Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Build 8770 Changes - Class Skills and Professions

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    75% damage reduction lowered to 50% is a nerf, even if you get to use it more often. When you are facing a hard enrage timer on a boss or some other boss ability that will instagib you without that 75% reduction, this is a significant nerf that might now cause a wipe instead of you being able to squeak out a win.
    That isn't a real win then. I'd rather have be able to use it twice per boss than once per 3 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopr Serial
    That isn't a real win then. I'd rather have be able to use it twice per boss than once per 3 attempts.
    If you are working on a new boss, a win is a win, regardless if you think it is "real" or not. After a long night, I'd rather get the kill than go home with nothing but a repair bill. Shield wall is fine as it is. If anything, the CD should be reduced to 10-15 minutes and left at that.

Hi this is Eldacar of boulderfist I play on the lich king beta realm, and hit 450 smithing last night. I wanted to let everyone know the details on the new sockets made by blacksmiths. The bracer and glove sockets are not tradeable bs only and both add uncolored sockets that accept any color gem, they will add the socket even if the item already has a socket. The tradeable epic belt socket titanium belt buckle is bugged and not working but it's safe to assume it will add an uncolored socket as well.
    Just to give a little bit more detail, the bracer and glove sockets do not overwright existing sockets or enchants, and they are ONLY usable by blacksmiths because when you apply the socket to the item it adds a requirement to have Blacksmithing at a certain skill level to use the item, and a blacksmith cannot apply them to other peoples stuff anyways. The Titanium belt buckle is usable by anyone and comes in a tradeable item form that anyone can apply and it can be sold on the AH. The belt buckle as I said though is currently bugged.

All the blacksmith sockets add uncolored sockets, which accept any gem color, I havent done testing to see if you can meet socket bonus req's with these new sockets though, however adding them does not effect existing bonuses on bracers if you have already met the requirement. As for socketing weapons, that is not currently in the beta.

Screen shots:
    Titanium Belt Buckle: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...BeltBuckle.jpg
    Bracers with socket: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ic/Bracers.jpg
    Gloves with socket: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ic/Gloves2.jpg
    Attempting to add a socket to a friends gloves, note the red text in the upper right: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tic/Gloves.jpg
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    If you are working on a new boss, a win is a win, regardless if you think it is "real" or not. After a long night, I'd rather get the kill than go home with nothing but a repair bill. Shield wall is fine as it is. If anything, the CD should be reduced to 10-15 minutes and left at that.
    Now it'll be less of a panic button, and more of a strategic "give the healers a short regen" break ability. I think its a good change, especially given that healers (and all casters) will have to play more strategically since pots are no longer chainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldacar
    Just to give a little bit more detail, the bracer and glove sockets do not overwright existing sockets or enchants, and they are ONLY usable by blacksmiths because when you apply the socket to the item it adds a requirement to have Blacksmithing at a certain skill level to use the item, and a blacksmith cannot apply them to other peoples stuff anyways. The Titanium belt buckle is usable by anyone and comes in a tradeable item form that anyone can apply and it can be sold on the AH. The belt buckle as I said though is currently bugged.

All the blacksmith sockets add uncolored sockets, which accept any gem color, I havent done testing to see if you can meet socket bonus req's with these new sockets though, however adding them does not effect existing bonuses on bracers if you have already met the requirement. As for socketing weapons, that is not currently in the beta.

Screen shots:
    Titanium Belt Buckle: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...BeltBuckle.jpg
    Bracers with socket: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ic/Bracers.jpg
    Gloves with socket: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...ic/Gloves2.jpg
    Attempting to add a socket to a friends gloves, note the red text in the upper right: http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tic/Gloves.jpg
    Thank you. This is all the information we could possibly need about these updates and more. With these and the new spelldamage patterns, I'm starting to regret dropping smithing (though I would be stuck armorsmith).

