Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzcast Episode 4, Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Flying Carpet? hell yeah! ... now to find fitting RP gear for that :P
    Gnomish turban of psychic might?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sozou
    Very unfaire ... Metagems are more usefull as normal Gems >_<
    As an armorsmith, I can currently make 1 dps chest piece. Weaponsmiths have 2 weapons per specialty that they can make (and can dw 1 of them). Armorsmith is probably the most unrewarding specialty, in the least useful (possibly most expensive) crafting profession in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    its actually a buff, they couldnt tranq shot players' enrages before..., yea its a slight regular dispel nerf, but its a combined shot, that does both things.
    It's a nerf, rather than being a 6 second dispel that can be talented down to 5 second, it's now a dispell on a 15 second CD. So if a druid is nearly OOM, pops innervate and our "tranq shot" dispells something other than innervate, we lose.
    BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs
    It's a nerf, rather than being a 6 second dispel that can be talented down to 5 second, it's now a dispell on a 15 second CD. So if a druid is nearly OOM, pops innervate and our "tranq shot" dispells something other than innervate, we lose.
    get nerfed then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    its actually a buff, they couldnt tranq shot players' enrages before..., yea its a slight regular dispel nerf, but its a combined shot, that does both things.

yep
    Except remember that those "enrages" are now called "frenzies". You can't dispel a SINGLE THING which you couldn't previously :/

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    You build the playground. We swing on the swing. If there is a broken chain fix it.

Have a nice day.
    However this is a playground where you "pay to play", so unless they start loosing too much from people being bothered they aren't really forced to fix anything - and having stuff drop for all so noone looses isn't fixing anything. That just makes people weak (we have no loosers, just late winners). A part of the game is waiting for your drops otherwise noone would do the instances over and over again - since from what I read I don't think people do it for the atmosphere in most of the dungeons.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    This has to be the biggest horse crap that i have ever read from Blizzard. Pretty much what they are saying is not everyone can raid with the spec they want because it would produce too many questions. Having 1 spec or even 1 class being viable over another would seem logical from Blizzards stand point because, they do not know what classes should sit out. Here's a thought.
    Hi, I want to be raid viable with a 20/20/21 spec because that's how I want to play. Make it happen Blizzard.

BTW, lockouts serve a purpose of pacing content progression. I seriously doubt they are going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    Flying Carpet? hell yeah! ... now to find fitting RP gear for that :P
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21042
    Can't fail

Looks like : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21039
    But those should be obtainable normally as well.

In all kinds of colors.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=14130
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10061

On-use enchantments, eh? I can see it now...

[2. Trade] [Noobermeister] HOW DO I SHOT WEBS?

While Ugrateful goes over the top with his suggestions, his points are still valid, at least that's what I think.

What the game requires you to do:
    Until endgame raiding and competetive PvP the game requires no skill at all (some will argue that WoW doesn't require any skill at all, but let's be relative here), there isn't a single point where you have to beat a hard boss or quest and can't go around it.
    Endgame raiding requires skills which have actually almost nothing to do with WoW itself.
    You generally have two options:

You can be a raid leader, meaning that you make other people adapt your time frame and rules. For this job however you'll need in most cases a homepage, a forum, a ts or vent server and organizing abilities. Furthermore, you knowledge of the game should be second to no one in your raid. You can shift this responsibility by e.g. having class ops, but this also means you have to rely on other persons which can be uncomfortable and has great drama potential.

The second option would be to raid in no leading position whatsoever. On one hand, you can quickly access high content because you aren't bounded to anything. But to be honest, you are always in some way. On the downside you'll have to be very flexible in terms of time frames, rule which seem stupid to you and fellow morons raiders.
    To get into a raid you'll need reputation and luck. Luck that there is a spot free and rep gained through previous raids, 5man pugs or at least your well written application and understanding of your class you somehow managed to express.

