Poll: Come Wrath of the Lich King, what will you as a Warlock do? Stay a Warlock? Reroll a Deathknight? Re

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Will you reroll or stay Warlock in WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by jsemon2
    from what i can gather, elitistjerks.com and what not, fire doesn't outperform shadow.

please point me in the right direction if i'm misinformed.
    How can fire NOT outperform shadow when you have 10% more damage always, immolate dealing more damage and incinerate now having a vastly superior spell coefficient as well as base damage?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTester
    How can fire NOT outperform shadow when you have 10% more damage always, immolate dealing more damage and incinerate now having a vastly superior spell coefficient as well as base damage?
    Incinerate has a larger coefficient? I thought those were base on cast time and shadowbolt starts out with 3, and incin starts at 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    Incinerate has a larger coefficient? I thought those were base on cast time and shadowbolt starts out with 3, and incin starts at 2.5.
    Per second, of course. The fact that sbolt goes from 3.0 to 2.5 while incin goes from 2.5 to 2.0, and the fact that both of them gain an extra 20% while incin is faster, makes incin outscale shadowbolt easily.

My warlock was never my main, but i've always had fun playing around on it.
    It'll probably never see endgame raids, unless it turns out they're fantastic for raiding.

And i'm praying they improve demon form for leveling, right now it looks like garbage

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I will be keeping my warlock as my main because I love my class, I'll play it nerfed, OP, meh, anyway it comes. My pally alt will lvl to 80 some time after my lock, and the DK will probably be used to let the pally get some rested.

I like the way they are going with Destro, but they are not there yet, they need to round out the talents to make Improved Imp and Demonic Sac about the same boost, so you can choose crit or dmg, give us the choices, don't force us into one or the other by making one choice vastly superior.

Affliction needs some boost to become viable, the biggest problem being extra affli locks are redundant, 1 is usually enough.

Demon, I haven't played in a while, I hope they fix some issues and buff the pets a bit, I don't want Metamorphosis to be OP/crap in arenas and get nerfed/buffed later, I rather it be balanced from the get go.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

in my opinion, it is still to early to tell, many things are being changed every day. I have 4 70s warlock, druid, hunter, and rogue, so i'm really not sure which one i will be leveling to 80 first or if i will be making a death knight. I am going to keep paying attention to the patch changes and see how each class ends upp before i make my final decision
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand

Remaking a mage. Not because I hate the way warlocks are going in wrath (I actually like what they are doing with the class), but because the class really isn't my cup of tea overall, and I enjoyed my mage more pre TBC than my warlock post TBC.
    red panda red panda red panda!

is it bad i m rolling a warlock?

i m a moonkin
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Thank you all for your posts. So far this thread is going along extremely well, lots of good reasons and minimal flaming.

I would really like to get more data and just keep getting other people's opinions on what they are personally going to do come WotLK - so if you know someone who hasn't voted or posted their reasons yet then please tell them to do so.

Keep up the awesome job and see you all in a couple more replies down !

My main is warr fury im raiding swp atm my alt is warlock ,my lock (badge-arena-instances gear-)can outdps my warr how cool is that?lel ???

well anyways , i see that fire got boosted nicely there, last points at destro tree going crazy for conlagrate etc and probs all locks gona play fire at wotlk cause it looks stronger, tbh molten core is complicating thingz
    Cause u can have 1 afli with that(i bet it gives more procs) to boost fire locks +malediction for whole raid, so u rly dont want shadow destro in ur raid do u? only spriest will cry for them

is exactly same with arms warrs and furys ... no1 wants furys at raids anymore sigh..

and on the main question im gona reroll fire lock to my alt no question with the existing tree

My lil'ol gnome lock will hit 80 first since he's my "main" then pribably will start leveling my other 4 alts to 80 with a lil DK on the side wic will be a fem gnome or a fem dranei just for looks!(<3 dranei).

Ill prolly spec into affliction to get Malediction so i can put up CoE and help buff the new best caster dps, Mages.

I'm not mad that Mages got buffed or that Sac. got nerfed, I'm just mad that Blizz has basically come out and said that Mages are going to be a better dps.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyman
    Ill prolly spec into affliction to get Malediction so i can put up CoE and help buff the new best caster dps, Mages.

I'm not mad that Mages got buffed or that Sac. got nerfed, I'm just mad that Blizz has basically come out and said that Mages are going to be a better dps.
    Really? Show me how mages will be the best...Currently their only semi viable spec for PveE is the frostfire bolt spam. Good fire destro warlocks will still be on top, followed by affliction locks.

also dont forget frost mages gives crazy boost to fire locks with new winters chill 10% crit is sick so warlockz first dps again :P win!

guess who dont get that crit shadow destro locks :<

I rerolled shaman with bc, my lock is collecting dust maybe my deathknight will hit 80 before my lock

Quote Originally Posted by TheTester
    immolate dealing more damage and incinerate now having a vastly superior spell coefficient as well as base damage?

Incinerate had it's coefficient changed ????? Can you confirm this by sharing a link or something ?

Im not sure where how I'm going to play...
    As much as i like playing my warlock, the Death Knight looks tempting,

Quote Originally Posted by Drumaroth
    also dont forget frost mages gives crazy boost to fire locks with new winters chill 10% crit is sick so warlockz first dps again :P win!

guess who dont get that crit shadow destro locks :<
    yeah, thats a point, but which mage will be deep frost speccd when they got such kick ass talents in arcane? i think in endgame raids will be nearly only deep arcane mages.
    another point is the choice between killing your imp or let him fighting with you, as mentioned. the fact that bloodpact is available to the WHOLE raid is a good point not to sacrifice him. unfortunately BP doesn't stack
    i'm just waiting to make a dk my second. need another evil-looking-shadow-damage-making-bad-ass-class xD

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma
    yeah, thats a point, but which mage will be deep frost speccd when they got such kick ass talents in arcane? i think in endgame raids will be nearly only deep arcane mages.
    another point is the choice between killing your imp or let him fighting with you, as mentioned. the fact that bloodpact is available to the WHOLE raid is a good point not to sacrifice him. unfortunately BP doesn't stack
    i'm just waiting to make a dk my second. need another evil-looking-shadow-damage-making-bad-ass-class xD

the utility given to almost every class in most talent trees is insane.... raider leaders would be stupid not to take as many variations of classes as possible.... although imo affliction raid utility has gone from decent to crap... 3% from malediction meh... some classes still have very compareable dps with more utility.... helllllooo elemental shaman (totem of wrath finally decent) and with a moonkin and enhancement shaman adding debuffs they will rock

Always have been a demonologist, probably always will be, specially since they gave me abilities to help out the entire raid.