With the BOP gem sockets for BS I am wondering just how many people are going to be picking up BS.
    Two extra sockets is a huge bonus, or do people feel that it will be balanced out by the (lol) 2000HP five minute CD herb heal, or the (lol won't work in arena) alchemical blood bonus or the lmao 20 Stam mining increase?
    (as an aside I don't mind that gathering professions will give less of a buff than professions you have to bust your ass at to get to max level.)
    Glyph bonus might compete, not sure about the other profession bonuses at the moment, but very curious how everyone feels about this.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahnameblah
    With the BOP gem sockets for BS I am wondering just how many people are going to be picking up BS.
    Two extra sockets is a huge bonus, or do people feel that it will be balanced out by the (lol) 2000HP five minute CD herb heal, or the (lol won't work in arena) alchemical blood bonus or the lmao 20 Stam mining increase?
    (as an aside I don't mind that gathering professions will give less of a buff than professions you have to bust your ass at to get to max level.)
    Glyph bonus might compete, not sure about the other profession bonuses at the moment, but very curious how everyone feels about this.
    Seriously. That's what, 20 strength with current gems? And it doesn't get in the way of any other enchants either. With Wrath epic gems you could grab 40 haste, 280 armor penetration, or 40 expertise, without sacrificing anything other than mats to level blacksmithing and any BoP stuff you'd get from another profession. I love Engineering, but they'd better buff it to hell and back if they expect me to keep it with the combo of BS+JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Egeldi
    Now it'll be less of a panic button, and more of a strategic "give the healers a short regen" break ability. I think its a good change, especially given that healers (and all casters) will have to play more strategically since pots are no longer chainable.
    Warriors are not brought to raids because of their stellar AoE abilities, OT DPS output, threat generation or reliability to take high spike damage. Warriors are tanking because when the shit hits the fan (so to speak) they have the tools to survive where the other tanks would be dead. Saying that Shield Wall could be blown to buy some mana regen time (are the healers just going to stop healing?) seems to me to be just a little pointless.

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't have time to read through but noticed there aren't any tailoring cloak enchant that does anything for hunters...there is for melee, casters and healers

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    I didn't have time to read through but noticed there aren't any tailoring cloak enchant that does anything for hunters...there is for melee, casters and healers
    Armor pen doesn't help hunters?

Armor pen doesn't help hunters?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Tailoring
    Swordguard Embroidery
    Embroiders a magical pattern into your cloak, causing your damaging melee attacks to sometimes ignore 1000 of your target's armor.
    You can only embroider your own cloak and embroidering your cloak will cause it to become soulbound.
    Melee only.

Maybe it will be changed. And it also says "Enchants YOUR cloak with xxx", and I don't know many hunter tailors. :P

Borean Armor Kit, the next step for basic Leatherworking stamina armor kits in Northrend, not soulbound nor does it require Leatherworking: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=38375

Borean Armor Kit
    Requires Level 70
    Use: Permanently increase the Stamina of an item worn on the head, chest, shoulders, legs, hands or feet by 12.

Can only be used on armor in your possession, and attaching the armor kit causes the item to become soulbound.
    Casts spell http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=50906

Borean Armor Kit
    3 sec cast
    Requires Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate
    Permanently increase the Stamina of an item worn on the head, chest, shoulders, legs, hands or feet by 12.

Can only be used on armor in your possession, and attaching the armor kit causes the item to become soulbound.
    Just sayin'...

Maybe it will be changed. And it also says "Enchants YOUR cloak with xxx", and I don't know many hunter tailors. :P
    I don't know many warrior tailors either, but back to the point

Major nerf for hunters this patch and for what reason?

1 ) Kill command "buff" is a joke, makes it more practical in pvp but destroys viability in pve, good call.
    2 ) Who in their right mind will use aspect of the beast over monkey in "melee combat"? Seriously.
    3 ) Arcane shot "nerf" is the only nerf that I don't mind. I don't mind because it will be soon buffed to a level that alot of people will cry about.
    4 ) Tranq shot "buff" is a "nerf" at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I'm never going BM for pvp, but keeping track of more abilities to counter therefore taking up more bar space is my idea of a great time. Also BM get's countered, oh well, I guess you'll just have to try again in 1 minute and 20 seconds...
    5 ) Mongoose bite! Alright!...melee hunter...
    6 ) Counter attack was a joke before, no reason to use the max level in arena. Finally it's getting some love, but who honestly is going to go full surv for arenas? Hmmm, counter attack or beast within or silence shot. Let me rack my brain.
    7 ) Wing clip does no damage. Ok, let's think about this. It no longer does damage, costs more, reduces their speed to 50% (down from 60%). Makes perfect sense. The only thing I can think of why they did this, you trap, 10 seconds, spam wing clip, 5 yard range (?), hope it procs. If it doesn't, you die. You scatter shot, 3 seconds, you spam wing clip, 5 yard range (?), get two attempts, 1.5 second cd. If it doesn't you die, oh yeah, even if it does, you'll still be in shiv/spamstring range if it procs on the second try. Sounds about right.
    8 ) Chimera shot was trash, now it's less trash. It's like putting a V8 on a lawnmower, now you just have a fast lawnmower...
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    I don't know many warrior tailors either, but back to the point

Major nerf for hunters this patch and for what reason?