You'll notice that actual gaming skill isn't really part of these things, except that it partly influences your personal reputation. You might think that skill possibly won't help you joining a raid group but more getting kicked you out if you haven't any, yet in reality I think everybody has this person in his raid who is really bad, was always bad and doesn't get any better, still he hasn't gotten kicked out.

But how the actual player base is:
    Blizzard didn't expect how their main player base would be. They cry about grinding reputation, but they love farming kara week after week for the badges.

I think the typical WoW player plays something around 1 to 4 hours a day, is in a guild with around 20-30 people like himself and all they do is chat over vent or teamspeak, level their 4th alt to level 70 together and do Karazhan with the guild, more or less successful. You may call them casual, actually.

They always try to tackle 25man raids with the guild but can't get all members in one place at the same time, so they have to invite other people, commonly the worst sort of players, 14year old guys who go afk during raids and lacking the social abilities other people from the guild have. Therefore, they can't down anything more than Gruul or the recently nerfed Mag.

They have too many players who never touched a video game before and hardly can shout at them because he's such a cool guy and you leveled all your alts together - oh, and his wife joined, too.

Of course, a few of them later leave and raid bllack temple, but there are always new people filling their place in these guilds, and they will even enjoy their 3rd aran wipe on their 62nd kara run.

So what?
    From what I see Blizzard wants to design a game which stands for itself, is accessible to anybody and still urges every player to see the whole thing.

To make raiding more accessible they are nerfing content, tweaking setup requirements, taking away attunements and now, with wotlk, making it running on two parallel rails.
    This way they believe they can keep the casuals and hardcore gamers happily at the same time (I'm using the terms hardcore and casual very loosely here, the only true difference lies in the kind of people you let yourself surrounding you which in the end greatly influences what you will achieve, skill isn't always a part of that).

However, this is the point at which I think Ugrateful starts criticizing Blizzard, and so do I, in a similar way.

Blizz wants encounters to be more unerstandable, yet more challenging in the end. This idea is great and practised since earliest games, where the boss always gains more abilities during the fight instead of smashing you into the ground 3 seconds into the fight because you haven't a clue. Old video games trained the player to become better so he can defeat the last boss. RPGs destroyed this concept, because you could just level up more.

And else? Item stats are simplified, Blizzard realized that nobody in the game tells you that you can become immune to critical strikes. Oh, wow! Thank you so bloody much, what is it worth knowing which stat is doing what when you can't test yourself in safe environment? That's a point where the game should be MUCH more accessible! Not everybody posts on ej or at least visits this site. Don't tell me you can figure out it your own. From where do you know how high your hit cap is, eh?

What about levelling itself? Where are the quests which are required to gain level 80? Where is the point before raiding where you can't just auto attack or simply skip the quest? There don't have to be endless attunements through all instances, just a handful quests where the player all alone is sent into an instanced area where he has to fulfill a few tasks without being able to exploit it.
    There is a helpful NPC who tells you for what your spells are actually designed, letting you e.g. heal a 10man npc group alone, rewarding you with level 80 and an achievement telling you what your damage record is. The raid of your choice will look at your achievemts and will say "we only accept people keeping the whole npc group up for at least 10 minutes, go try again".

Blizzard tweaks the game at the wrong points, nuff said.

If a Mage spell is giving more utility than a Warlock spec, obviously the Warlock should be doing more DPS.
    Obviously. And if a Warlock spell is giving more utility than a Mage spec, obviously the Warlock should be doing more DPS.

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Gnomish turban of psychic might?
    n1

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21042
    Can't fail

Looks like : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21039
    But those should be obtainable normally as well.

In all kinds of colors.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=14130
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10061
    a nice, cheers for the links, will check it out

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    looks like the glyphs are single shot after all.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...august/s17.jpg
    What makes you think that? A glyph has a USE yup that's clear. However this doesn't mean that you use it once and the ability disappears. It means you use it once and the ability gets written into a glyph slot on your character. So you have that permanent ability boost. Well its permanent as long as you don't replace it with the new EPIC glyph you get later on