Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

I'm really a big fan of how Blizzard deciding the best way to balance classes is to give them all the same abilities. Like how druids now get a last stand and paladins get shield wall at the same time that the warrior version gets nerfed to match. The things that made warriors unique have been given to the other tanking classes too. :

Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    "Maim now interrupts the victim's spellcasting for 3 seconds."

Like holy ****?! in cat form you can spam maim like every 3 seconds, maybe 4 sec. OP like hell.
    Are you serious? Please don't call an ability "overpowered" when you don't even know what it does.
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=49802
    Maim Rank 2
    35 Energy 5 yd range
    Instant 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Cat Form
    Finishing move that causes damage and incapacitates the target. Additional damage caused may interrupt the effect. The victim's spellcasting is also interrupted for 3 sec. Causes more damage and lasts longer per combo point:
    It has a 10 sec cooldown
    It requires 35 energy (it would take you 3.5 sec to get the energy back again).
    Its a finishing move so it requires combo points (thats another 3.5+ sec to get enough energy for a combo point).
    Its a crowd control (it incapacitates), so in PvP so after the 3rd one within 15 sec you would be immune.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    "Maim now interrupts the victim's spellcasting for 3 seconds."

Like holy ****?! in cat form you can spam maim like every 3 seconds, maybe 4 sec. OP like hell.
    Nooo.... First maim can't be spammed, it's on 10 second cooldown. Second, it uses combo points to do, and those are precious and to be spent carefully. Third, if you spend more than 1 combo point, the target is already incapacitated for 3 seconds or more. Thus no, it's not overpowered, even though it's good.

Btw, it's already our bonus on feral pvp glove. And i'm glad blibli is giving it to the base talent, cause i love it and could do without to win against warlock ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    /sigh

Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?

edit: to avoid further confusion

Tailor A creates [Swordguard Embroidery]
    Rogue A opens trade with Tailor A
    Tailor A puts [Swordguard Embroidery] on trade window and accepts
    Rogue A also accepts
    Rogue A uses [Swordguard Embroidery] on cloak
    ???
    Profit

Haha epic fail, sorry but that is the worst crap I have read in a long time. Yes I have read all your other tries to make a comeback but nothing changes that you're on fail highroad, sorry dude. At least you made laugh of the day.

thanks for fucking with our arcane shot blizz ><' QQ
    Life's a bitch then you DIE

/sigh

Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.

Now tell me, where is "Bind of Pickup" written in it? WHERE?

edit: to avoid further confusion

Tailor A creates [Swordguard Embroidery]
    Rogue A opens trade with Tailor A
    Tailor A puts [Swordguard Embroidery] on trade window and accepts
    Rogue A also accepts
    Rogue A uses [Swordguard Embroidery] on cloak
    ???
    Profit

Dude, it doesn't work that way. Swordguard Embroidery is a spell, not an item. It looks like an item, but sadly isn't. It consumes some Rune Thread as a reagent and doesn't create anything. It works like enchanting. Which is somewhat lame, I agree. As a person who plays (among other things) a paladin, I'd kill for Lightweave. However, I feel like I'd be wasting my time to level a profession for nets, bags and a cloak enchant. I'll just get the spell haste one I suppose. Could you imagine Lightweave + Darkmoon Card: Vengeance though? Aggro city.

what the heck is wrong with MikeDaSpike? ???

So far it's fine, if one has to level tailoring for it, one shall.

As long as they don't require you to be tailor to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edden
    So far it's fine, if one has to level tailoring for it, one shall.

As long as they don't require you to be tailor to wear it.
    If you have the best of the best item for a certain slot, I can understand doing it.
    But if it's for a T4 item, if you could get T5 a month later, then It's rather wasted. (Just an example)

/sigh again
    i know it's just a spell, a spell that will be cast by an item

again just like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24274 casts http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31372, seriously guys, get some sense into your heads

/sigh again
    i know it's just a spell, a spell that will be cast by an item

again just like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=24274 casts http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31372, seriously guys, get some sense into your heads
    Wow, you're pretty persistent I'll give you that for credit.

Be a charm and read this : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27927
    Permanently enchant a ring to increase all stats by 4. Only the enchanter's rings can be enchanted, and enchanting a ring will cause it to become soulbound. Requires a level 35 or higher item.
    Then compare it to this : http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31370
    Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing healing by up to 66, spell damage by up to 22, and Stamina by 20
    And now compare it to this :
    Swordguard Embroidery
    How long do you intend to keep pushing a point that most readers here can agree on, is not correct. Until you can link the actual item or spell from wowhead, there's not much to say about it.

As for calling others dense or ignorant, questioning our sense?
    Meh.

15+ Year Old Account

mmh, not sure what to feel about the tailoring additions - mainly glad I guess since I got tailoring on my druid. The damage one is abit wierd though seeing as I know few paladins would take up tailoring even if its for mooncloth set.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I really look forward to try to try the new build, lets see if blizz can hold up to there changes.

http://www.diablo3x.com

I give you credit for the possibility, but I still think it will be the like the leg enchants. I believe the new wording is to prevent even further overpowered twinks. ATM having twinks with nethercleft/spellthread enchant is already insane imagine the chaos of having an extra cloak enchant.

It's pointless to discuss further, i'll wait and see what it'll become.

I give you credit for the possibility, but I still think it will be the like the leg enchants. I believe the new wording is to prevent even further overpowered twinks. ATM having twinks with nethercleft/spellthread enchant is already insane imagine the chaos of having an extra cloak enchant.

It's pointless to discuss further, i'll wait and see what it'll become.
    It's always possible that tailors won't get upgraded leg enchants in the way that leatherworkers do. The cloak enchant might well be the only thing they get. Thus they make tailors different from leatherworkers rather than copying them that far.

At the same time, they might still get them, since leatherworkers also have drums.
    But, tailors also have throwing nets.

/shrug

Time shall tell.

# Arcane Shot doesn't dispells magical effects anymore.
    # Tranquilizing shots now attempts to remove 1 Frenzy, Enrage and Magic effect from an enemy target. Cooldown changed from 20 to 15 seconds.

Lovely change! no more "purge on dps rotation"

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Blacksmithing
    Socket Bracer
    Permanently add a socket to your bracers. Requires a level 60 or higher item.

Socket Gloves
    Permanently add a socket to your gloves. Requires a level 60 or higher item.
    Will you be able to put any sockets you want? Is there a limit or you can only put 1 socket only?

Quote Originally Posted by Olethros
    Will you be able to put any sockets you want? Is there a limit or you can only put 1 socket only?
    This "looks" like it'll be a service like enchanters are able to do trough trade.

I would suspect the following :
    * Only items that don't have sockets yet. or if possible still, then no more than 3.
    * No socket bonus, or Socket bonus gives stamina, or something generic.
    * No color, or choose-able color.

Quote Originally Posted by Olethros
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    I'm really a big fan of how Blizzard deciding the best way to balance classes is to give them all the same abilities. Like how druids now get a last stand and paladins get shield wall at the same time that the warrior version gets nerfed to match. The things that made warriors unique have been given to the other tanking classes too. :
    I have to agree with this to a certain extent. Having all tanks viable is great but just making them all the same is kind of stupid.

I actually prefer the new shield wall but it is looking a bit bleak for prot warriors at present as right now prot paladins are looking much stronger and it seems that the general idea has been to give prot palas copies of the prot warrior abilities only better. The only question mark I see for prot paladins now is the lack of intellect on the new tanking gear. Maybe they really are turning it into blue rage for palas and mana management is going to be a big factor for palas in wotlk, however without a beta key I can't test it to see.