1 ) Kill command "buff" is a joke, makes it more practical in pvp but destroys viability in pve, good call.
    2 ) Who in their right mind will use aspect of the beast over monkey in "melee combat"? Seriously.
    3 ) Arcane shot "nerf" is the only nerf that I don't mind. I don't mind because it will be soon buffed to a level that alot of people will cry about.
    4 ) Tranq shot "buff" is a "nerf" at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I'm never going BM for pvp, but keeping track of more abilities to counter therefore taking up more bar space is my idea of a great time. Also BM get's countered, oh well, I guess you'll just have to try again in 1 minute and 20 seconds...
    5 ) Mongoose bite! Alright!...melee hunter...
    6 ) Counter attack was a joke before, no reason to use the max level in arena. Finally it's getting some love, but who honestly is going to go full surv for arenas? Hmmm, counter attack or beast within or silence shot. Let me rack my brain.
    7 ) Wing clip does no damage. Ok, let's think about this. It no longer does damage, costs more, reduces their speed to 50% (down from 60%). Makes perfect sense. The only thing I can think of why they did this, you trap, 10 seconds, spam wing clip, 5 yard range (?), hope it procs. If it doesn't, you die. You scatter shot, 3 seconds, you spam wing clip, 5 yard range (?), get two attempts, 1.5 second cd. If it doesn't you die, oh yeah, even if it does, you'll still be in shiv/spamstring range if it procs on the second try. Sounds about right.
    8 ) Chimera shot was trash, now it's less trash. It's like putting a V8 on a lawnmower, now you just have a fast lawnmower...
    wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong... wrong?

1) They aren't done with it... but it's pretty weak as it is... The fact that it's causing more damage for a certain time rather than a piddly 200-300 dmg is great. Plus, now it can be strategically used (on bosses, etc...) AND PVP. UPGRADE
    2) Beast vs Monkey - I might give you that.. BUT! They are trying to make Hunters less of a worthless POS when you're close. I agree it's pretty lobsided. I think the idea is: If a Mage sits next to you, they'll pay... if they run they'll pay. The same thing with a Rogue, etc... Sure if you're trying to mitigate you're going to go Monkey, but if you're dps'ing.. you'll be like a bad rogue (which is 4 times what Hunters are now)
    3 and 4). HUGE BUFF. Seriously? How can this not be. Arcane Shot is a random removal of a buff. I can't remove the BoP when I want, I just have to hope it comes off. With Tranq shot I can now remove the BoP (assuming I'm fast enough to remove it prior to getting things stacked). This is a great idea and well warranted. I don't understand if you want more buttons to press or less... but don't cry about hunters.. they have way less than warlocks, shamans, druids, etc... Only more than Rogues and Warriors imo...
    5) That's the point... make the guy who's hugging you pay for it a lot more than they are now. Basically, now (in PVP) hunters are just hugged once the pet is dead. If there is a dispeller or freedom the hunter is completely shut down. Why should the class that can use almost every melee weapon and is supposed to be a master of them not be able to do shit with them? I like this thought process.
    6) We'll see what the end result, and I agree very few hunters would go full survival - so I'll agree with you on this one.
    7) INCAPACITATES!!!!! - Pally Repents the target, and WING CLIP them, then run... they are incap'ed and you are a mile away while they are slowed... this is huge! I sooo hope they keep it this way. I can scatter, wing clip and run. I might even be able to get a wing clip proc and root them while they are scattered... Not to mention freeze trap + wing clip is huge. This might get nerfed imo.. since it will be too good, but we'll see
    8 ) chimera is getting changed a lot it seems.... it's hard to comment on something that's getting changed so much, but we'll see... giving another dps spell/shot seems like a needed thing. It all depends on what the end product is.

I think you're crazy! These things are enticing me to play my hunter more and more. Hopefully hunters will become less of a scorpid pet + viper sting drain bot in WotLK... cause that gets boring fast. Doing very little damage and just running sucks... for a high dps class.

Quote Originally Posted by zushiba
    Anyone else find Swordguard Embroidery a little dumb?

The only situation I can think of it ever being used is a druid who went Tailoring so as to gain access to some healing cloth gear maybe? And decided instead to go Feral and wanted to ignore armor...
    LOL -- It's very simple. It's in there because if it wasn't in there, whatever small number of rogues and other melee who took tailoring for whatever reason would QQ because there wasn't one for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Froppy
    wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong... wrong?
    You are the person that has to disagree just for the sake of argument because you think it happen to them because they deserved it and have no right to complain. The hunter class indeed got nerfed this time.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Wth i feel violated by these nurfs to hunters! :S

Loving the spell pushback changes. About goddamn time! No more 10 second Fears and 0.1 second drains...

Seriously, this might very well be one of the more important changes in PvP and its whole dynamics. Combined with the usual 70% interrupt resistance talents, this change will significantly level the playing field between casters and melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahura
    Loving the spell pushback changes. About goddamn time! No more 10 second Fears and 0.1 second drains...

Seriously, this might very well be one of the more important changes in PvP and its whole dynamics. Combined with the usual 70% interrupt resistance talents, this change will significantly level the playing field between casters and melee.
    that's fine, but it should remain as it is in PvE.