Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Healing nerfed / Downranking broken or changed?

This is what i asked a friend of mine to post on the US forums. I thought you'd probably like to read through it as well. Will add a link to the thread in the US forums as soon as i have it.

US Post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...40980&sid=2000

Hey there !

I'm from EU so i had to ask a US friend to post this for me to reach our blue friends. I've done a little testing with the current beta build and noticed that our healing was nerfed massively. Either downranking is completely broken atm or this is the result of the new spellpower stat and the talent and spell changes that were made. Let's start with some numbers.

Basics

Level: 70
    My Gear: T6 (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dikat&n=Venara)
    Talents: Used the same talent build i have on live (see Armory)

(Beta) My spellpower: 1265
    (Live) Bonus healing: 2238

Now i tested the spells listed below and watched my combatlog. I cast each spell ~100 times and took the lowest and the highest heal as a healing range for each rank. I always rounded the numbers. For example when GH 1 hit for 910 (low) and 1076 (high) i wrote down 900-1100.

GH 1: 900-1100 / 3000-3400 (2100-2300 less)
    GH 2: 1400-1600 / 3500-3800 (2100-2200 less)
    GH 3: 2400-2700 / 4100-4500 (1700-1800 less)
    GH 4: 3500-3700 / 4800-5200 (1300-1500 less)
    GH 5: 3900-4200 / 5000-5500 (1100-1300 less)
    GH 6: 4200-4800 / 5100-5800 (900-1000 less)
    GH 7: 4800-5300 / 5600-6200 (800-900 less)

FH 8: 1800-2000 / 2300-2600 (500-600 less)
    FH 9: 2200-2500 / 2500-2800 (300 less)

CoH: 920-960 / 950-1050 (30-90 less)
    PoH: 2200-2400 / 2400-2600 (200 less)
    PoM: 1500-1600 / 2000 (400-500 less)
    Renew (1 Tick): 802 / 847 (45 less)

As you can see our healing got nerfed A LOT. Previously i healed with GH3 in raids, sometimes even GH1. Now i would have to cast GH6 to achieve the same healing i did with GH3.

Seriously, is this a bug or is it intended? The patchnotes clearly stated that with the conversion to spellpower our healing would be "roughly the same". THIS IS NOT "roughly the same".

I'd really like to know if this will be fixed or if this is an intended change. I tested these numbers with the same talent spec for a reason. Why? Because i will NOT spend MORE talent points to get what i had before. And even with "Twin Disciplines" skilled (tested that too) we still lose a lot healing. This is just totally unacceptable.

Thanks for your time,
    Venara

PS: Would really appreciate a blue answer to this one.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Nogi

Re: Healing nerfed / Downranking broken or changed?

Just like you, been playing on beta, switching between my main to other healer charrs to compare.

Priests were definnatly nerfed more then other healers when it comes to downranking. Ofc, like i did you can open a suggestion on it on the beta, i dont think i need to explain how.
    I opened a suggestion on it under "spell not working properly".

There was a blue post somewhere along the patch lines saying that Downranking heals/spells will be punished... So there is your answer to the "nerf" and yes it's a slight nerf all around, it's beta so you could see the numbers change slightly as it comes live.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedlimbs
    There was a blue post somewhere along the patch lines saying that Downranking heals/spells will be punished... So there is your answer to the "nerf" and yes it's a slight nerf all around, it's beta so you could see the numbers change slightly as it comes live.
    Downranking is being punished for a long time now. I didnt see any blue post that they will further increase the downranking penalty. Also the beta patchnotes clearly stated we'd heal for "roughly the same". I could accept 100-300 less healing, but not the numbers from my test.

It seems this is mostly connected with "Empowered Healing" being broken. Waiting to see what it'll look like when it is fixed.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Nogi

I also didn't see any blue post on downranking mechanics.
    The only thing i can think of is "Not yet implemented" - that downranks gain the spellpower and not the "spell healing", but i'm not sure about that. i opened a suggestion about it on the beta, i do believe thats the most i can do.

This was a blue post response to someone asking about the reduction in lifebloom heals. The downranking thing is addressed at the bottom.

I've noticed many players use the "PvP excuse" as a way to dismiss that abilities or spells are too good in PvE. For example, Illumination... that wasn't nerfed for PvP reasons (like many believe).

Whenever we change abilities we always consider the outcomes for all aspects of the game, very rarely will we change an ability that will reduce it's effectiveness in PvE or PvP for the sake of the other. And if we do, it's intended.

In the case of Lifebloom, it's too good in both aspects of the game. Again, it's not our intention to merely just reduce the effectiveness of Lifebloom, but to also introduce new healing mechanics (Flourish, Nourish, talents like Living Seed and the improvements to Tree of Life) to compensate.

HoTs are intended to be effective in HPS and efficient, but have the drawback of requiring time to heal. The issue today is that you'll HoT a player who got hit by a big AOE, and some other class will use a downrank direct heal and cause you HoT to be ineffective. This is being addressed through downrank penalties. We want other classes to say "Hey, I could heal that guy back up who just got hit by that AOE, but I'll let the Druid do it instead and preserve my mana." Note that I'm not saying random AOE damage is not what HoTs are only intended to be for, I'm just using that as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwaii
    This was a blue post response to someone asking about the reduction in lifebloom heals. The downranking thing is addressed at the bottom.

I've noticed many players use the "PvP excuse" as a way to dismiss that abilities or spells are too good in PvE. For example, Illumination... that wasn't nerfed for PvP reasons (like many believe).

Whenever we change abilities we always consider the outcomes for all aspects of the game, very rarely will we change an ability that will reduce it's effectiveness in PvE or PvP for the sake of the other. And if we do, it's intended.

In the case of Lifebloom, it's too good in both aspects of the game. Again, it's not our intention to merely just reduce the effectiveness of Lifebloom, but to also introduce new healing mechanics (Flourish, Nourish, talents like Living Seed and the improvements to Tree of Life) to compensate.

HoTs are intended to be effective in HPS and efficient, but have the drawback of requiring time to heal. The issue today is that you'll HoT a player who got hit by a big AOE, and some other class will use a downrank direct heal and cause you HoT to be ineffective. This is being addressed through downrank penalties. We want other classes to say "Hey, I could heal that guy back up who just got hit by that AOE, but I'll let the Druid do it instead and preserve my mana." Note that I'm not saying random AOE damage is not what HoTs are only intended to be for, I'm just using that as an example.
    Thought I'd add a link to the post itself, its a responce to a lifebloom nerf thread thingie.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...00&pageNo=3#55

It's clearly not just downranking being punished here though.
    When your max rank is healing for 1k less than previously I think it's as good a reason as ever to start crying nerf, reguardless of the heavier punishments on the downrank.

It doesn't even matter if there was a blue post or not saying there will be stricter penalties or downranking, because clearly. That is not the only case.
    Although this said i'm just waiting for the wave of people who are going to swoop in and say "Zomg it's a beta things will change. Stop QQ'ing."
    As is with most of the other WOTLK threads.
    Which literally offers no help at all because if people dont mention mistakes now, they wont be fixed for live.