Poll: Come Wrath of the Lich King, what will you as a Warlock do? Stay a Warlock? Reroll a Deathknight? Re

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Will you reroll or stay Warlock in WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeroad
    I just cant wait until they get around to fixing warlocks up. Right now there on mage and pretty soon they will be on warlock(probably gonna be second to last if there going in alphabetical order). We just have to wait until they get around to totally working on our class so that way we can be powerhouses once more!
    We're not broken. Except the usefulness of shadowfury/chaos bolt in a raid scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jsemon2

are you kidding me?
    Didn't do much high end raid, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    We're not broken. Except the usefulness of shadowfury/chaos bolt in a raid scenario.
    I didnt mean to say we are broken i just meant to say its not our turn yet to be modified to WotLK spells and such. Right now there working on the mage so sooner or later it will be our turn and we could finally get some needed changes(cant remember any because im not on right now).

Didn't do much high end raid, I guess?
    from what i can gather, elitistjerks.com and what not, fire doesn't outperform shadow.

please point me in the right direction if i'm misinformed.

not reactivating my account until the final product is shown and I see all of the changes..

www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

I have four 70's I don't know which one I will play when WOTLK comes out. I guess it depends on the final revisions of the classes when release hits. (which ever one has the coolest new spell)

Im sure most ppl will at least try a deathknight

My first char was a lock... i abandonded him for a mage to be my first 60, then went back and leveled him back in the day when not more than 1-2 locks were wanted in 40 man raids and not many ppl wanted them in 5-15man either.

I then leveled almost every other class to 60 casually for fun, but when back to my lock for TBC... why? because the promise of a destr tree being destruction an affliction tree that any priest or pally couldnt just shut down and a demo tree with a semiuseful new pet....

what have i seen in wotlk so far

some gimmicky talents
    decent pve abilities
    some more gimmicky talents
    a decent attempt at balancing the trees
    some more gimmicky talents
    a sad attempt to make my pets what a demo focused lock should be

im not crying about the talents... but imo its just more of the same old stuff... theres nothing new and exciting to draw me back to leveling 10 more levels in that class.

i wont reroll to whichever class looks OP.. but im sure as hell gonna reroll to whichever class looks like the most fun.

from what i can gather, elitistjerks.com and what not, fire doesn't outperform shadow.

please point me in the right direction if i'm misinformed.
    Fire is highest individual dps, shadow is better for the raid with ISB uptime. ISB is being nerfed in wotlk, so fire is the obvious choice.

I'm very disappointed with what I've seen so far.

We've seen Blizzard state they want Warlocks to do less damage then Mages because we provide more utility and then they turn around and give Mages as much utility while also trivializing the utility the Warlock class brings.

We've seen Blizzard claim they want pets to be useful and yet they still refuse to allow pets to scale off even the more basic stats like crit without heavy investment in our pet tree. Not to mention spell penetration and resilience.

We've seen Blizzard completely ignore Affliction despite it never really having played a part in this game. For some reason they are scared shitless with DOTs despite them being in every game I've ever played and behaving in much the same way.

The idea that Affliction should be a second rate DPSer because I provide malediction (which has been trivialized with an Unholy DK [which are quite valuable to a raid mind you]) and Shadow Embrace is still lackluster and border line worthless. Bring an Affliction Warlock who will no doubt do less DPS then any other Warlock build for Frailty? When I can just spec 7/7/57ish and get frailty and blow Affliction's damage out of the water?

Please... I made this class to be unique and I'm not going to continue playing it if Blizzard still insists on me being a halfassed Mage for another 2 years. I've been SM/Ruin in MC, but of course there were like 8 debuff slots so all you did was Shadowbolt. I was MD/Ruin in BWL and AQ40 and all I did was Shadowbolt. In Naxx I was worthless and just /followed one of our 8 Mages to provide CoE and scoop up loot no one wanted. For about a month I was affliction then they nerfed coefficients. I was then Affliction till FSW was phased out (half way through SSC) and never went back.

The only unique things this class provides are DOTs and Pets. I'm glad we get to use Pets now, but it's about time DOTs were more then "let me cast immolate so I can spam incinerate".

Fire is highest individual dps, shadow is better for the raid with ISB uptime. ISB is being nerfed in wotlk, so fire is the obvious choice.
    interesting. i'll have to look into that because there is maybe 2-3 lock/spriests in my guild. might have to rethink using ISB if it isn't being used as much as it could be.

interesting. i'll have to look into that because there is maybe 2-3 lock/spriests in my guild. might have to rethink using ISB if it isn't being used as much as it could be.
    2 locks provides pretty much the same uptime as 3, so fire is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Raibaru
    I'm very disappointed with what I've seen so far.

