Poll: Come Wrath of the Lich King, what will you as a Warlock do? Stay a Warlock? Reroll a Deathknight? Re

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Will you reroll or stay Warlock in WotLK?

Just wanted to see what my fellow brethren were planning on doing for WotLK. This is by no means at all an "X class will be overpowered in WotLK" thread.

I just wanted to see how many Warlocks were intending on keeping their main a Warlock , and how many will be either moving on or something altogether different.

So - what will it be?

Stay Warlock?
    Reroll to something else?
    Make a Deathknight/other class but keep your Warlock as your main?
    Don't know yet?

Please vote and state your reason(s) for your decision.

Important:
    please refrain from either insulting or complaining about other classes when you post your reasons. I do not want this thread to turn into a 20 page flame on another class(s). This poll is meant to be nothing more than a friendly little data survey for those of us who are curious or unsure about what to do with our mains.

Update:
    This poll is intended for Warlocks only please. Others and myself would like to see what our class has on it's mind. If your main is NOT a Warlock than please refrain from voting - I do not want to dilute the poll numbers with too many people who it does not concern.

Re: Will you reroll or stay Warlock in WotLK?

I'm going to make a Deathknight in a "Learn thy enemy" strategy, but keep my Warlock as my main.

i'm curious about the dk, so i'll make a dk twink. simultaneous i'll lvl my other twinks, but my little wl will stay my main.

I'm pretty satisfied with the warlock changes and abilites in wotlk, so my lock will still be my main, but I will play my other chars aswell and probably try a DK =)

It seems as though we have plenty of people voting, yet only a few are posting.

We would be interested to know the reasons behind your votes people.

Please post your thoughts (but no flaming).

Oooooo - I didn't realize I could change the entire colors too ....

Facts:

1. Shadow bolt "normalized" in comparison to TBC.
    2. Poor scaling when it comes to dots.
    3. Enormously "normalized" Affliction (suppression change).
    4. No new dot and corruption still needs 5 points to become instant.
    5. Soulink "normalized".
    6. Demonic Sacrifice "normalized".
    7. No new pet.
    8. Stupid CD on Metamorphosis (not that it actually impresses me to say the least).
    9. Worthless 51 talent (Chaos Bolt)
    10.Pets still to squishy for PvP situations.

Overall TBC Warlock dps output is higher than what they are currently planning for us.

Weak talents
    1. 3% more hit,
    2. 1-1,5% more Fire damage (15% proc to increase Fire damage for 10% (while using shadow spells))
    3. 25% more spell damage on Immolate and 25% crit conflag on 5 secs or less.

Strong talent
    1. Backdraft ( i under the impression that it will eventually be nerfed since it's to good to be truth)
    2. Empowered imp (just because Destruction was supposed to be based on crit on the first place, it will never scale but still it's decent to have).

Basically Blizzard wants to cut down Warlock Numbers in general, The changes on the class in comparison to Mages will bring us back on the vanilla Nax wow days (8 mages,1 lock anyone?)

What's saddens me the most is that shadow warlocks will officially die the second WOTLK goes live.

nah i think locks will be as needed as they are now cus they still gunna pack a ton of dps depending on the skill of the person controlling him and there is no subtitute for CoE and healthstones and soulstones are also a must imo. I've dedicated alot of time to my lock i aint gunna give up on it now cus some classes got a little buff

i will be rerolling warlock; from spriest.

To answer the main question: I will be keeping my warlock as my main then leveling my shaman or make a DK.
    Secnod unspoken who said we needed a new pet, i think were fine with the ones we have. Besides what were you thinking: A pit lord? I dont think we could control a pit lord for ALL that long. Plus Chaos Bolt is not worthless, it makes Destro a viable pvp spec. Also 5 min CD on metamorphosis is NOT all that long. By the way what is your definition of normalized? I would like to know that. Plus the 3% hit is not a weak talent, we had to get 202 HIT RATING! I MEAN COME ON! Plus molten core is not worthless if you are a demo spec lock and use BOTH fire and shadow and lastly 25% damage increase and 25% crit chance increase to conflag when immolate has less than 5 sec is good.

And that is all i have to say for now =D

Shadow destro is dead. My guess it wont be alive for a while either if nothing changes. If this is a bad thing I don't know. Time will tell. Overall pve dps is getting tuned down because mages cried too much. But this won't be a reason for me to quit my lock. Mainly for the reason I achieved so much already on it and I like the achievements and other that my main alt is a warrior.. and well they got the short stick as well

I don't play warlock (well i actually just started one on friday, enjoying it so far ) so i'm curious as to why you/or anyone are considering to reroll in wotlk. Are things bad or do you just want to play what you consider a more powerful class in either pvp or pve?
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz
    I don't play warlock (well i actually just started one on friday, enjoying it so far ) so i'm curious as to why you/or anyone are considering to reroll in wotlk. Are things bad or do you just want to play what you consider a more powerful class in either pvp or pve?
    Everything they are doing to Warlocks in WotLK can basically be deemed as a "nerf". Mages cried so much that Warlocks were outdpsing them that Blizzard finally gave in and gave them what they wanted. They are making shadow awful in comparison to the powerhouse it is right now, and even then, fire will be meh. I am strongly considering rerolling, or not even continuing into the expansion, depending on what my friends in my guild do. Only time will tell I guess.

So far, warlocks are looking incredibly strong for wotlk, with 3 very good specs. They will still bring the dps, and now increased utility through pets. People will argue that it is early beta, and not to get too excited, but the warlocks will still be a great class in wotlk, so don't let yours go to waste.

Hmmm, hard decision for me. I thinking about reroll mage (not beacuse lock will get nerf in wotlk, I just wanna try other pure dps caster). But I dont know yet.

Fire destro is still outdamaging everything, so I'll probably be keeping my warlock.

I imagine a lot of FOTM warlocks will reroll though. Let's face it, we were spoiled in TBC with the top DPS and utility. Now mages will have similar DPS and utility. I prefer a balanced game than bringing 4 other warlocks and 1 mage.

Affliction needs more help though, it still scales poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaria
    Shadow destro is dead. My guess it wont be alive for a while either if nothing changes. If this is a bad thing I don't know. Time will tell. Overall pve dps is getting tuned down because mages reason too much. But this won't be a reason for me to quit my lock. Mainly for the reason I achieved so much already on it and I like the achievements and other that my main alt is a warrior.. and well they got the short stick as well
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalba
    Everything they are doing to Warlocks in WotLK can basically be deemed as a "nerf". Mages reasoned so much that Warlocks were outdpsing them that Blizzard finally gave in and gave them what they wanted. They are making shadow awful in comparison to the powerhouse it is right now, and even then, fire will be meh. I am strongly considering rerolling, or not even continuing into the expansion, depending on what my friends in my guild do. Only time will tell I guess.
    Fixed again

im kinda sick of spamming one button. i'm currently leveling a pally.... the idea of cheap repairs is making it tough to really want to reroll a plate wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon
    Fire destro is still outdamaging everything, so I'll probably be keeping my warlock.

are you kidding me?

I just cant wait until they get around to fixing warlocks up. Right now there on mage and pretty soon they will be on warlock(probably gonna be second to last if there going in alphabetical order). We just have to wait until they get around to totally working on our class so that way we can be powerhouses once more!