titan's grip weapon 2handed restricted?

i just noticed that in the latest beta build tg's has been changed to be 2h swords maces and axes only.

whats wrong with pole arms?

Re: titan's grip weapon 2handed restricted?

Its been like that from day one... ur bad.

MACES, axes, and swords, from the beginning. I have no idea why Polearms have been excluded, it does seem odd.

because polearms are awkward to use dual weilding whereas the other 3 are just bigger versions of the 1h counterpart
    comma splice = WIN

maybe they try to keep polearms exclusive to hunters.

Probably because polearms usually have a fast speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    maybe they try to keep polearms exclusive to hunters.
    That would be hard to do, considering paladins also use them a good portion of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buman
    Its been like that from day one... ur bad.
    lolurbad

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    An odd statement, considering I leveled my pally 1-70 and didn't use a polearm weapon at all in the process. I actually think Hunters should be the -only- class able to use polearms, and that they should -not- be allowed to use other 2h weapon types. Hunters are imba with their ranged weapon, they are able to dualwield, -and- they are able to use a 2h weapon. In some ways, Hunters are better than Warriors, and we all know that Warriors -should- be the ultimate fighting class.
    So, wait... you are suggesting that because hunters can wield a large variety of weapon types... they are OP? What logic would there be in preventing hunters from using 2H axes and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko
    So, wait... you are suggesting that because hunters can wield a large variety of weapon types... they are OP? What logic would there be in preventing hunters from using 2H axes and whatnot?
    yea hunters should only use polearms

just look at the arena gear :

Edited to reflect the way it -should- be. Hunters shouldn't be able to use pretty much any weapon or weapon-combo in the game. Real Hunters need to be quick on their feet, moving from place to place. How many hunters can you think of, that run through forests and whatnot, with their bow across their back, and running with a big 2-handed axe... and then quickly switching to the bow, to attack the enemy... and then back again to the 2-hand axe... etc
    ... How many hunters can you think of still using bows? And do you get ambushed by rogues often while browsing through the local grocery store?

An odd statement, considering I leveled my pally 1-70 and didn't use a polearm weapon at all in the process. I actually think Hunters should be the -only- class able to use polearms, and that they should -not- be allowed to use other 2h weapon types. Hunters are imba with their ranged weapon, they are able to dualwield, -and- they are able to use a 2h weapon. In some ways, Hunters are better than Warriors, and we all know that Warriors -should- be the ultimate fighting class.
    Blood elf pally quest at level 20 gives ya a polearm. silly silly

Woah woah woah... The day a hunter is better than me in melee / close quarters combat, I'll ... well, I'll just quietly cry in the corner. :P
    They can hit pretty hard with a good 2hander (read: welfare S3 axe for 1000 pts), but with a single "on next swing" attack - that is far from being good in melee outside of situational advantage.

An odd statement, considering I leveled my pally 1-70 and didn't use a polearm weapon at all in the process.
    I was more referring to weapons you can get at 70, not weapons you use getting there. Hell, my rogue leveled with daggers, doesn't mean I plan to raid with them (until WotLK, maybe). There are a couple of nice polearms that Ret looks at and says YES PLEASE.

I think the Shivering Felspine is one? Meh, I'd have to go look them up, and not that interested.

still would look funny to poke around with 2 polearms.
    Also it would add some more varity again, since i like the polearm animation.

I only used a polearm once, and that was pre tbc: The Polearm from Rend Blackhand. That was in the times, when there still was the 100% damage on next hit after killing somthing bloodthirst.
    That was a fun fun time.
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Warriors can use all the weapons Hunters can + 1H & 2H Maces.

Edited to reflect the way it -should- be. Hunters shouldn't be able to use pretty much any weapon or weapon-combo in the game. Real Hunters need to be quick on their feet, moving from place to place. How many hunters can you think of, that run through forests and whatnot, with their bow across their back, and running with a big 2-handed axe... and then quickly switching to the bow, to attack the enemy... and then back again to the 2-hand axe... etc
    How many Priests do you know that run around with a Mace hanging from their belt?
    How many Paladins can you think if that are protectors of light etc but use savage weapons such as axes?
    How many Warriors in full Plate Armor do you know that can outrun a trained horse in a sprint?
    How many ...

And seriously, when was this the Paladin vs Hunter forum? I thought I was on the Warrior forum?
    As for the TG+Polearm thing: Axes, Maces and Swords mostly have their handle at the bottom of the weapon. Polearms are (in reality) far larger and require you to actually hold the shaft with both hands to be able to wield decently. If you don't accept a "lol lore" answer, here is the alternative:
    "like you care, not like there are any decent warrior polearms anyway!!"

Quote Originally Posted by spleeze
    Probably because polearms usually have a fast speed.
    this seems to be the right answer , considering pole arms have often a speed of 2,5 ? that would be sick

Fail is fail.

As i understand it, it's about itemization and indeed, the stats they intend to put on future polearms are more designed for hunters indeed, meaning more agi then str etc.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakenfein
    because polearms are awkward to use dual weilding whereas the other 3 are just bigger versions of the 1h counterpart
    ^ this. when using 2h weapons with tg their swing animation is as if u were using 1h swords / axes / maces. there are no 1h polearms so no 1h animation for these. anyway can you imagine anyone fighting with two pikes or halberds? polearms are meant to be used in 2 hands not because they are so big but because this is their style of fighting. and ofc blizz doesnt have to think of some strange new animatics for 1h polearms
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.