30 minute CDs turned into 5 mins

While looking at new warrior abilities, I found something peculiar: all our 30 min cooldowns have become 5 min cooldowns.

Now read the definition for Recklesness:
    Your next ?? special ability attacks have an additional 100% to critically hit but all damage taken is increased by 20%. Lasts 12 sec.
    Instant, 5 min cooldown

This further affirms my belief that DW 2H fury will be viable in PvP, as Reck will now be usable in arenas due to this reduced cooldown. Bloodthirst will now proc an insta slam on a crit and WW hits with both weapons, so you could string 3 crit attacks BS->Slam->WW for some disgusting burst damage. Coupled with a DK you could insta-gib a target!

Re: 30 minute CDs turned into 5 mins

one of the most op and retarded things blizz has done till now...

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLfiRe-
    one of the most op and retarded things blizz has done till now...
    no its not

think about it, we have suffered for almost 4 years of having to use those abilities every 30 mins

now we are getting them on 5 min cd, u aint looking that they have reduced duration, recky no longer has fear immunity, shield wall has reduced effect... retal sux anyway, so im gona leave it out

the one decent thing about this is: they have 5 min cds, and the cds are no longer linked...

also, compare the two reckys: old: 15 secs of fear immune almost garaunteed crit, new: 12 secs of 100% crit, for a maximum of 3 special attacks, not sure about this, but it may not affect white / yellow damage at all.... depends, it may be a 100% white crit, or a 100% for 3 yellow damage sources crit

one last thing, rogues get evasion, cloak of shadows on comparable cooldowns... -50% damage is better than +50% dodge rating (warriors with -50% damage still have a chance to dode/parry etc alongside the reduction, whereas rogues just get dodge)

ps: if you are a level 70 and u have never kited a warrior, stfu, and l2p, recky is going to need excellent timing, as most classes will simply not be in melee range once they see we have used recky
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Which was why I said "coupled with a DK"... really, it's "couple with <insert any decent utility class>" It's going to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor

This further affirms my belief that DW 2H fury will be viable in PvP, as Reck will now be usable in arenas due to this reduced cooldown. Bloodthirst will now proc an insta slam on a crit and WW hits with both weapons, so you could string 3 crit attacks BS->Slam->WW for some disgusting burst damage. Coupled with a DK you could insta-gib a target!
    Fury pvp is dead, because the MS debuff is needed to be successful.

So bring a goddamn rogue ?

The biggest issue I found with Fury in TBC were:
    1) lack of mobility ; fixed with heroic leap
    2) lack of burst ; fixed with Titan's Grip, insta-slams, WW hitting with both weapons

The way it looks right now, MS is not getting any better burst damage and while those extra bleeds are very nice, you can still have them as fury while
    having the extra burst necessary to gib target.

Recklessness in arena, I'm up for it, would be nice to be able to use shield wall also. LOL, the warrior class doesn't need these, its been dominating pvp since WoW released.

Greetings,

It's a move the the right direction, to be sure. But i'd rather add a Rage cost in exchange for buffing the effects back to where they were @ 30m CD. Seems odd that our most powerful abilities don't use our core mechanic - Rage.

I still think it'd be nice to have our "uber" abilities base their duration on our Rage, similar to how Execute and DK Runic Powers work - give us some "finishing moves" of our own

Might be OP in raid tank encounters, tho :P

We'll have to see - they still are trying to decide if CDs need to be linked or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Accalon
    Recklessness in arena, I'm up for it, would be nice to be able to use shield wall also. LOL, the warrior class doesn't need these, its been dominating pvp since WoW released.
    Well so far, the WOTLK warrior changes are seeing to change that.