Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mana Batteries-Frost Mage or SPriest?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingcloud
    36% mana over 2.5 minutes is far less mana than a spriest gives, and probably even after the VT nerf. BUT if it effects that whole raid and not just the group it is freakishly op.
    its a raidwide :-\ . 3-4 frostmages with ele rotations eating my raidspot >
    Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    considering shadow priests in sunwell gear level put out around 2k dps
    = 1000 mp5
    Just a quick note, I belive the current dps world record for a shadowpriest on Brutallus is something like 1.9k. Saying they put out "around 2k dps" is something of laughable. That being said...shadowpriests are getting a huge buff to damage in WOTLK, as their utility is getting very slightly nerfed. Like someone else has said in this thread...blizzard is trying to make it so that you don't have to bring 3 shadowpriests to a raid so everyone doesn't go oom, there will be ret pallies, survival hunters, and frost mages now to act as batteries.

Shadowpriests are not getting replaced, my friends! They're merely getting more buddies to help the BATTERIES have some batteries....eh..yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by myarluu
    considering shadow priests in sunwell gear level put out around 2k dps
    = 1000 mp5

frost mage would just be like a mana tide totem and would not replace shadow priest
    This one made me giggle

both at Spriests doing 2000 DPS (Noone's broken 1800)

and at the 2:1 DPS to Mp5 ratio (Try 400)

Soo many classes are getting mana back capabilities so i doubt there will be one class that you HAVE to bring to keep your party topped with mana, it will come to down to who can DPS the best, and provide the same mana back as any of the other soon to be mana batteries.

yeah... wonder who it will be?

this was sarcasm btw ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Gotta say im starting to feel the heat when unholy dk`s will replace misery with 9% debuff and its no secret that when you look wws reports SP`s are weakest dmg dealing class in game. Tbh i am afraid that if tanking dps goes up by great numbers we might be pathetically low on dmg meters which means there is not single reason to bring sp in raid when few mages can do everything better they do.
    Spriests are NOT the weakest damage dealing classes in the game, Spriests dont do large DPS numbers though. Damage done and DPS isnt the same thing. Somethimes high DPS is good, but in the end its the damage done that counts and kill bosses ;D

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Messenger: Madman! Kalgan's a madman!
    King Leonidas: A lot of classes are getting talents that restore mana. I know it seems like improved water elemental is overpowered, but it's hard to know what level 80 content will be like.
    Messenger: No man, Designer or Developer, no man threatens class balance!
    King Leonidas: Maybe they'll rework Vampiric Touch. They're still a long way from a finished product.
    Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
    King Leonidas: Madness...?
    [shouting]
    King Leonidas: This is BETA!
    Rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwalker
    Spriests are NOT the weakest damage dealing classes in the game, Spriests dont do large DPS numbers though. Damage done and DPS isnt the same thing. Somethimes high DPS is good, but in the end its the damage done that counts and kill bosses ;D
    They are and you're an idiot, stop posting.

They are indeed, unless you take a warrior with you.. but that ends when they get t5. too much rage! cant handle the... rage..

Quote Originally Posted by Whut
    Actually the ignorant is you. DPS and damage done are equivalent on a boss fight provided that there are no dmg variation requirements and that all classes have equivalent damage time. Which is simply not necessarily true.

Take, for example, a fire mage - higher DPS than a Aff lock or a SP at decent gear levels. Now, who does the most damage on a high movement fight? MAges DPS is bound to be higher, problem is that he will lose quite some damage due to movement (where it drops to about 0). So, in a high movement fight, I rather have a Aff lock than a fire mage.

Regarding the dmg variation, the burst capacity is quite important - which means doing higher damage (High DPS) during a limited period of time. It is a plus that a class can do so, although much of it is connected to gear (trinkets in particular).

But on the issue at hand...

I don't expect to see frost mage much of a mana batery. If you see them much in raiding (personally I favour other type of mages - frost is a bit too much defensive). The elemental will have a hard time surviving AOE dmg environments and remember it is still beta.

Anyway, isn't VT supposed to afect the whole raid in WotLK? At least that is the way that buffs are going (from party to raid).

So, in addition to SPs, I think Palas and Hunters will be the best mana battery

its stupid how you guys are like "omg imba mana batts thats overpowered"
    ITS BENEFICIAL TO YOUR WHOLE RAID its not like its AGAINST you class or something.. geez

this aint PvP its PvE and if it helps your raid i hav no problem with that

VT is not raid wide yet at least. And as a note how many greatly mobile fights there is and how many of those are really mana intensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Idt
    its stupid how you guys are like "omg imba mana batts thats overpowered"
    ITS BENEFICIAL TO YOUR WHOLE RAID its not like its AGAINST you class or something.. geez

this aint PvP its PvE and if it helps your raid i hav no problem with that
    Sorry pal but its beneficial to our raid that were are not in cause frostmage just took our spot... Nobody likes deadweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whut
    Ye i must be http://wowwebstats.com/xbcgla5g4iapk
    Im not highest on DPS... but i did do most damage. This isnt a very good example of Spriests damage though, but all Spriests dont slack in raids and you did take WWS as an example

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    I hope they both become mana batteries, would help many classes that can get OOM fast (AKA Boomkins and Shammies) and well any other class that uses mana =D
    Boomkins getting oom??? errrr no not anymore thx to wotlk
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

Im not highest on DPS... but i did do most damage. This isnt a very good example of Spriests damage though, but all Spriests dont slack in raids and you did take WWS as an example
    I must say, you are not slacking, but the rest of your raid are.

Zurivan

You are just stupid, it's not you being good, it's your raid partners being utterly useless.

On SWP lvl of gear and exigence, spriests should always be the last on dmg.

http://wowwebstats.com/5pfebalsynjcs?s=45460-56160 teron, I did 1800 dps as spriest and look @ my possition, and still, we had a lock to gear up so he didn't do that much

in brutallus I did 1700 and still ended last, not counting the other spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkis
    I must say, you are not slacking, but the rest of your raid are.
    I did wrote that this example isnt the best one. We did have to take some undergeared members with us (vacationtime) and some others realy need to learn how to dish out more DPS.
    But i have never been worse thatn 4rth in damage done in any raid, with any group. With the new WotlK changes according to Blizz Spriests will do more DPS comparing to other classes, than they do now (thats why they nerf our VT, less utility = more DPS) so i would love to se a good DPS test on Dr.boom with a frostmage and a Spriest at lvl 80 with equal gear. A wild guess is that they will do simular DPS. Our upperhand will be chackle and DoTs in the UD instances.

All the DPS tests i have seen so far is with Spriests with lvl 70 gear who in the most cases lack of spiritstats (we get more damage from spirit to in WotlK)

Just a thought.

http://wowwebstats.com/3ja6oepxsmvua?s=27917-54044 this is more likely to happen in most raids though

top geared spriests BARELY hit 1,9k dps while other classes hit 2,5k dps and more with ease

EDIT: and i don't want to start a flamewar here with you, but i have to admit the guy who wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurivan
    it's not you being good, it's your raid partners being utterly useless.
    is kinda right...
    in the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Sorry pal but its beneficial to our raid that were are not in cause frostmage just took our spot... Nobody likes deadweight.
    im sure their gonna be putting in like 10 frost mages into the raid amiright? regardless of how long you've been in the guild and loyalty and all that... yeh..