of all the mana generators would be best i think.
    Unless Blizzard loads every encounter so full of huge radius AE that a water elemental can't survive more than a few seconds, there is no chance that a shadow priest will restore more mana than the current version of the water elemental will... if for the simple fact than the water elemental affects the entire raid (meaning either 2 or 5 groups), while the shadowpriest affects just one group.

Aside from the number of groups affected though, I believe the amount of regen will be somewhat comprable.

It also pays to remember that the water elemental's regen is going to be faster when it IS out (3% of 12,000 mana every 5 seconds is 72 mps... a shadowpriest would need to sustain 3600 DPS to match that rate of regen), but it is not always out. This is a good thing, though, because it allows a mage to pop out extra mana regen when it is needed. A shadowpriest can only ever provide a steady rate of regen, whether the raid is all at full mana or all OOM.

Quote Originally Posted by sijmister
    According to Blizz, shadow priests are returning the same relative amount of mana, so maybe we are not seeing adequate returns due to the fact that there are no 10 or 25 mans currently present to test, and the fact that we are weak on short fights doesn't help. They also haven't done anything about our inadequate DPS, so not sure about how reliable blue posts are on this subject, either... maybe they have some secret DPS maximizing rotation that no one has figured out yet... I'm not in beta,  but shadow isn't looking to bad imo, and the general changes to spell mechanics are looking great. Maybe with end game gear, we'll see higher returns and better scaling, cuz Blizz apparently doesn't seem to see anything that needs fixing, due to the lack of change over the last 3 or so builds. I beg to differ though, but that's just my opinion, and once again I'm not in Beta. I would spec to maximize DPS and not worry too much about utility and meditation may no longer be necessary for end game with imp spirit tap, but that's still up in the air. Here is what my build will likely be with current talents. This spec is for both solo play and group play, trying to take elements that would help with both. Have max VE and Horror and Shadow Weaving, plus shadow weaving may need to be full because due to raidwide VT and nerf to mana return, there may only be 1 Spriest per raid.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...12305152501351
    we wont scale better with current mechanics. as soon there is something else than spell dmg on the gear its wasted stat for us. As for the utility its all we got, We even regen mana better than anybody or then we are healing if we want raidspots. I wouldnt take utility class with no utility and no dps if i could choose something better ^^

I`m pretty pissed with blizzards new design give every class utility but dont make em stack!!!! They dont seem to get that as soon you give some other class same utility with few improvements it is literally same as taking away the other classes utility. Skill was called utility becomes obsolete skill that doesnt do anything.

we wont scale better with current mechanics. as soon there is something else than spell dmg on the gear its wasted stat for us. As for the utility its all we got, We even regen mana better than anybody or then we are healing if we want raidspots. I wouldnt take utility class with no utility and no dps if i could choose something better ^^

I`m pretty pissed with blizzards new design give every class utility but dont make em stack!!!! They dont seem to get that as soon you give some other class same utility with few improvements it is literally same as taking away the other classes utility. Skill was called utility becomes obsolete skill that doesnt do anything.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/87655...sses-whut.html

According to Koraa in this post, we should still be best mana batteries in the game, and should have higher relative DPS, according to tests done by Blizz... hopefully we can trust the blue text and it isn't a load of BS to get us Spriests to STFU...

you mean shadow priest survival hunter and ret paladin right?
    you mean 2 frost mages and got nonstop 3% mana regen every 5 sec?

Wonder what they mean by relative dps? Relative to what?? our mana regen? basicly we got 3 changes to boost our dps now as in refreshing SWP/30% more spellpower from spirit which i would asume to be around 150-250 spell power depending of gear level and finally new innerfire for 200 spellpower. New shadowpower propably ends up being nerf compared to the old one with improves spirirt tap and and pain and suffering.

in nutshell

-crit is still crap
    -haste is still crap
    -cause of ebonplaguebringer misery is crap
    -shadowweaving is selfbuff after couple of tiers when locks decide to go destro.

looking pretty good if you ask me.

I don't know, the blue post doesn't provide any numbers, says that due to the increased dps output, they were seeing the same returns, so that would have to be a 60% increase in DPS, which, taking an average endgame priest, would take us from 1500-1600 T6 and T6.5 raid buffed to 2400-2560, which would be huge. hopefully, the talents will go live before WotLK comes out and we can see the results of tests from dedicated endgame priest from guilds like SKGaming and Nihilum, and some of the theorycrafters over at shadowpriest.com. Speaking of shadowpriest.com, there was a thread where they were discussing some talent/ mechanic ideas that would help us scale better with crit and haste, such as mind flay crits, or having mindflay increase the crit dmg/ crit chance of MB and SW: D, and things like that. hopefully they will be able to get their ideas organized and posted constructively on the beta site, and we will see some results. Or we could just wait and hope for a polish pass. Either way, i hope that the loss of 60% mana regen on VT will equal at least 60% DPS increase. Plus, if they work out stacking so that buffs from different classes stack, but not buffs from the same class, that would be great, because that would mean there will always be at least 1 spriest in every raid, and that would help other classes that aren't getting spots right now, too. I think Blizz is trying to take a step in the right direction by providing options in raid composition. I am taking a stance with the more moderate players right now who think that we will still have our place in raids and get more DPS.

at least what we are hearing from beta its no where close 60%. Ofc they havent been able to raid but really basicly all you get from raids is ISB anyways with few more spell dmg from buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by sijmister
    I don't know, the blue post doesn't provide any numbers, says that due to the increased dps output, they were seeing the same returns, so that would have to be a 60% increase in DPS, which, taking an average endgame priest, would take us from 1500-1600 T6 and T6.5 raid buffed to 2400-2560, which would be huge. hopefully, the talents will go live before WotLK comes out and we can see the results of tests from dedicated endgame priest from guilds like SKGaming and Nihilum, and some of the theorycrafters over at shadowpriest.com. Speaking of shadowpriest.com, there was a thread where they were discussing some talent/ mechanic ideas that would help us scale better with crit and haste, such as mind flay crits, or having mindflay increase the crit dmg/ crit chance of MB and SW: D, and things like that. hopefully they will be able to get their ideas organized and posted constructively on the beta site, and we will see some results. Or we could just wait and hope for a polish pass. Either way, i hope that the loss of 60% mana regen on VT will equal at least 60% DPS increase. Plus, if they work out stacking so that buffs from different classes stack, but not buffs from the same class, that would be great, because that would mean there will always be at least 1 spriest in every raid, and that would help other classes that aren't getting spots right now, too. I think Blizz is trying to take a step in the right direction by providing options in raid composition. I am taking a stance with the more moderate players right now who think that we will still have our place in raids and get more DPS.
    Didint some blue poster mention that we dont see similar abilitys stacking like retardins haste aura with new wf totem ect. If that will be the way we better regen some serious mana to compete against unholy dk and their 13% spell dmg increase against our 5% pitiful misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Didint some blue poster mention that we dont see similar abilitys stacking like retardins haste aura with new wf totem ect. If that will be the way we better regen some serious mana to compete against unholy dk and their 13% spell dmg increase against our 5% pitiful misery.
    I'm pretty sure that they said that they are still working it out, so that they can get balance with stacking without it creating extremely easy boss fights due to a crazy amount of debuffs. We'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

Idd not much else we can do. Just that im afraid shadowpriests are left in shadows in beta and when they finally realise we did really fuck this one up it takes the average 2 years to fix that into something reasonable and we are looking to get changes we need in 3rd expansion.