Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Incoming Crusader Strike change?

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Crusader Strike

Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, also procs anything currently avalible 5 times

gief :P

could just make it proc a judgement on the target or reduce the cost of your next judgement or something
    Lol, sorry, but I found the Judgement mana cost reduction funny. Judgements now barely cost anything, and then return mana to us equaling way more than the spell cost was.

So that doesnt really make sense

Crusader Strike
    Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, also makes your next melee hit a critical.

gief

Ive got something with MS like quality's but more up the paladin road

Crusader Strike
    Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, and redirect 50% of the healing done to the target to you instead for 8 secs.

perhaps get rid of Art of War and make it imp CS for the MS like effect.

yes/no?

Quote Originally Posted by dakewlguy
    Ive got something with MS like quality's but more up the paladin road

Crusader Strike
    Instantly attack the target for 110% weapon damage, and redirect 50% of the healing done to the target to you instead for 8 secs.

perhaps get rid of Art of War and make it imp CS for the MS like effect.

yes/no?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Bahahaha. Good god, man. Seriously. Don't make me laugh at work like that. I'll get in trouble.

Incredibly overpowered suggestion. Not only MS, but MS that heals you? I sorta like the redirect idea, but it can't just shunt. Maybe if you just received X% of the healing your target receives, but without affecting their healing. So the target still gets 100% of its incoming heals, but you leech X%.

Wait. Leeching heals sounds more like Death Knight territory, doesn't it?

(And I know someone must be thinking it, so pre-emptively: giving CS a reverse MS debuff for healers to cut outgoing heals by X% would just make MS/Ret combos silly, so forget it.)

A hemo type buff. When you hit them with crusader strike, increases holy damage taken by 100 or something for 8 seconds. Be kinda like "Holy Hemo".. I can see it now...

HOLY HEMO BATMAN!!!

I seriously doubt we'll see CS slamming a debuff on the target, since blizzard doesn't like to increase the number of debuff slots on targets due to bandwidth issues.
    Your attitude is welcome, welcome.

Crusader Strike only needs to have the chance to count as a swing for PROC'ing the active Judgements on the mob, nothing else.

It is an instant attack, which will be used everytime it is up, but it is NOT the main focus of the Retribution tree anymore. Judgements are with Judgements of the Wise. Your 8 second Judgement will be used every time it is up, even if that means you put your CS on hold until the GCD is up. And more often than not Divine Storm will also take front seat to it.

Crusader Strike = 6 sec.
    Judgements = 8 sec.
    Divine Storm = 10 sec.

A 30 second Ret. Rotation (GCD - in a lag free world):

00.0 = Seal of {choice}
    01.5 = Judgement of {choice}
    03.0 = CS
    04.5 = DS
    06.0 = nothing, all on cool down
    07.5 = All on CD
    09.0 = CS
    10.5 = Judgement of {choice}
    12.0 = All on CD
    13.5 = All on CD
    15.0 = DS (BOTH CS and DS could be used, but DS gets priority)
    16.5 = CS
    18.0 = All on CD
    19.5 = Judgement
    21.0 = All on CD
    22.5 = CS
    24.0 = All on CD
    25.5 = DS
    27.0 = All on CD
    28.5 = Judgement
    30.0 = CS

In total we end up with:
    CS = 5 uses
    J = 4 uses
    DS = 3 uses

As it stands right now DS can activate "on hit" part of seals (apply Vengeance/Corruption for example), have not tested to see if CS can after its latest change.

ikillbigppl

it alsow affects the judgment u have on players. for instance if u have light on your target and u used HS u would get healed by the HS affect and the light affect totaling 7 heals. i dont know if this is a glich but as of now ret paladins can aoe grind better than prot.

why does it need new effect btw? you already what it did give you basicly as a passive now. Or not passive but the effect is useles since deep holy palas will wanna refresh their judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by ikillbigppl
    it alsow affects the judgment u have on players. for instance if u have light on your target and u used HS u would get healed by the HS affect and the light affect totaling 7 heals. i dont know if this is a glich but as of now ret paladins can aoe grind better than prot.
    huh?

Sorry, but not sure what Ret ability HS is - as far as I know that is Holy Shield in the Protection tree. Did you mean DS for Divine Storm? If so I agree that it does proc any judgements on the mob, and pretty sure that is a bug. Applying Seal effects may not be though. We will have to see.

ikillbigppl

Quote Originally Posted by Voidseeker
    huh?

Sorry, but not sure what Ret ability HS is - as far as I know that is Holy Shield in the Protection tree. Did you mean DS for Divine Storm? If so I agree that it does proc any judgements on the mob, and pretty sure that is a bug. Applying Seal effects may not be though. We will have to see.
    yah sory i did mean devine storm lol... i hope its not a bug though i would like to do some aoe grinding that dosnt take 3 mins to finish.

improved crusaderstrike 3 point talent:
    ur critical crusaderstrikes grants u a 33/66/100 % chance to deal a critical hit with ur next attack or offensive spell

Quote Originally Posted by Mickyo
    improved crusaderstrike 3 point talent:
    ur critical crusaderstrikes grants u a 33/66/100 % chance to deal a critical hit with ur next attack or offensive spell
    Improved Engrish, 3 points. You should try it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

omg lol english sucks wont skill that

ikillbigppl

can we please keep the insults to as little as posible they dont help anyone and ultmiently just make u look like an ass.

Mickyo is onto something tho, I'd vote for his version of improved CS. :P

A spell interrupt would be peachy, but highly unlikely unless blizzard loves us.

If it would be a passive buff to CS I wouldn't mind one of the following:
    - Increased damage (like 120% instead of 110% perhaps?)
    - A debuff that increases (holy) damage on the target

If it was an improved version of CS:
    - Mickyo's idea
    - 10%/20%/30% chance to stun/incapitate the target - this would go hand in hand with the double damage on JoC
    - 33%/66%/100% chance to heal you for 15% of the damage caused by Crusader Strike

meh.. the options are limitless really.
    I wouldn't really like an MS effect, A spell interrupt would be nice but I don't really see that happening.

The game inst even close to becoming open to the public, Of course its going to change.

Crusader Strike
    8% of base mana 5 yd range
    Instant cast 6 sec cooldown
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Instantly strike the target with holy vengeance, causing 110% weapon damage. In addition, all healing done to the target is reduced by 25%, and Holy and Physical damage taken by the target is increased by 5% for 6 sec.

you know the mortal strike thing was a joke... A JOKE!