We've seen Blizzard state they want Warlocks to do less damage then Mages because we provide more utility and then they turn around and give Mages as much utility while also trivializing the utility the Warlock class brings.

We've seen Blizzard claim they want pets to be useful and yet they still refuse to allow pets to scale off even the more basic stats like crit without heavy investment in our pet tree. Not to mention spell penetration and resilience.

We've seen Blizzard completely ignore Affliction despite it never really having played a part in this game. For some reason they are scared shitless with DOTs despite them being in every game I've ever played and behaving in much the same way.

The idea that Affliction should be a second rate DPSer because I provide malediction (which has been trivialized with an Unholy DK [which are quite valuable to a raid mind you]) and Shadow Embrace is still lackluster and border line worthless. Bring an Affliction Warlock who will no doubt do less DPS then any other Warlock build for Frailty? When I can just spec 7/7/57ish and get frailty and blow Affliction's damage out of the water?

The only unique things this class provides are DOTs and Pets. I'm glad we get to use Pets now, but it's about time DOTs were more then "let me cast immolate so I can spam incinerate".
    Everything you said there is true, we need to be either a utility class or a dps class and make mage one or the other. I'm tired of people saying that mages suck because a warlock can out dps them in a raid. BOO HOO! Look at your trees mages compared to ours in wrath, arcane is getting such a boost that in raids and groups you will be able to do MORE damage than you should. IMO get to warlock changes fast so we can get up in dps also.

2 locks provides pretty much the same uptime as 3, so fire is ok.
    a good spell rotation?
    talent tree spec to use when respecing?

we need to whine alot like those mages or rogues .. they got heard
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

Quote Originally Posted by Schussel
    Won't matter how loud you whine. The people who want us nerfed will whine louder and nothing will get accomplished. I honestly can't wait for WotLK. Naxx is turning out to be a truly sentimental experience what with our 1 Warlock invite and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Schussel
    Warlocks and mages are going to do very similiar damage in wotlk with locks still having more utility and probably still better class synergy, with mages doing better AoE damage. Vanilla wow and TBC wow each screwed over warlocks or mages and I'm hoping that blizzard gets it right in wotlk. If you read over the comments the devs, ^ is pretty much what they're saying.

PvP wise warlocks are going to be less melee gimped and brought down to less than insane against casters. I see balance at work.
    We don't really think we need more caster hate in the game right now. - GC

I'll abandon my warlock main for my hunter alt which will be my main.

I'm not rerolling so much as switching mains. I played a lock for the entirety to TBC. I still enjoy it, but will likely go back to my original main, Druid. I have stopped raiding (my kids are growing up) so I don't have that aspect. I want to be able to enjoy what little I can of the game, and to me that's by being a tank.

either way, im pretty sure i'm going pally for exp. i'll level my lock for an extra dailies money maker of to mine stuff for my pally.

I can't wait for destruction. I think a lot of people that complain about it don't understand just how destruction was changed. That said, I'd be a little disappointed if keeping your imp alive on most fights will not be possible. However, the change for incinerate alone easily makes up for the sacrifice nerf, and the new imp talents and backdraft are looking way more fun than just shadowbolt spam in raids.

In PvP, chaos bolt, shadowfury and shadowflame look incredibly strong. You will have lots and lots of fast/instant casts with both spell schools, and soul link to boot.

I'm mostly disappointed in the top demo talents ALL being crit based. Maybe it'll be a new raid spec, though.

And affliction is too hard to predict for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTester
    I can't wait for destruction. I think a lot of people that complain about it don't understand just how destruction was changed. That said, I'd be a little disappointed if keeping your imp alive on most fights will not be possible. However, the change for incinerate alone easily makes up for the sacrifice nerf, and the new imp talents and backdraft are looking way more fun than just shadowbolt spam in raids.

In PvP, chaos bolt, shadowfury and shadowflame look incredibly strong. You will have lots and lots of fast/instant casts with both spell schools, and soul link to boot.

I'm mostly disappointed in the top demo talents ALL being crit based. Maybe it'll be a new raid spec, though.

And affliction is too hard to predict for me right now.
    Demo sac got changed to 10% buff from 15%, so I think that is better than keeping the imp alive.